[1.12.x] Soundtrack Editor Forked

linuxgurugamer

Looks like the new 1.12.4 (The launcher update) broke something.
KSP.Log reads: 

[WRN 10:01:06.009] File 'Playlists/playlists.cfg' does not exist
[WRN 10:01:06.010] [STED] No config file present at Playlists/playlists.cfg. Loading stock tracks.

Player.log reads:

File 'Playlists/playlists.cfg' does not exist 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

[STED] No config file present at Playlists/playlists.cfg. Loading stock tracks. 
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

https://imgur.com/a/i8rTwKG
(New to the forums, can't figure out how to get that to insert proper) 
I'm fairly certain the playlists.cfg file does in fact exist lol. 

Can provide log on request, but it looks like that's the only thing its throwing relevant to soundtrack editor. 
In game the editor still loads, and individual stock sound files can be played, but no playlists load & no music is played. 

Edited by PieMuncher
Updated relevant log info

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/2/2022 at 10:14 PM, PieMuncher said:

Looks like the new 1.12.4 (The launcher update) broke something.
KSP.Log reads: 

[WRN 10:01:06.009] File 'Playlists/playlists.cfg' does not exist
[WRN 10:01:06.010] [STED] No config file present at Playlists/playlists.cfg. Loading stock tracks.

Player.log reads:

File 'Playlists/playlists.cfg' does not exist 

[STED] No config file present at Playlists/playlists.cfg. Loading stock tracks. 

https://imgur.com/a/i8rTwKG
(New to the forums, can't figure out how to get that to insert proper) 
I'm fairly certain the playlists.cfg file does in fact exist lol. 

Can provide log on request, but it looks like that's the only thing its throwing relevant to soundtrack editor. 
In game the editor still loads, and individual stock sound files can be played, but no playlists load & no music is played. 

Are you using the command line argument workaround to disable the new Private Division launcher? I re-enabled the latter and suddenly SoundTrackEditor Forked would play music again on the latest KSP version.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

Hm.. I found an odd bug..
With the melomania  mod, and the camera tools mod, when in orbit and doing a flyby, the sounds seem to come from the craft itself so it fades after passing the craft..
Should i post this question on the camera tools mod post?

Yes

FYI the Spacedock link displays the following message:

"You don't have the permission to access the requested resource. It is either read-protected or not readable by the server."

Don't you love it when people bring you problems?  :)  Happy New Year!

5 hours ago, wreckreation said:

FYI the Spacedock link displays the following message:

"You don't have the permission to access the requested resource. It is either read-protected or not readable by the server."

Don't you love it when people bring you problems?  :)  Happy New Year!

That's a problem on Spacedock. 

Pinging @HebaruSan

I've hit a problem. Most of the time, the mod works, but occasionally the game will only play one song, and then not play any more music. This issue continues until the game is restarted. Additionally, some of the VAB songs sometimes continue to launch. The latter isn't really annoying and might even be intended, but the former is incredibly annoying. I'm using Astronomer's Music Pack, which was linked on the AVP GitHub page, if that helps.

Edited by BobbyGamez

3 hours ago, BobbyGamez said:

I've hit a problem. Most of the time, the mod works, but occasionally the game will only play one song, and then not play any more music. This issue continues until the game is restarted. Additionally, some of the VAB songs sometimes continue to launch. The latter isn't really annoying and might even be intended, but the former is incredibly annoying. I'm using Astronomer's Music Pack, which was linked on the AVP GitHub page, if that helps.

No promises, but will need the Player.log before I can begin to do anything

On 1/10/2023 at 3:52 PM, BobbyGamez said:

Most of the time, the mod works, but occasionally the game will only play one song, and then not play any more music. This issue continues until the game is restarted

@linuxgurugamerI've been ignoring this but yes sometimes it only plays one song and stops. I believe I've seen it happen in every scene (flight, editor, KSC) However, all I need to do is press the play arrow or, oddly, the stop box button and it will then continue to play continuously in that scene. Unfortunately I haven't noticed a definite pattern for when it does/ does not play continuously.  And my install has about 70 mods now.  So not the best place to start troubleshooting. I'm using version 4.7.1.5 and KSP 1.12.3. 

@BobbyGamez when it stops playing, have you tried opening the UI and clicking the play arrow? I haven't noticed the editor music continuing in flight (launch).

On 1/13/2023 at 9:06 AM, BobbyGamez said:

I don't know what you're talking about. Can you explain what this UI is?

You click the speaker icon for the mod, usually on the right in flight or bottom in the editor (VAB or SPH) or KSC overview. Then it opens the User Interface. The "player" window was what I was talking about. Actually the "quote mark" button for pause toggles to an arrow to play. From the OP:5IOigxu.png

21 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

You click the speaker icon for the mod, usually on the right in flight or bottom in the editor (VAB or SPH) or KSC overview. Then it opens the User Interface. The "player" window was what I was talking about. Actually the "quote mark" button for pause toggles to an arrow to play. From the OP:5IOigxu.png

Concerningly, the icon in question does not appear to be present.