SimpleConstruction! (SCON) Stock rocket building

zer0Kerbal

I am now working on a new release for SimpleConstruction! (SCON!).

• version bump to 4.0.9.9.1
  • KSP 1.12.2 compatible
  • fix launchclamps
  • other minor things.
  • will be pre-release so only on CurseForge.

more news when there is news.

Question: what stock part could be overloaded or part copied to be a 'recycler bin'? Kindly answer below or here (or both):

Track progress below:

issue here. Project here.

On 6/26/2021 at 1:58 PM, Gat said:

@zer0Kerbal 

KSP:Windows10 64bit

Problem:Simple construction is is saying its incompatible however im getting some features but no building parts

Mods Installed:Kerbal Engineer redux, KSP interstellar extended, mechjeb2, Near future electrical electrical, Near future propultion, Near future spacecraft parts, Orbital survey plus, Simple construction! (all via curseforge)

reproduction steps:

1.load up KSP with curseforge app

2.Game is loading and i see a message saying "launchpads is incompatable with my current vertion of KSP" (i updated to the latest yesterday)

3.Load into my save and see that i have a timer from Extraplanetary launchpads

4.Go in the VAB only to find that no parts from Simple construction at all 

5. sit there in sadness

@GatIt has come to my attention that when releasing to CurseForge, the archive (.zip) needs to be set up differently. The next version released on CF will be set up correctly. Essentially - 

This is the way it should look:

KSP/GameData/|
             |--> SimpleConstruction
             |--> ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads

but using CurseForge Installer does this

KSP/GameData/Gamedata\|
                      |--> SimpleConstruction
                      |--> ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads

New Version: (Remember this is still prerelease)

• should (knocking on wood) fix
  • spawning inside of docking ports - fix should work - unless the docking port has been offset/rotated
  • the clampBurgler has been caught and locked away.
  • duplicate patch removed
  • more

Please note - if downloading from CurseForge - the archive structure has changed to accommodate their app.

Instead of opening inside of your game folder, copy contents of archive directly into the KSP/GameData/ folder

https://www.curseforge.com/kerbal/ksp-mods/sc/files/all

Edited by zer0Kerbal

2 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

New Version: (Remember this is still prerelease)

• should (knocking on wood) fix
  • spawning inside of docking ports - fix should work - unless the docking port has been offset/rotated
  • launchClamps are back
  • duplicate patch removed
  • more

Please note - if downloading from CurseForge - the archive structure has changed to accommodate their app.

Instead of opening inside of your game folder, copy contents of archive directly into the KSP/GameData/ folder

Alright! I'll install it this weekend!

On 11/30/2021 at 11:15 AM, zer0Kerbal said:

probably no recycler in SimpleConstruction! since it appears to need a model with a collider (specific)

all other changes are nearly done.

Perhaps you could tweak the terminate vessel button in the tracking station so that it calculate the amount of rocket parts/metal in the vessel and transport the corresponding amound to the nearest rocket parts/metal tank?

6 hours ago, AtomicTech said:

Perhaps you could tweak the terminate vessel button in the tracking station so that it calculate the amount of rocket parts/metal in the vessel and transport the corresponding amound to the nearest rocket parts/metal tank?

might be something to suggest to @taniwha since it would involve LaunchPad.dll (Extraplanetary Launchpads). 

19 minutes ago, AtomicTech said:

If Taniwha added it, how long would it take you to include it into SimpleConstruction?

shortly after a new version was released (or prereleased or beta). It is high priority to update SCON right after a new version of EL is released.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, EvilotionCR2 said:

small issue

where did you download it from? Only place that has the most current pre-release AND the .dll is on CurseForge.

On 12/2/2021 at 4:56 AM, zer0Kerbal said:

Edited by zer0Kerbal

sorry for google translation

Mechjeb does not work correctly with construction docking ports, the docking autopilot gives the message "target is not a docking port" and tries to dock at an angle of 90 degrees to the axis of the docking port.

Simple Construction ver. 4.0.9.9.1-prelease