[1.12.x] Soundtrack Editor Forked

linuxgurugamer

4 hours ago, The Dressian Exploder said:

Okay, KSP's not fully loading

stuck on this

SEF 4.7.1.4 is working fine with KSP 1.11.0.3045 for me.

I removed AVC and miniAVC, though. Maybe the mod is being blocked by one of those? (Do to not bother mod authors with errors if you decide to remove AVC.)

Also thank you, linuxgurugamer, for maintaining this. It really improves the game.

1 hour ago, The Dressian Exploder said:

Everything works so far, but the toolbar button isn't showing up. Toolbar Controller recognises it exists but it just isn't displayed.

Click on the yellow wrench, see if it's enabled.

Again, I can't do anything other than guess without a log file

Edited by linuxgurugamer

i'm in 1.11.0 and i get the same problem getting stuck in loading screen, had other mods but removed them for testing if this one would work without them, still not

log file here 

[snip]

if tl;dr, the end of it says SoundtrackEditorForked.dll is broken

where i stuck

Screenshot_101.png

Edited by Vanamonde

18 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Hey @Dimas152. Big log files like that can cause page loading problems for the forum so we've had to remove yours. Please host it at a file sharing site and use their link here instead. 

And good luck with your issue. 

oh sorry
anyway
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kjSc96FZRSu4QXnCR-1m9pFuKHcv82eU/view?usp=sharing

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Misguided Kerbal said:

However, it says in the OP that only Windows are supported, and I have a Macbook. Is there any specific reason why not?

The comment in the OP might be outdated, as the mpg123 DLL is supposedly included for both Linux/OSX, too.

1 hour ago, Misguided Kerbal said:

Will it work if I try?

You'll only know if you try.

cancel that was dep install

On 1/3/2021 at 1:59 AM, Dimas152 said:

i'm in 1.11.0 and i get the same problem getting stuck in loading screen, had other mods but removed them for testing if this one would work without them, still not

log file here 

[snip]

if tl;dr, the end of it says SoundtrackEditorForked.dll is broken

where i stuck

Screenshot_101.png

Edited by Gamerdadplays

3 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

Why does this mod need to overwrite so many game files?

Which files do you mean?

It adds a libmpg123-0.dll (a mp3 player) to the Unity Mono directories (KSP_(x64_)Data/Mono) and adds three new directories to the KSP root (Licenses, Music, Playlists). I don't see it overwriting any game files.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2021 at 5:57 PM, The Dressian Exploder said:

Everything works so far, but the toolbar button isn't showing up. Toolbar Controller recognises it exists but it just isn't displayed.

You have to reload the game for the Soundtrack Editor to show up

Thank you Linuxgurugamer for maintaining this wonderful mod.  Keep up the good work.

I forgot my question  :

- How do you enable the "playlist editor" and the "audio preview" both seen on your screenshot (1st page)?

In my game I only have the player, with the two buttons MUTE and SHOW TRACKS

Edited by Factor_X

Ok I got it. RMB on the icon. Haha

This mod is great. You can adjust everything in-game. It's simple and it does so much. You can create playlists with different moods.

The stock music even sounds better. The transitions are better. The mod just repairs the music in the game.

One small thing bothers me, is that in the AUDIO PREVIEW panel, you can see all the sound samples from the game, even samples from chatterer and other mods. It represents hundreds of files.

It's not much, but could it be possible to just have the files from the MUSIC folder in that panel?

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

If I am not told, I have no way to know. 

It now is on the 1st page.

Thank you

No problem! I was surprised it wasn't here because you commented extensively in the thread. On the other hand, you are very active on the forum, so maybe I shouldn't be too surprised you overlooked something you helped out with. ;)

I just edited my playlist to include these tracks and now, even with reverting back to SoundtrackEditors included original playlist, I have no ingame playlists. Something odd is happening. I'll dig up my logs and attach them. It's a pathing error. Somehow. Not sure how that happened!

Edited by BigFatStupidHead

• 1 month later...