Why is there a dev blog?

There is a dev blog on the KSP website and I'm wondering why? It hasn't been posted on since October and we haven't gotten any updates on it? I get that they want too keep the cards close to their chest but I don't get it? They aren't sharing anything AT all. There's nothing on twitter or dev blog or anything like that.

3 hours ago, CharlieRayels said:

There is a dev blog on the KSP website and I'm wondering why?

For the same reason 99% of all blogs ever created still exist: It's easier to make something you want to post to, than it is to post to it or take it down.

11 hours ago, CharlieRayels said:

There is a dev blog on the KSP website and I'm wondering why? It hasn't been posted on since October and we haven't gotten any updates on it? I get that they want too keep the cards close to their chest but I don't get it? They aren't sharing anything AT all. There's nothing on twitter or dev blog or anything like that.

I think something disrupted they information drop plans if the colonial VAB KSP contest (without ever explaining anything about it) and the dev blog stuck at the first post means anything.

Probably they delayed the game 3-6 months and the info release events got delayed with it.