The M.I.S.S. Kerbalprise E3f

This is my first craft I am posting here and a part of my Mystery Inc. Space Solutions playthrough on PS4. We damn near MISS everytime lol

SFP28du.jpg

This is a stock craft utilizing parts from the DLCs. This craft went through a few evolutions as you can see by the designation and just like Preparation H you will wonder what happened to A through E. The last 3 versions ended up yielding a craft I was truly surprised with and hope to be able to see all of the non atmosphere bodies.

RHRoQTK.jpg

It has a full science compliment along with 3 complete sets of science equipment for atleast the first few stops. 2 large drills, 1 large ISRU and 1 set of medium heat sinks at 11% saturation, refueled it on Mun in 6 hrs. It holds 18.2k LF and 220 oxidizer to power the 8 fuel cell arrays...realize this is probably excessive but testing always had skewed results. There are also 4 rtgs to cover keeping everything topped off during flight. It weighs in at just a hair over 150t and with 8 Nervs it has a TWR of 1.97 and 7.2k DV at Mun Launchpad. It was launched under its own power from that location.

yUW2aND.jpg

Due to part count issues and fps I kept this build as light as I could at 123 parts. Fps was the demise of the E3e which did successfully make it and land on Dres. 

This is a SS of the E3e and its original mining startup at Dres before my fps plummeted for some reason using the drills which prompted the comissioning of the E3f and the same current outfitting.

PJnyxWw.jpg

I'm sure it could use improvements and obviously is why I am posting here but I am really looking for an opinion also on if this would keep capable of visiting the no atmosphere bodies in a single run. I'm not sure I can even make Moho or Eeloo. Unfortunately with PS4 the only gravity assist i can do consistently is Mun to Kerbin and exit SOI. It is currently the route this craft is taking to Dres.

So sorry this was soo long winded but I really did enjoy this build as of so far. Im just unsure I can manage to see them all with this craft and no grav assists.

Side note, those pylons were a nightmare to design and the E3e had to have external struts added to them to keep the from krakening lol I' m not sure I will try it with the F class when it is commissioned.

Thanks for reading

Shag

Going to post a mysterious pic of the MISS Kerbalprise D1b. Its lander inspired me to build the E class. I'll post the pics of that build and details of its landing at both Ike and Duna as soon as I upload pics.

jBygDwQ.jpg

Edited by ShaggyTed

So mission was a success to Dres and on this landing I did night side to test my nonstop stop mining capabilities.

I got a crap shot at 5% concentration but in Lf+O mode on the ISRU I can not only maintain full oxidizer to the fuel cells but also fill while operating. It is letting me switch between Lf only and Lf+O modes to maintain constant refuel. 9eSSqYk.jpg

OJPhddB.jpg

Scary landing in the dark lol Lights didnt show surface until about 300 meters and couldnt tell it was a slope until 100 meters....it came down safe none the less so happy with that lol

Edited by ShaggyTed

Third and last biome hop on Dres and it had best yield at 6.4%. It took just under 2 days to fill up.mjAzwp2.jpg

50k orbit and after processing the 141 ore I mined during time accel refuel, I ended up with 6868 dv returned to orbit. By far the best I have ever hauled back up. 

jsgSBr7.jpg

Now to decide if I try for Jool system flyby and maybe 1 refuel or go home and restock on science experiments, swap out crew, and head for Moho lol

Decisions decisions.......

Shag

So I chose to go to Jool, it was hard to pass up when I got this easy intercept....jU4VoJm.jpg

So Bob gives the ship another once over before departing to Jool....MPhRH2b.jpg

Knowing very little of anything about the Jool system it is decided to land on Pol for the refuel....on first orbit the crew realizes that the terrain is extremely rough and finding a spot to land will be risky...tfS77WV.jpg

With refueling underway, the crew decides its time to do a selfie on Pol....with a pole......iuW45Ps.jpgP0hhaOO.jpg

Once full on fuel and in orbit it is agreed that a slingshot around Jool will get them home....lV8u5LS.jpg

After 8 yrs and 24 days the crew safely returns to Kerbin with fuel to spare....enough to recrew and restock experiments and head back out...g9cKo2O.jpg

(Its ashame this pic turned out like this because the corona in that screenshot looked awesome on my tv lol)

So as the crew awaits its taxi home, R&D is gnawing at the teeth to get that data and build the F class.....

Edited by ShaggyTed

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.