SimpleConstruction! (SCON) Stock rocket building

zer0Kerbal

SimpleConstruction! Version
KSP version License
AVC .version files Pages

Version 4.0.99.20-prerelease <New Launchpad> edition

This is PRE-RELEASE - and WILL break saves

meaning things have changed, including file names - so delete GameData/ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads and GameData/SimpleConstruction folders - THEN install new version

19 Jul 2022
Release for Kerbal Space Program [KSP 1.12.x]

DO A CLEAN INSTALL:
DELETE EXISTING INSTALLATION THEN RE-INSTALL

Download from CurseForge

Summary

• [Launchpad.dll] 6.99.2
    • minimum KSP version: 1.12.x

Changes

Spoiler

Extraplanetary Launchpads 0.6.99.2

• Update

• [Launchpad.dll] 6.99.2
      • closes #144 - Update [Launchpad.dll] to v0.6.99.2
  • Combine ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/ with SimpleConstruction/

• only leaves the toolbar button icons in ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/
  • closes #144 - Update [Launchpad.dll] to 0.6.99.2

• Changes from 6.99.1 from taniwha's changelog for Extraplanetary Launchpads:

• Minimum KSP version is now 1.12 (might be able to use in 1.11).
    • Check for missing flag textures. Fixes stuck UI (visible symptom is a white flag icon).
    • Better consistency on the UI toggle button (maybe a bit small now, though).
    • Update resource manager correctly on vessel switch.
    • Don't interpolate single-point efficiency curves (fixes exception in converter module)
    • Add ModuleCargoPart to most parts, but only if KIS is not installed (based on the assumption that if KIS is installed, its storage options are considered to be superior)
    • Tweak the rocket builder's eject vectors, making exiting a "seat" less weird.
    • UI strings localized (always were in the new UI, but not in a config file: they're now loaded).
    • Add Brazilian Portuguese translation (many thanks to [@Steven Marinelli](https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/ profile/221885-steven-marinelli/))
    • Add agency localizations
    • Add support for subdirectories. I had over 150 craft files in my VAB (1.9.1 save). This... makes a very welcome difference.
    • Wait for work sinks (currently just the various pads) to become ready before doing catch-up. This prevents an NRE in the build control code that I was not able to reproduce myself. Many many thanks to [@Rodger](https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/ index.php?/profile/153575-rodger/) (who ran into it) for his patience in testing (heavily modded JNSQ... load times are looooooong).
    • Add support for stock inventory parts to the resource manager. This means that resources stored in tanks stored in cargo containers are now counted correctly (only one level deep, though, so tanks in containers in containers won't be counted properly (same as KIS)). This is the reason for abandoning older versions of KSP.
    • As always, feedback and bug reports are welcome. Preferably github for the bug reports, and logs (KSP.log, make sure LOG_INSTANT_FLUSH in settings.cfg is True. Player.log accepted only if KSP actually crashes as it is normally an unreadable mess (and doesn't have timestamps)) or it didn't happen.
    • While this is still in the .99 series, I would say that EL is pretty stable and can be considered late beta or even final pre-release. It's more I have a few more things I want to get in before going to 7.0. Many many thanks to everyone who as given feedback and bug reports, and for putting up with my absence (gallivanting between The Bubble and Colonia, mostly in a DBX, both above and below the galactic plane, and a lot of work done on QuakeForge).

EXPERIMENTAL

• download only from GitHub here
    • updates will be in same discussion as the download link
  • NEW:
    • Added recycler to "The Klaw" [GrapplingDevice]
    • updates #40 - Stock Recycler
    • adds a seperate mesh for the recycler
    • mesh needs some placement and size tweaks
  • Compatibility
    • [Interstellar.cfg] v1.0.1.0
      • localize
      • update patch
    • [InterstellarFuelSwitch.cfg] v1.0.4.0
      • localize
      • update patch

Localization

• XPL
    • Localization
      • updated:
        • en-us.cfg
        • zh-cn.cfg
      • added:
        • pt-br.cfg
  • corrected long standing typo:
    • RocketParts --> Rocket Parts
  • Move XPL dictionaries from EL to SCON
  • updates #24 - Localization - Brazil Portuguese (Português Brasil) <pt-br.cfg>
  • closes #39 - Adjust Localization to represent SimpleConstruction!
  • updates #19 - Localization - Master

Status

• Issues
    • closes #139 - SimpleConstruction! (SCON) 4.0.99.20-prerelease <New Launchpad> edition
    • closes #140 - 4.0.99.20 Verify Legal Mumbo Jumbo
    • closes #141 - 4.0.99.20 Update Documentation
    • closes #142 - 4.0.99.20 Update Social Media

See More

• Changelog Summary for more details of changes : See ChangeLog
  • Discussions and news on this mod : See Discussions or KSP Forums
  • Known Issues for more details of feature requests and known issues : See Known Issues
  • GitHub Pages : See Pages

Localization

SimpleConstruction! (SCON)

• English English
  • Dutch Dutch - courtesy of GitHub user: x13x54
  • Français French (Français) - courtesy of GitHub user: izeau (Jean Dupouy)!
  • German German (Deutsch)
  • Chinese Chinese (简体中文)
  • your translation here

HELP WANTED - See the README in the Localization folder or the Quickstart Guide for instructions for adding or improving translations. GitHub push is the best way to contribute. Additions and corrections welcome!

Extraplanetary Launchpads

• English English
  • Chinese Chinese (简体中文)
  • your translation here

Kindly help taniwha and translate? See above for instructions. Github Repo

red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support

How to get support

Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date

How to support this and other great mods by zer0Kerbal

Support Patreon Github Sponsor Buy zer0Kerbal a snack

Bug report/suggestion: with B9PartSwitch installed, the ore/metal/rp tanks are *incredibly* expensive, like 150k+. I looked myself, and in the compatibility for B9 folder, the file B9TankTypes.cfg has tankCosts set very high, at 100 for several of them. I changed them down to 1, which seems to have given reasonable numbers in the range of the stock prices of those tanks. 

I'm building a 400ton station in orbit and the construction is completed, whenever I click "finalize build" it suffers the worst kraken I've ever seen in years.

The explosion is always caused by some water purifiers I have on the station, I've slightly changed the craft file accordingly but the "restart build" button seems to do nothing at all, when the station is under construction I can start deconstruction but now its finalized I cant,  I going to have to deorbit the construction ship its got a big green bomb sitting on the nose I cant make go away.

is there any fix? id rather not have to test my builds in sandbox every time

Edited by Grumpyhacker

3 hours ago, xXIndestructibleEVAXx said:

Bug report/suggestion: with B9PartSwitch installed, the ore/metal/rp tanks are *incredibly* expensive, like 150k+. I looked myself, and in the compatibility for B9 folder, the file B9TankTypes.cfg has tankCosts set very high, at 100 for several of them. I changed them down to 1, which seems to have given reasonable numbers in the range of the stock prices of those tanks. 

@xXIndestructibleEVAXx are the costs for empty or full tanks?

Kindly submit a bug report on GitHub with both your KSP.log and ModuleManager.ConfigCache - you can drag'n'drop your zipped/archived files directly into your bug report or comment.

2 hours ago, Grumpyhacker said:

I'm building a 400ton station in orbit and the construction is completed, whenever I click "finalize build" it suffers the worst kraken I've ever seen in years.

The explosion is always caused by some water purifiers I have on the station, I've slightly changed the craft file accordingly but the "restart build" button seems to do nothing at all, when the station is under construction I can start deconstruction but now its finalized I cant,  I going to have to deorbit the construction ship its got a big green bomb sitting on the nose I cant make go away.

is there any fix? id rather not have to test my builds in sandbox every time

@Grumpyhacker Kindly submit a bug report on GitHub with both your KSP.log and ModuleManager.ConfigCache - you can drag'n'drop your zipped/archived files directly into your bug report or comment.

Edited by zer0Kerbal
update links and lasso the birds

Any comments on the experimental part?

also:

55 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Changes from 6.99.2:

• Fix hiding EL's launch clamp (Louis Bach)
  • Fix incorrect vertical offset (5m) for survey builds
  • Fix inconsistent directory tree indentation
  • Japanese translation (Yark-Aki). Only partial due to the PR being before I did a release with the UI localization.
  • Survey stake CoM put underground (@zer0Kerbal, @Robin Patenall), and some tweaks to make it have the correct height offset for the build. Thanks to @Rodger for initial testing of the PR.
  • Allow survey station when KIS is not installed.
  • Patch Kerbal inventory mass limit to include the Kerbal's mass (ModuleInventoryPart massLimit is TOTAL mass, not just inventory mass), allowing kerbals to pick up stakes after they've been placed.

• 2 weeks later...

KSP version License
AVC .version files Pages

Version 4.0.99.30-prerelease <Launchpad 30> edition

meaning things have changed, including file names - so delete GameData/ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads and GameData/SimpleConstruction folders - THEN install new version

07 Aug 2022
Release for Kerbal Space Program [KSP 1.12.x]

DO A CLEAN INSTALL:

Download from CurseForge

Summary

• [Launchpad.dll] 6.99.3
  • Compatibility patches updated
    • Interstellar
    • InterstellarFuelSwitch

Spoiler

Extraplanetary Launchpads 0.6.99.3

• Update

• [Launchpad.dll] 6.99.3
      • closes #144 - Update [Launchpad.dll] to v0.6.99.3
  • Combine ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/ with SimpleConstruction/

• only leaves the toolbar button icons in ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/
  • closes #156 - Update [Launchpad.dll] to 0.6.99.3

• Changes from 6.99.2 from taniwha's changelog for Extraplanetary Launchpads:

• Minimum KSP version is now 1.12 (might be able to use in 1.11).
    • As always, feedback and bug reports are welcome. Preferably github for the bug reports, and logs (KSP.log, make sure LOG_INSTANT_FLUSH in settings.cfg is True. Player.log accepted only if KSP actually crashes as it is normally an unreadable mess (and doesn't have timestamps)) or it didn't happen.
    • While this is still in the .99 series, I would say that EL is pretty stable and can be considered late beta or even final pre-release. It's more I have a few more things I want to get in before going to 7.0. Many many thanks to everyone who as given feedback and bug reports, and for putting up with my absence.
    • Fix hiding EL's launch clamp (Louis Bach)
    • Fix incorrect vertical offset (5m) for survey builds
    • Fix inconsistent directory tree indentation
    • Japanese translation (Yark-Aki). Only partial due to the PR being before I did a release with the UI localization.
    • Survey stake CoM put underground (@zer0Kerbal, @Robin Patenall), and some tweaks to make it have the correct height offset for the build. Thanks to @Rodger for initial testing of the PR.
    • Allow survey station when KIS is not installed.
    • Patch Kerbal inventory mass limit to include the Kerbal's mass (ModuleInventoryPart massLimit is TOTAL mass, not just inventory mass), allowing kerbals to pick up stakes after they've been placed.

EXPERIMENTAL

• download only from GitHub here
    • updates will be in same discussion as the download link
  • NEW:
    • updates #40 - Stock Recycler
    • adds a separate mesh for the recycler

Compatibility 4.0.99.30

• Update
    • <Interstellar.cfg> v1.0.1.0
      • localize
      • update patch
    • <InterstellarFuelSwitch.cfg> v1.0.4.0
      • localize
      • update patch
    • <Recipes.cfg> v4.1.0.0
      • add
        • recycler recipes
        • transfer recipes
        • header
    • <CommunityCategoryKit.cfg> v1.0.1.0
      • update locations
        • from ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/Texture to SimpleConstruction/Texture folders
        • icon_filter_n
        • icon_filter_s

Localization

• Localization
    • updated:
      • <en-us.cfg> v1.2.3.0
      • <pt-br.cfg> v1.0.2.0
      • <de.cfg> v1.0.2.0
      • <nl-nl.cfg> v1.0.2.0
      • <zh-cn.cfg> v1.0.2.0
  • corrected long standing typo:
    • #SCON_Karbonite-name -> #SCON-Karbonite-name
  • closes #24 - Localization - Brazil Portuguese (Português Brasil) <pt-br.cfg>
  • closes #39 - Adjust Localization to represent SimpleConstruction!
  • updates #19 - Localization - Master

Status

• Issues
    • closes #150 - SimpleConstruction! (SCON) 4.0.99.30-prerelease <Launchpad 30> edition
    • closes #151 - 4.0.99.30 Verify Legal Mumbo Jumbo
    • closes #152 - 4.0.99.30 Update Documentation
    • closes #153 - 4.0.99.30 Update Social Media

See More

• Changelog Summary for more details of changes : See ChangeLog
  • Known Issues for more details of feature requests and known issues : See Known Issues

Localization

SimpleConstruction! (SCON)

• English English
  • Chinese Chinese (简体中文)
  • your translation here

HELP WANTED - See the README in the Localization folder or the Quickstart Guide for instructions for adding or improving translations. GitHub push is the best way to contribute. Additions and corrections welcome!

• English English
  • Chinese Chinese (简体中文)
  • your translation here

Kindly help out taniwha and help translate. See above for instructions. Github Repo

How to get support

• 3 weeks later...

In what way does it break saves? Will it break saves if I add it to a new save? Or is it versions using "older" versions that will break? New to this mod. Been looking for a mod like this for a while and the one that comes to closest to "not" adding new parts. Is this one. "and with far future added launching giant stuff from surface in my career is getting old and tedious"

9 hours ago, Zefnoly said:

In what way does it break saves? Will it break saves if I add it to a new save? Or is it versions using "older" versions that will break? New to this mod. Been looking for a mod like this for a while and the one that comes to closest to "not" adding new parts. Is this one. "and with far future added launching giant stuff from surface in my career is getting old and tedious"

It shouldn't break saves - but since it is prerelease, well call it safety boilerplate. so back up your save game first (j.i.c.s.h.t.p.f)

6 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

It shouldn't break saves - but since it is prerelease, well call it safety boilerplate. so back up your save game first (j.i.c.s.h.t.p.f)

Thx for the clarification! Tested the mod and it appears to have loaded nicely with the rest of the mods I plan to use in the latest version. Hopefully now I can build bases on mun (even duna or laythe) in my next career game without sending huge models dozens of times on large rockets. I dont do the lifesupport mods and wanted everything to fit well with restock and nertea (which means i rather not have other parts added than those) so this mod seems perfect. It also seems to work well with Nerteas parts. However stockalike stationparts have larger size science modules and more slots for kerbals to be inside. But does not appear to have more productivity than the stock science lab. Is there a way I can manually patch it? (Done basic mod file edits before to manually fix lacking modules etc.)

As it would make sense if those has factors appropriate for their larger sizes?

Edited by Zefnoly

Thx for the clarification!

@Zefnoly, YVMW

appears to have loaded nicely

Good

build bases on mun (even duna or laythe)

After you get comfortable with SCON! I'd suggest looking into NSSC (Not So SimpleConstruction!) as it adds another way to build (survey stakes) - but that is an advanced topic since it can get complicated. Keridian Dynamics also adds more wonderful parts specifically for XPL/SCON based mods, as does @SuicidalInsanity's SMX (Stockalike Mining Expansion). I know you say you have enough parts, but can one kerbal have enough parts, really:happy:

have larger size science modules and more slots for kerbals to be inside. But does not appear to have more productivity than the stock science lab

Well productivity factor is a simple formula (which get's a little more complicated if you drill down).

vessels' productivity factor (vPF) = sum of all part's productivity factor (pPF); pPF is a combination of the parts PF (set in the part.cfg/patches), the number of kerbals (more is better), and the profession/level of the kerbals (or at least the highest ranking kerbal / professional) in that part.

So yes, a larger crew capacity part (Say the six seat science lab (MPL) version with six kerbals, with one engineer of :rep::rep::rep::rep::rep:'s will out produce the two seat MPL with two kerbals (with the same lead engineer)) can outperform a smaller crew capacity part .

I say look in the <KSP_ROOT>/GameData/SimpleConstruction/Config/... directory and look at the configs there; they are all text file which can be opened with NotePad, vim, VSCocde, Atom, VSCodium, Notepad++, or any other text editor. You can learn allot about how this awesome mode by @MatterBeam and then by @RealGecko works. 

Note, if you do decide to modify, save your patches in your own folder under GameData (and name it something like `zzzPersonal`) because if/when you upgrade SCON, your changes will be lost.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

4 hours ago, TheNamedOyster said:

Is there any chance of getting this mod to work with Kerbalism? The game boots fine but Kerbalism overrides changes made to the science labs and the ISRUs. I've tried tinkering with configs for the last couple of days but have yet to get anything working properly.

@TheNamedOyster thank you for the question. First that I am hearing about an issue (that I can remember) with SCON+KERB.

Short answer - yes, might be a kludge at first, be can be done and then refined.

Are you willing to assist in this both in testing and feedback?

First step: Kindly submit a bug report on GitHub with both your KSP.log and ModuleManager.ConfigCache - you can drag'n'drop your zipped/archived files directly into your bug report or comment.

I want the ModuleManager.ConfigCache because it contains complete copies of all the part.cfg's after being patched. This will allow me to see exactly what Kerbalism is doing, without having to reverse engineer Kerbalism. It is all I should need.

3 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

Are you willing to assist in this both in testing and feedback?

Yeah I'm more than happy to help. I have submitted the bug report and files you asked for.  I left my mod list untouched from when I found the error. If you need me to reduce the number of mods I have installed let me know, I'll be happy to resubmit the log files. I realize that sorting through logs from ~100 mods may be tedious. Thanks for your help.

Edited by TheNamedOyster

1 hour ago, TheNamedOyster said:

Yeah I'm more than happy to help. I have submitted the bug report and files you asked for.  I left my mod list untouched from when I found the error. If you need me to reduce the number of mods I have installed let me know, I'll be happy to resubmit the log files. I realize that sorting through logs from ~100 mods may be tedious. Thanks for your help.

Thank you.  @TheNamedOyster +1 :rep:

Initial trial patch posted in issue thread. specific directions there as well. just affect science labs for now - proof of concept per se.

• 3 weeks later...

I am really enjoy this mod!  Thank you for your contribution to KSP!   I do have one question:  When finalizing any project, when it is released, it flies, for lack of a better word, some distance from the construction port.  Is there a way to fix this so it just releases it at the port?   

On 9/21/2022 at 8:56 PM, ItchyBrother said:

I am really enjoy this mod!  Thank you for your contribution to KSP!   I do have one question:  When finalizing any project, when it is released, it flies, for lack of a better word, some distance from the construction port.  Is there a way to fix this so it just releases it at the port?   

[BUG] build 'flies; after releasing a finalizing project

:rep: @ItchyBrother - solution should be simple - care to try (not for live saves. make a backup of save game) the experimental patch (which I will put on the GitHub issue link above when I have it)?

On 9/18/2022 at 3:27 PM, zer0Kerbal said:

@TheNamedOyster am still working on it.

@TheNamedOyster I believe I have opened this jar of pickles... see GitHub for more details.

KSP version License
AVC .version files Pages

Version 4.0.99.31-prerelease <ItchyBrother> edition

29 Sep 2022
Release for Kerbal Space Program 1.12.3

DO A CLEAN INSTALL:

Download from CurseForge

Summary

• Updated Docking Port patch to prevent finalized builds from flying away when released
  • This may have an impact on all docking ports not pushing away anything when released.

Spoiler

Changes 4.0.99.31

• universally update abbreviation from SCON to SC
  • imgbot
  • move thumbs (to prevent possible game crashes due to malformed thumbs)

Config 4.0.99.31

• Update
    • [DockingPorts.cfg] v1.0.3.0
      • Updated Docking Port patch to prevent finalized builds from flying away when released
      • thank you to @ItchyBrother for asking about this
      • @MODULE[ModuleDockingNode]
        • %undockEjectionForce = 0]
  • closes #165 - [BUG] build 'flies; after releasing a finalizing project

Compatibility 4.0.99.31

• rename
    • files
      • <KKAOSS_Smelter.cfg> --> <Smelter.cfg> v1.0.2.2
      • <KKAOSS_Workshop.cfg> --> <Workshop.cfg> v1.0.3.2

Status 4.0.99.31

• Issues
    • closes #158 - SimpleConstruction! (SC) 4.0.99.31-prerelease - <ItchyBrother> edition
    • closes #159 - 4.0.99.31 Verify Legal Mumbo Jumbo
    • closes #160 - 4.0.99.31 Update Documentation
    • closes #161 - 4.0.99.31 Update Social Media
    • #162 - [ImgBot] Optimize images - contributed by imgbot[bot]
  • Beta testing
    • updates #40 - Stock Recycler - no feedback yet

See More

• Changelog Summary for more details of changes: See ChangeLog

Localization

Spoiler

SimpleConstruction! (SC)

• English English
  • Chinese Chinese (简体中文)
  • your translation here

• English English
  • Chinese Chinese (简体中文)
  • your translation here

Kindly help out taniwha and help translate? See above for instructions. Github Repo

How to get support

3 hours ago, iterationAstro said:

Does the Recycling part already have a new texture? I just want it to look stockalike. Tried to do it myself, but I don't know if it has texture slicing.

@iterationAstro recycling is not currently included in SCON, it is if you add NSSC (Not So SimpleConstruction!)

EXPERIMENTAL (no feed back as of yet)

discuss here: GitHub Discussions: #145 / GitHub Issue #40 - Stock Recycler

Experimental

• NEW:

• updates Stock Recycler #40 - Stock Recycler
    • adds a seperate mesh for the recycler
Edited by zer0Kerbal

On 9/29/2022 at 11:51 PM, zer0Kerbal said:

Version 4.0.99.31-prerelease <ItchyBrother> edition

This appears to work.  No longer do my projects "fly" from the creation port.   Tired a few dockings as well, and it does appear that the separation force is gone as well, but I can live with that.   Looking forward full release that incorporates this new functionality.  Again, Thank you!  Sorry for the delay in responding, I was out of town.    Again, great work! 

1 hour ago, ItchyBrother said:

This appears to work.  No longer do my projects "fly" from the creation port.   Tired a few dockings as well, and it does appear that the separation force is gone as well, but I can live with that.   Looking forward full release that incorporates this new functionality.  Again, Thank you!  Sorry for the delay in responding, I was out of town.    Again, great work! 

appreciate the feedback and the assistance!

I apologize if there is a better place to ask this, or if the answer should be obvious, but can anyone tell me if vessels created using this system are eligible to complete contracts? Since they always say that satellites for contracts must be new I thought that might preclude vessels originating from a preexisting vessel.