[1.12.x] Soundtrack Editor Forked

linuxgurugamer

This mod is great, thank you! Im having one small problem though: the music during flight stops as soon as I enter map camera (planet/solar system view). I cheked the playlist details and the camera mode has all boxes ticked, so the music should still play during map view.

On 12/26/2021 at 6:13 PM, Tovarishch said:

This mod is great, thank you! Im having one small problem though: the music during flight stops as soon as I enter map camera (planet/solar system view). I cheked the playlist details and the camera mode has all boxes ticked, so the music should still play during map view.

I'd need to see all your configs, and a log file

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, EndAllFilms said:

How do you change your main menu music to custom music in KSP?

Drop custom tracks into "Music" folder and add the filenames in the "playlists.cfg"  under "Menu Ambience" and "Menu Theme"

• 3 weeks later...

The install wasn't very smooth but it's working now... very nice.

1. the readme file does not mention the dependencies
  2. With my modded install the speaker icon did not appear (I already had the dependencies).  With a clean 1.12.3 install and dependencies, there was still no speaker icon at KSC or on launchpad. I closed and re-launched KSP and then it appeared. Same for my modded install.

Update: I noticed the play list changes do not take effect until after changing scenes. I removed a stock track from the list in the editor and it still played it. I exited VAB and reentered, then it was OK. 

Edited by Krazy1
update

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Horizons Aerospace said:

Is there a way to have a track (or playlist) play at a very low chance compared to others?

Mmm I guess, inversely, repeat the same song several times compare to others in the playlist.cfg. I dont know an easier way to do what you want

• 1 month later...

@llinuxgurugamer  Thanks, as always, for all of the mods you support.  I downloaded this and ran into a stuttering problem, so did some research.

1)  I noticed in the playlist config file all of the tracks appear to have preloadTime duplicated.  Not sure it matters, but thought I'd mention it.

"{
    name = Construction
    loop = True
    shuffle = True
    preloadTime = 5
    pauseOnGamePause = True
    disableAfterPlay = False
    playNext = 
    playBefore = 
    playAfter = 
    preloadTime = 5
    tracks"

2) The problem I'm having is that my computer's hamsters tend to cause the music to stutter during scene changes, especially when it's paging (like when KSP has a ~20 GB commit charge.)  It seems like the stock game avoids this by stopping music during scene changes, and not starting tracks like the main menu until after it's fully loaded.  Is there a way to have this mod do that?

On 5/26/2022 at 1:21 PM, MgnfcntBstrd said:

1)  I noticed in the playlist config file all of the tracks appear to have preloadTime duplicated.  Not sure it matters, but thought I'd mention it.

Not a problem, as long as they are the same

On 5/26/2022 at 1:21 PM, MgnfcntBstrd said:

The problem I'm having is that my computer's hamsters tend to cause the music to stutter during scene changes, especially when it's paging (like when KSP has a ~20 GB commit charge.)  It seems like the stock game avoids this by stopping music during scene changes, and not starting tracks like the main menu until after it's fully loaded.  Is there a way to have this mod do that?

Not at the present time, 20 gig loaded means you are running a heavily modded game, and at that point, all bets are off

• 2 months later...

I received the following error preceding a game crash (repeating about 100 times):

[ERR 12:20:42.159] Error: Cannot create FMOD::Sound instance for clip "1-Home" (FMOD error: Couldn't perform seek operation.  This is a limitation of the medium (ie netstreams) or the file format. )

I wasn't streaming or anything. It's strange, because my track is an .ogg file like the rest of them and plays just fine out of game. I have a pretty heavily edited playlists.cfg to work with KSRSS that incorporates music from a couple music mods as well as some Michael Ghelfi stuff I own. Is there a point where I've just added too many tracks? (I have about 52  different tracks total)

8 minutes ago, MagicCuboid said:

I received the following error preceding a game crash (repeating about 100 times):

[ERR 12:20:42.159] Error: Cannot create FMOD::Sound instance for clip "1-Home" (FMOD error: Couldn't perform seek operation.  This is a limitation of the medium (ie netstreams) or the file format. )

I wasn't streaming or anything. It's strange, because my track is an .ogg file like the rest of them and plays just fine out of game. I have a pretty heavily edited playlists.cfg to work with KSRSS that incorporates music from a couple music mods as well as some Michael Ghelfi stuff I own. Is there a point where I've just added too many tracks? (I have about 52  different tracks total)

I haven't the foggiest idea, It might be a bad track

• 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, EndAllFilms said:

Where can I find that? Sorry for late response

No problem. The folders are in the KSP root directory (Not Game Data), where the .exe is

14 hours ago, Coldrifting said:

@linuxgurugamer

Since the only part of this mod that can't be installed to the GameData folder is the Windows-only DLL for mp3 support, have you thought about releasing a version with refactored paths to support CKAN?

You could even keep the DLL bundled in the install ZIP file and CKAN could just ignore it.

Nope.  From what  I know, it won't work without that dll, so it would be a useless exercise

On 9/28/2022 at 7:02 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Nope.  From what  I know, it won't work without that dll, so it would be a useless exercise

I managed to get a version working just fine with OGG and WAV files on my machine without the extra DLL. Is MP3 support really that important? I realize users don't always read instructions, but I think it's a valid option.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/4/2022 at 5:23 PM, Coldrifting said:

I managed to get a version working just fine with OGG and WAV files on my machine without the extra DLL. Is MP3 support really that important? I realize users don't always read instructions, but I think it's a valid option.

Linux, Windows, Mac?

Not sure if this stock bug has been addressed in this, but if not it may effect this addon.  Without this addon installed and with the music volume set to 0 when switching from a vessel in orbit to the space center via the menu I could here for a split second the stock orbit music.  Not a big deal, just something I thought worth mentioning as when I have had this installed I do get the split second garbled music when switching scenes.

On 10/25/2022 at 7:17 AM, Xt007 said:

Not sure if this stock bug has been addressed in this, but if not it may effect this addon.  Without this addon installed and with the music volume set to 0 when switching from a vessel in orbit to the space center via the menu I could here for a split second the stock orbit music.  Not a big deal, just something I thought worth mentioning as when I have had this installed I do get the split second garbled music when switching scenes.

I don't think that can be fixed,  this mod is mostly on life support :D  My guess is that the stock music starts playing before this DLL gets started

I realize this mod is on life support, but in case any development ever does continue, I'd love to see an option to wait for the current song to finish before switching playlists. Also, and I know this would be a lot of work to implement, but more specific situations, namely ascent and re-entry. Currently the only situation that applies is "Flight" but that will apply to ascent, re-entry, and regular atmospheric flight. Perhaps by tracking average vertical speed and previous situation it can be done? e.g. if you're in Flight, in atmosphere, after having previously been in space, it's re-entry? I've got some awesome music I'd love to hear during re-entry!

Oh, and the "pause on game pause" option doesn't seem to work, it always pauses the music regardless of the setting.

Edited by tony311