SimpleConstruction! (SCON) Stock rocket building

zer0Kerbal

11 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Ahhhhhh, just as I was beginning to suspect (which is why I came to check this thread).

If you are using SC, I suspect you do not need all of EL, just its Launchpad.dll, which you can put in SC's directory (overwriting the Launchpad.dll there), and removing any ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads.version from SC's directory.

That fixed it. Now I only have a weird UI (see pic). https://ibb.co/znf14Lb

On 8/24/2021 at 7:02 PM, Kamilo said:

That fixed it. Now I only have a weird UI (see pic). https://ibb.co/znf14Lb

Oh, dear.I goofed in my instructions, sorry. You DO need the UI (style cfg and pngs) and probably Texture (app buttons etc) directories.

Oh, however, if you edit the paths in UI/DefaultSkin.cfg, you can move that into SC's directory.

New release due out shortly, thank you to @taniwha! It will be a pre-release/beta version until such time as @taniwhareleases EL as release rather than beta: so caveat emptor.

On 8/23/2021 at 3:29 AM, taniwha said:

This may seem a little odd being hot on the heals of "no promised release date", but initial testing went well, and this is more a beta release than a proper release (thus the version number). Also, I apologize for the delay: I really just could not face KSP stuff for a while.

Anyway...

I have released version 6.99.0 of Extraplanetary Launchpads. As this involves a lot of heavy work rewriting the UI, and probably a lot of bit-rot (missed two major KSP updates), there may be problems lurking. However, the basics seem to work from 1.8 to 1.12 (not much testing done on 1.10, and none on 1.11, though).

Changes from 6.8.3:

• Complete overhaul of EL's main UI:  it now uses Unity's Canvas system (via @sarbian's KodeUI (many thanks to him for getting that ball rolling). The one exception is the settings window (I forgot about it and couldn't be bothered for this release). KodeUI (and thus EL's UI) is quite configurable: if you don't like the colors or even the graphics, you can change them via config file edits.
  • New icons (app launcher, filter, etc) thanks to @JadeOfMaar. Again, many thanks.
  • Completely new craft browser: no longer is EL at the mercy of KSP for browsing craft files.
    • (possible loss) Steam support unknown (I've forgotten if it works or not).
    • Craft thumbnails can be refreshed at any time via the "cycle" button in the upper left corner of the browser's ship image). This works for sub-assemblies as well.
    • Craft description (if the craft file has one) is displayed under the ship image.
    • EXPERIMENTAL, very WIP: Individual parts can be selected and edited. Parts are saved as their own craft files (in saves/<savename>/Parts). Ground science parts supported!
  • Build manager UI shows craft description (if available) and ship image as well as the craft bill of materials.
  • Resource manager UI integrated into the main EL window as a separate tab.

Known issues;

• Productivity display doesn't always update correctly.
  • (mentioned above) Steam vessels may not be supported.
  • Part editor is unfinished.
  • KodeUI's style specification is not stable.

Please let me know of any issues, but better yet, any successes :)

Since @taniwha's EL new version is a beta, I will only be putting the new release on Curseforge.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

On 8/25/2021 at 5:48 PM, zer0Kerbal said:

New release due out shortly, thank you to @taniwha! It will be a pre-release/beta version until such time as @taniwhareleases EL as release rather than beta: so caveat emptor.

Since @taniwha's EL new version is a beta, I will only be putting the new release on Curseforge.

I’ve looked on there, but it only shows a version from the second of June.

Edited by Hyperspace Industries
Sorry, for being rude.

• 2 weeks later...

Version 4.0.9.9 - pre-release

This is PRE-RELEASE - and WILL break saves

WARNING: Only Curseforge version will include .dll’s

• 12 Sep 2021
  • Release for KSP 1.9.1
  • for Kerbal Space Program [KSP 1.9.1] (because EL.version says so)

DO A CLEAN INSTALL: DELETE EXISTING THEN RE-INSTALL

[GitHub]

this might make @Vaos Human @Vaos happy (and many others)

Edited by zer0Kerbal

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, kennyc222 said:

will it work for 1.12.9?? the dock doesn't show UI button at all! 

the version on CurseForge should work for 1.12.2; it is my understanding that the .version file included with EL is outdated, and it (EL) is actually compatible with 1.12.2 so therefore SCON! should be. One word of caution, it is still pre-release.

dock? or the stock button bar? If it doesn't show, you probably didn't install it correctly.  @kennyc222 zip up your KSP.log and send it to me via dropbox or similar.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

6 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

the version on CurseForge should work for 1.12.2; it is my understanding that the .version file included with EL is outdated, and it (EL) is actually compatible with 1.12.2 so therefore SCON! should be. One word of caution, it is still pre-release.

dock? or the stock button bar? If it doesn't show, you probably didn't install it correctly.  @kennyc222 zip up your KSP.log and send it to me via dropbox or similar.

yeah! the dock whichs show the UI for building part or vessels... i use ckan anyway

Concerning the issues @Vaos Humanwas having with SCON!, I believe the GUI window(s) were spawning off screen for one reason or another. Currently the only real way to fix the issue it to use KML to edit the save (or with a text editor) and change the window location. @taniwhais aware of the issue.

The other issue that @Carnasa(he talks about it here; is when spawning craft when proxima is installed and having to turn off gravity (hack gravity) in order to spawn without blowing up. ( @taniwha)

Spoiler

18 minutes ago, kennyc222 said:

yeah! the dock whichs show the UI for building part or vessels... i use ckan anyway

the new version is only on CurseForge until it isn't alpha,beta, or prerelease. It is manual install only. Once it is release, then I will post to SpaceDock and that will propagate to CKAN.

Older version might still work on 1.12.2 - YMMV. I know for a fact that 4.0.9.9-prerelease works on 1.12.2 with some caveats (see above @kennyc222)

Edited by zer0Kerbal

2 minutes ago, kennyc222 said:

thanks i will try it out whether it works if i do it manually for 1.12.x

just remember to delete the old EL and SC folders in GameData/ first. Manual install is simple, because the zip is an exact mirror of the install.

Good luck and happy explod.. oops, building!

I am now planning on a new release for SimpleConstruction! for later this week.

• version bump to 4.0.9.9.1
  • KSP 1.12.2 compatable
  • fix launchclamps
  • other minor things.
  • will be pre-release so only on CurseForge.

more news when there is news.

Track progress below:

issue here. Project here.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

10 hours ago, Makrom said:

Is this mod compatible with RSS/RO ?

thanks,

@MakromI have no personal knowledge; however I also cannot find a reason it shouldn't be since it isn't affected by most things RSS/RO does; as long as the stock ore is an available resource.

Last call for additional localizations (translations) before I push 4.0.99.1-prerelease to CurseForge (only there since it isn't a release)

news when there is news.

On 10/26/2021 at 12:21 PM, zer0Kerbal said:

I am now planning on a new release for SimpleConstruction! for later this week.

• version bump to 4.0.9.9.1
  • KSP 1.12.2 compatable
  • fix launchclamps
  • other minor things.
  • will be pre-release so only on CurseForge.

more news when there is news.

Track progress below:

issue here. Project here.

Thanks for keeping this going.

• 3 weeks later...