[1.12.x] Soundtrack Editor Forked

linuxgurugamer

On 1/15/2023 at 8:24 PM, BobbyGamez said:

Concerningly, the icon in question does not appear to be present.

3 minutes ago, adsffm said:

Is the stock toolbar for soundtrack editor present for anyone else in the latest version?

I'm having the same issue (Particularly the toolbar part) as @BobbyGamez

You probably don't have the dependencies installed:

• ClickThroughBlocker
  • Toolbarcontroller
  • SpacetuxLibraries

Without a log file from either of you, I can't help.

I really like this mod, and am very happy that it has been revived.

It's a shame there's no way to play two playlists simultaneously, like having a VAB ambience and VAB music playlists playing together. Or having space music and space ambience playing together. I wonder if it's possible to implement it, as currently vab/hangar ambience is simply gone :/

11 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

v4.7.1.5 on KSP 1.12.3 shows the speaker icon for me. 

right... the fan sound is gone. I didn't notice... but now I can't not notice :/

One solution I've found is to use "Clementine" music player. It has many features like making your own custom playlists, and controlling everything via hotkeys.
I made a playlist with 2 tracks in it, one is a warehouse ambience (Industrial Warehouse Ambience: Sleep Study Focus, Or you can use ksp vab/hangar ambience) and one is a space ambience track (Symphonies of the Planets 3). I just toggle between them and/or mute depending on which scene I am in. 
The rest of the music is handled by SoundtrackEditor.

Nice little solutions, not intrusive, unlike having to use YouTube and minimizing the game all the time lol. (please send help I spent the last 17 hours downloading music and bloating my playlists instead of playing the game...)

Edited by adsffm

• 4 weeks later...

I had the issue where in map view the music is inaudible, it still plays but I couldn't hear it in map view.

There seems to be an incompatibility with Audio Muffler Redux. That mod is not maintained anymore, sadly.

Anyway, thanks for the great mod!

edit:

Okay, I went in audio muffler's config file and changed helmetInMapView, vesselInMapView and outsideInMapView to true

and that solved it apparently.

Edited by incal1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @linuxgurugamer If you have time to revisit the playing one track and stopping issue... pushing the play button is a workaround but it's gotten annoying because it's happening almost every scene change in my present install. I found this in the player log:

Uploading Crash Report
ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
  at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) [0x00029] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () [0x00000] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at MusicLogic+<PlayFlight>d__58.MoveNext () [0x00232] in <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00026] in <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Player log

KSP log

Unrelated - I changed the main menu track to the RnD theme... so much nicer to start calmly without the fanfare when the game is done loading.

50 minutes ago, Krazy1 said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer If you have time to revisit the playing one track and stopping issue... pushing the play button is a workaround but it's gotten annoying because it's happening almost every scene change in my present install. I found this in the player log:

What music are you using?

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

What music are you using?

Only what came with this mod, installed with CKAN. I didn't add anything. I removed a few tracks from the flight playlist but didn't add any. It even stops playing the single track in the VAB. The crickets track stopped at the KSC overview at night. The RnD music stopped too. It happens often but not every time. It only potentially stops after the first track plays, not later tracks.

Edited by Krazy1
it's not on CKAN

1 minute ago, Krazy1 said:

Nope... from OPPlease be aware that as of now, only Windows installs are supported

Ah, I read that in the first post, but below it there was an update saying that it added in a ksp_data folder for MacOS and Linux, so I thought support was added at some point. Alright, thanks!

7 minutes ago, LordCelestia said:

Ah, I read that in the first post, but below it there was an update saying that it added in a ksp_data folder for MacOS and Linux, so I thought support was added at some point. Alright, thanks!

Oh... sorry I didn't see the rest of it. I'm not sure. Better ask @linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/30/2023 at 10:35 PM, Miza said:

Wonder if its possible to setup this mod with KSP2's dynamic music? 

Not possible as far as I know. Maybe it's possible to add some kind of crossfade? But as it is the music jumps from one playlist to the next depending on scenario.

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth, I think I have found what is causing the music to stop after one song:

When pausing the game, the event OnPause() is triggered, setting SoundtrackEditor.CurrentSituation.paused to True. If the pause screen is then used to change scene to the Space Center or Tracking Station, the game is unpaused but the event OnGameUnpaused() is not triggered, meaning that SoundtrackEditor.CurrentSituation.paused is not set to False. The scene load in itself causes a new playlist to be selected and started, but since SoundtrackEditor.CurrentSituation.paused is still true, the playlist will not be progressed to the next song once the first song is finished.

@linuxgurugamer I am testing a fix for this and will create a pull request for it if my fix seems to work correctly.

Edit: Small correction, is was the variable SoundtrackEditor.PlaybackPaused not being set to false when switching scene from the pause menu that prevented the playlist to progress to the next song. But good news, the fix (calling OnGameUnpause on scene switch) seems to work regardless. :)

Edit 2: It seems some scenes, like Astronaut Complex and R&D, also calls onGamePause() when they are switched to (probably because the game is paused in the background), meaning that the music will still be paused after playing one song in these scenes. I don't think that's intended? I will try to fix that one as well.

Edited by lingfors
Small correction

32 minutes ago, Alexsys said:

Most definitely these stops occur here and there,

I HOPE YOU GOT IT LOCKED ON @lingfors :)

seems promising,

at last the loop bug is to be fixed!

Thanks. I have the changes done and committed to my fork of SoundtrackEditorForked. Just need to push it to GitHub and create a pull request.

Sadly, it seems GitHub has made their service so secure that I can't even figure out how to allow myself to push my changes to my own fork. :(

Also noticed that Admin Facility wasn't properly supported by this mod, so fixed it here: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/SoundtrackEditorForked/pull/4

Let me know if you've found any other bugs, maybe I can have a look at them as well. So far I know about a few very minor issues, nothing big enough for me to fix them just for myself (stop button behavior is weird, it should behave almost identical to the pause button except song starts from the beginning when play button is pressed (IMHO), and pressing play and then pause when the game is paused should not allow the music to play again when the game is unpaused (IMHO)).

Edited by lingfors

Sorry if I'm just mistaking how this works. The zip for the new file does not have the Plugins folder in the SoundtrackEditorForked folder, just PluginData. Should I delete everything from the older version of the mod to update, including the dll in the Plugin folder?

@linuxgurugamer It's missing the DLL...

Folder missing: GameData\SoundtrackEditorForked\Plugins

Got it from Github

1 hour ago, Krakatoa said:

Sorry if I'm just mistaking how this works.

I assume it was just an oops when it was uploaded. Standby

Edited by Krazy1