[1.12.x] Civilian Population Modernized

linuxgurugamer

2 hours ago, dragonsfx said:

I just started playing again after a year, hoping that all mods are finally gonna be  stable since  1.12.2 is final release. 

I found that this mod was finally actually updated and working (Woot!) but, unfortunately,  there is something seriously wrong with it.  I lose so many kerbals for no reason at all... they just disappear. I read through the comments here and saw that this issue was reported before and supposed to have been fixed... but, tonight, i just lost 4 out of 7 kerbals. i lost the first 3 just going EVA from one ship to another... everything seemed fine, then when i brought the last one over, the ship was empty...
The last one i lost after arriving at the mun. she eva'd to get the science and upon entering the pod she ceased to exist (her science was still available though). and i was left only 2 poor kerbals that survived out of the seven that applied to the mission. Often times, kerbals just randomly disappear , i.e., you have 10  kerbals someplace, you go away and you come back and there are only 9...  anyhow, after a week of hoping this will get better just started a new save without this mod and will see how it goes.

Not related to the above bug, but you need to give a control for kerbal death (besides maximum average life)... like damn... i move 10 civilians to a new place and 2 of them die within like a week at 17 years old... if someone passes astronaut school they should  be smart enough to not just randomly die a couple days after arriving at their destination...

I don't respond nicely to demands, just keep that in mind for the future.

regarding the disappearing, no logs, no support

33 minutes ago, Infleto said:

Hello!

I am a noob and I want to play with MKS and USI life support will your mod work with them.  I understand MKS also replaced the need for EPL can your mod parts be built and work with MKS, is there any config file I need to edit?

Hello,

Yes Civilian Population works perfectly with USI (CORE, FTT, MKS and TOOLS) and optionally you can use USI-LS.

Edited by pmborg

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 8/4/2022 at 3:29 AM, chaos113 said:

how would one add civilian capability to a part of another mod

I have a config on GitHub which takes care of Angel-125's mods. It's not too well play-tested but it worked out as far as I tested.

• The first part, "Castillo," is setup as a university and a theater.
  • The Buffalo Long Passenger Cab, DSEV Tranquility Mk2 Habitat, and Airships Passenger Gondola are just theaters. The first two don't include the recruitment module (which was intentional at the time but might be bad). This is due to the Airship parts being very large which make them suitable for having the "space" for recruitment, I guess.
  • The DSEV centrifuges are setup as just universities.
  • All given parts have at least the housing module unless there's an exception (see below).

My criteria for choosing and classifying parts are basically:

1. Unless there's a good cause for exception the part must always be a basic cabin. Other parts like command, crewed greenhouse, science lab, workshop don't make sense. The housing module allows the part to be used for hanky panky and the delivery room.
    • I made an exception: I used the Airships science lab as a university since it's a very large part and Angel's mods mostly aren't about long-term habitation (but mostly are about traveling in style). Note that it lacks the housing module for obvious reasons.
  2. If the part has lots of crew capacity it's considerable for use as a theater and recruitment center, or a university.
    • If it's cramped or otherwise just gets a passing grade as a hab (like the Mk3 airplane cabin + some imagination) then make it a theater.
    • If it gets a high grade as a hab (spacious like a dome, or is a centrifuge) then make it a university and maybe also a theater.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

22 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I have a config on GitHub which takes care of Angel-125's mods. It's not too well play-tested but it worked out as far as I tested.

• The Buffalo Long Passenger Cab, DSEV Tranquility Mk2 Habitat, and Airships Passenger Gondola are just theaters. The first two don't include the recruitment module (which was intentional at the time but might be bad). This is due to the Airship parts being very large which make them suitable for having the "space" for recruitment, I guess.
  • All given parts have at least the housing module unless there's an exception (see below).

1. Unless there's a good cause for exception the part must always be a basic cabin. Other parts like command, crewed greenhouse, science lab, workshop don't make sense. The housing module allows the part to be used for hanky panky and the delivery room.
    • I made an exception: I used the Airships science lab as a university since it's a very large part and Angel's mods mostly aren't about long-term habitation (but mostly are about traveling in style). Note that it lacks the housing module for obvious reasons.
  2. If the part has lots of crew capacity it's considerable for use as a theater and recruitment center, or a university.
    • If it's cramped or otherwise just gets a passing grade as a hab (like the Mk3 airplane cabin + some imagination) then make it a theater.
    • If it gets a high grade as a hab (spacious like a dome, or is a centrifuge) then make it a university and maybe also a theater.

i already discovered how to add the ability to other parts and wrote a patch for planetary base and spxr 

On 8/7/2022 at 6:58 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

Thank you very much for sharing that config!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

After much testing, I discovered this mod and ExtraPlanetary Launchpads seems to be conflicting with each other.  When I load the game with both, I cannot click on anything in the spacecenter. Even trying to exit to main menu  nothing happens.

KSP log shows Assembly error. I've the log link below. Im using the latest version of KSP.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sP9PLhmKIADA56D8bLbTT1HyAGH2f0oQ/view?usp=sharing

Mod list: https://imgur.com/a/Abmdc3o

3 hours ago, tychochallenge said:

After much testing, I discovered this mod and ExtraPlanetary Launchpads seems to be conflicting with each other.  When I load the game with both, I cannot click on anything in the spacecenter. Even trying to exit to main menu  nothing happens.

KSP log shows Assembly error. I've the log link below. Im using the latest version of KSP.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sP9PLhmKIADA56D8bLbTT1HyAGH2f0oQ/view?usp=sharing

Mod list: https://imgur.com/a/Abmdc3o

This is your problem:

[WRN 15:28:52.480] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'ToolbarController' has not met dependency 'ClickThroughBlocker' V1.0.0
[WRN 15:28:52.480] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'ToolbarController' is missing 1 dependencies

[WRN 15:28:52.480] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'CC_RemoteTech' has not met dependency 'RemoteTech' V1.7.0
[WRN 15:28:52.480] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'CC_RemoteTech' is missing 1 dependencies
[WRN 15:28:52.480] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'KerKonConConExt' has not met dependency 'KerbalKonstructs' V0.9.0
[WRN 15:28:52.480] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'KerKonConConExt' is missing 1 dependencies

T oolbarController, isn't there, so CivPop fails on looking fo rit.

You also seem to have issues with CC_RemoteTech and KerKonConConExt

I am assuming you installed by hand instead of with CKAN, if you had installed your mods with CKAN, these issues would not have arisen.

Also, I prefer the Player.log, not the KSP.log

19 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

This is your problem:

[WRN 15:28:52.480] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'ToolbarController' has not met dependency 'ClickThroughBlocker' V1.0.0
[WRN 15:28:52.480] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'ToolbarController' is missing 1 dependencies

[WRN 15:28:52.480] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'CC_RemoteTech' has not met dependency 'RemoteTech' V1.7.0
[WRN 15:28:52.480] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'CC_RemoteTech' is missing 1 dependencies
[WRN 15:28:52.480] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'KerKonConConExt' has not met dependency 'KerbalKonstructs' V0.9.0
[WRN 15:28:52.480] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'KerKonConConExt' is missing 1 dependencies

ToolbarController, isn't there, so CivPop fails on looking fo rit.

You also seem to have issues with CC_RemoteTech and KerKonConConExt

I am assuming you installed by hand instead of with CKAN, if you had installed your mods with CKAN, these issues would not have arisen.

Also, I prefer the Player.log, not the KSP.log

After more testing, I managed to narrow the problems to ModularFlightIntegrator... for some reason.

I gave up and decided to reinstall everything with CKAN and now everything works fine. Thanks for your assistance! :D

• 2 months later...

Hello!
I have the WildBlue Industries simplified config for the Pathfinder colinization mod, and I want to get this mod, but on CKAN it says that this mod and WildBlue Industries simplified conflict with each other, same for pristine and the other config's. Please help!

42 minutes ago, StateOfBurgundy said:

Hello!
I have the WildBlue Industries simplified config for the Pathfinder colinization mod, and I want to get this mod, but on CKAN it says that this mod and WildBlue Industries simplified conflict with each other, same for pristine and the other config's. Please help!

Howdy. You'll have to manually install this mod. (It would be easier to as it's just one mod, not a suite.) I imagine there's a conflict between the mutual dependency on CRP, and the fact that the WBI mods ship with 4 play modes including CRP.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I'm currently playing with the mod through CKAN and I've run into an issue I havent found reported anywhere else. When I try to EVA inside of a biodome/sphere it is treated as one solid part and glitches out the kerbal before either moving them outside or killing them. Videos included below and I can provide logs if needed but does anyone know a fix for this? I've also tried downloading the files from github directly and replacing the CKAN files but that didnt stop the issue from happening weirdly.

https://imgur.com/a/EEYzfJ5

Edited by EH14
Forgot to add solution I've already tried

On 3/21/2024 at 1:14 PM, EH14 said:

Hi, I'm currently playing with the mod through CKAN and I've run into an issue I havent found reported anywhere else. When I try to EVA inside of a biodome/sphere it is treated as one solid part and glitches out the kerbal before either moving them outside or killing them. Videos included below and I can provide logs if needed but does anyone know a fix for this? I've also tried downloading the files from github directly and replacing the CKAN files but that didnt stop the issue from happening weirdly.

https://imgur.com/a/EEYzfJ5

I don't think there is a solution.This may have to do with the parts, and those aren't being worked on anymore

On 3/26/2024 at 6:49 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I don't think there is a solution.This may have to do with the parts, and those aren't being worked on anymore

Thanks for the response that's sad to hear I was hoping to be able to use them for mainly eva bases. I've been getting into modifying mods lately but havent had a chance to work with any models in this context(outside fusion360) or do anything incredibly custom, is there anything super obvious I should know or be looking for when learning to modify game models?

21 hours ago, EH14 said:

Thanks for the response that's sad to hear I was hoping to be able to use them for mainly eva bases. I've been getting into modifying mods lately but havent had a chance to work with any models in this context(outside fusion360) or do anything incredibly custom, is there anything super obvious I should know or be looking for when learning to modify game models?

I'll take a look at it in the next day or so

No promises, though