Mün Surface Survey Contract Troubles

I've gotten my rover as close as I could to the point on the map, but I don't know how to exactly aim for the area I need to be. I've been moving a bit NSWE and taking EVA reports but nothing seems to activate the contract. Am I doing something wrong? When I click on the marker on the map I get an option to "Start Navigation" but it doesn't seem to do anything! At the very least I feel there should be a visible marker in the world, like for my other crafts and flags and such.

As Rizzo said, in the stock game when you activate navigation for the marker it will only show up on your navball. Although, it can be hard to see the marker if it is over the horizon line of your navball. It helps to have the control point of your rover facing forward, not upwards - otherwise the horizon line is barely visible.

A message will pop up on your screen when you get within 500 meters of the site marker. You can do your report anywhere within that 500 meter area. Assuming this is an EVA report then your site should be on the surface, but some contract sites are above the surface and you'd need to fly through the area around the marker.

If you want a mod that will show you the markers in the world as you're driving, then consider getting Waypoint Manager.

Edited by HvP

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.