[1.12.x] Soundtrack Editor Forked

linuxgurugamer

• 1 month later...

Good news! I was able to find out why the mod was conflicting with KSP 1.11 and causing it to hang on the loading screen whenever certain mods were installed. When starting up the game, module manager immediately throws an exception upon reading the Soundtrack Editor Forked mod folder. I don't know much more outside of that, but from the looks of it, it seems as though each time the game starts up, module manager misidentifies the mod as being a module manager dependent mod, and because this mod was not made with module manager in mind, it causes module manager to throw an exception. Until the OP updates the mod for KSP 1.11, I don't think this issue will be fixed, but I think if there's some way to make it so that module manager doesn't read the Soundtrack Editor Forked mod folder, that should stop module manager from trying to load the mod. I'll post the module manager exeption line here  in case that helps:

[EXC 14:20:26.693] Add to mod list threw an exception in loading SoundtrackEditorForked, Version=4.7.1.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0 
  at ModuleManager.ModListGenerator.GetAdditionalModsFromStaticMethods (ModuleManager.Logging.IBasicLogger logger) [0x00021] in <410b7909691747c78c895491c954d2a4>:0 

EDIT: Nevermind, I just forgot one of the dependencies. Sorry for the inconvenience

Edited by NXDIAZ

When it comes to picking orbiting body will it support commas to add multiple bodies in list form, does it require/ignore white spaces in that instance; or would it be quotations? What about minus signs to say every body but that one, like I want to have a playlist play in flight on every body but Kerbin, which has its own flight themes.

thanks in advance.

9 hours ago, Aryeonos said:

When it comes to picking orbiting body will it support commas to add multiple bodies in list form, does it require/ignore white spaces in that instance; or would it be quotations? What about minus signs to say every body but that one, like I want to have a playlist play in flight on every body but Kerbin, which has its own flight themes.

thanks in advance.

Look at come of the existing configs for examples

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Look at come of the existing configs for examples

None of them seem to do what I'm attempting to do, which is unfortunate, I'll keep testing but if there's any documentation you can offer that'd be appreciated. I'll see if pipes | will let me separate bodies, otherwise I'm going to have to make configs for every planet and moon.

13 hours ago, Aryeonos said:

None of them seem to do what I'm attempting to do, which is unfortunate, I'll keep testing but if there's any documentation you can offer that'd be appreciated. I'll see if pipes | will let me separate bodies, otherwise I'm going to have to make configs for every planet and moon.

I'm pretty sure you will have to make configs for each planet and moon, sorry.  I don't think the config code is that sophisticated

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to say a quick Thank You! :kiss:

This has to be at least the 4th or 5th time I've been playing the game and thought "hmm... I wonder if I can..."; and sure enough, linuxgurugamer has a mod for that. Looking forward to playing around with this fork, I'm surprised that more people haven' t tackled music/sound mods for KSP.

Anyway, thanks again Sir for all your hard work in consistently making a great game even better.

(Edit: added "Sir" after watching the KSP Effect video and realising I'm addressing the true Modfather).

Edited by BlueRaven
Oops!

• 4 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

I can't figure out how to install it, can someone help me?

• Extract the entire contents of the zip to the root KSP folder, merging the folders with the existing KSP folders.

So, unzip it into the main KSP directory.  If you are on a Mac, you will have to be careful since I believe the Mac does strange things when merging folders

@linuxgurugamer Since I know you are bored and don't have much to do (;)), is there any chance you can add a directory tree listing when displaying loaded music when editing playlists? Right now it just scoops up everything into one very big long list, including Chatterer sounds. Would be nice to drill down to a specific folder of music instead of having to find the one song you are looking for thru hundreds of entries. 

EDIT: By the way, for anyone looking for some additional music to add to their KSP experience, I highly recommend grabbing the Elite Dangerous soundtrack. 

Edited by thunder175

• 2 weeks later...

First, thanks @linuxgurugamer for working on this mod.

Second, I thought I had posted my request before, but I don't see it the thread, so...

Third, would it be possible to add one more selection to the Playlist Editor's Settings panel, namely, Vessel Type?

That way it would be possible to have a playlist of dramatic pulsing music that plays when a spacecraft is launching or re-entering, and a playlist of serene music for when aircraft are flying. Currently, the closest that one can get is to fiddle with the Vessel State (Flying - which applies to both), speed and altitude limits. But none of those are really  effective. If a playlist could be limited to 'Ship', 'Lander', 'Plane',  etc., then it would be possible to have cool music for the flights and exciting music for my launches.

Thoughts?

Edited by Antipodes

On 7/24/2021 at 9:11 PM, Antipodes said:

First, thanks @linuxgurugamer for working on this mod.

Second, I thought I had posted my request before, but I don't see it the thread, so...

Third, would it be possible to add one more selection to the Playlist Editor's Settings panel, namely, Vessel Type?

That way it would be possible to have a playlist of dramatic pulsing music that plays when a spacecraft is launching or re-entering, and a playlist of serene music for when aircraft are flying. Currently, the closest that one can get is to fiddle with the Vessel State (Flying - which applies to both), speed and altitude limits. But none of those are really  effective. If a playlist could be limited to 'Ship', 'Lander', 'Plane',  etc., then it would be possible to have cool music for the flights and exciting music for my launches.

Thoughts?

Actually not simple, probably won't happen

Dont know how I missed this... One thing I have always enjoyed when playing "Factorio" was the "Moon Tracks mod" which was a music pack made from the soundtrack from the movie "Moon (2009)"  and I always wanted to add it to KSP so I could hear those also when playing KSP.

Recently I saw KottabosGames KSP mod Preview for KSP Original Score Project and realized I can, with this program. 

• 1 month later...

New release, 4.7.1.5

• Added AssemblyFileVersion
  • Updated version file for 1.12
  • Thanks to github user @supervoltage for this:
    • A new UI element called "Vessel Type" is added to the Playlist editor, just underneath the "Vessel State". Upon expanding this new UI element, a list of various vessel types is displayed to the user, including but not limited to: Ship, Rover, Plane, Probe, Relay etc. Selecting one or more items from this list will restrict the playlist to play only when those vessel types are met. A catch-all option called "Any" is located at the bottom to quickly select all vessel types. This allows users to create, for example, atmospheric playlists that are for either aircraft or rocket use, among a myriad of other possibilities when used in combination with other playlist criteria.
    • A hook into the Vessel.onVesselRename() method allows the playlist to immediately change when the vessel type changes in-game, say if the vessel is renamed via the "Rename Vessel" function, when the vessel splits into two distinct vessel types (for example, undocking a rover), or when switching to another nearby vessel using the square bracket [] keys.
    • This new playlist criteria saves accordingly to existing playlist.cfg files, meaning users won't have to re-create their playlists either.

51 minutes ago, physius said:

How did I not know about this mod after playing nearly 1500 hours? Is it not on CKAN? Also thank you!

See the OP, where it says (though I grant it is quite a ways down on the page and thus perhaps easy to miss) "Due to the directories where files need to be installed, CKAN is unable to install this".

Yes, I agree it is a nice mod.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I've tried searching through the forum but didnt happen to find anything. so apologies if this question was answered  somewhere and I missed it.

I'm having a problem with playlists just ending and not looping even though they have the loop option selected. I was able to remedy this at one point by setting the "next playlist" as the same playlist however after a reload of the game the problem returns. Has anyone else had the problem of playlists not looping?

• 3 weeks later...

Amazing mod, Thank you! Only problem is that i cant get shuffle and loop functions to work =(

Edit. I apologize, it seems that the shuffle function IS indeed working, it's just a little bit confusing - it shuffles once per loop instead of from song to song. Loop obviously works aswell just inconsistent - so from time to time it won't loop and just stop, have not been able to see patterns in this behavior.

Thanks again for all the time and work you've put into this!

Edited by DPOHbl4
False alarm on account of me being dumb

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Khoshekh said:

Will there ever be an option to use 2 different OSTs simultaneously? For example I would like transfer windows AND original score project

You mean merging them? It's easy, copy all the music you want to the "Music" folder (Could be any music you want) and then edit the "Playlist.cfg" to add the tracks in their respective categories.

• 4 weeks later...