[1.12.x] Soundtrack Editor Forked

linuxgurugamer

I went through the Kevin MacLeod site and found a few that I think work in KSP and/or match the stock or additional music:
- Dark Times
- Floating Cities
- Frozen Star
- Ignosi
- Lost Frontier
- Soaring
- Starry
- Thunderbird
- At Launch, for the VAB/SPH
- Impending Boom, for no other reason than the title :D

• 4 weeks later...

1.9.1 says that this mod's dll file is not compatible with it. fix?

Here's the end of the log:

[LOG 00:23:23.169] [ModuleManager] Intercepted a ReflectionTypeLoadException. List of broken DLLs:
SoundtrackEditorForked 4.7.1.3 GameData\SoundtrackEditorForked\Plugins\SoundtrackEditorForked.dll

Edited by Borv413

1 hour ago, Borv413 said:

1.9.1 говорит, что файл dll этого мода не совместим с ним. исправить?

Вот конец журнала:

[LOG 00: 23: 23.169] [ModuleManager] Перехватил исключение ReflectionTypeLoadException. Список сломанных DLL:
SoundtrackEditorForked 4.7.1.3 GameData \ SoundtrackEditorForked \ Plugins \ SoundtrackEditorForked.dll

Check the installation of dependencies. The mod works great with 1.9.1

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded the mod, but when i tried putting the folders into the ksp gamedata folder (along with the dependancies), all of the stock soundtracks didnt play, and when i went to the soundtrack editor, it said that there were no soundtracks, the problem continued until i uninstalled the mod... did i download it incorrectly?

Edit: Ok, the player lets me preview the soundtrack, everything is good now

Edited by JcoolTheShipbuilder
Found out why the mod glitched

On 5/13/2020 at 10:04 AM, SlimePirate1 said:

i can't get this mod to work properly

it may be because i installed it wrong but any help would be apreciated

The gamedata folder for the mod goes into the gamedata for KSP, but the other folders go into the main ksp folder.
WS8UmNo.png

you put the mod gamedata into the ksp gamedata, the playlists and music folders in the mod? you merge them with the music and playlists folder on the ksp folder, i have the music folder highlighted here, and playlists is the second row below it.

On 5/13/2020 at 11:04 AM, SlimePirate1 said:

i can't get this mod to work properly

it may be because i installed it wrong but any help would be apreciated

My apologies, I didn't have installation instructions in the OP.  Now there, and here as well:

Installation

• Extract the entire contents of the zip to the root KSP folder, merging the folders with the existing KSP folders.

Ok, it worked,, and i saved some soundtracks, but when i launched the game again, the soundtracks didnt actually save?

MnnECt1.png

i feel like its actually taking the playlists from here (i have music melomania), or did i incorrectly rename them?

Edited by JcoolTheShipbuilder

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't see it before but download creates a Playlist folder which includes a playlist.cfg and another folder Playlist which also has its own cfg file when extracted.

I want to add some my own music or merge some music from other players shared files which cfg file i need to edit? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/2/2020 at 10:35 PM, Borv413 said:

1.9.1 says that this mod's dll file is not compatible with it. fix?

Here's the end of the log:

[LOG 00:23:23.169] [ModuleManager] Intercepted a ReflectionTypeLoadException. List of broken DLLs:
SoundtrackEditorForked 4.7.1.3 GameData\SoundtrackEditorForked\Plugins\SoundtrackEditorForked.dll

Im having the exact same issue and have checked that I have all the dependencies. Is it maybe not working correctly with modulemanager?

18 hours ago, Bretbert said:

Im having the exact same issue and have checked that I have all the dependencies. Is it maybe not working correctly with modulemanager?

That's useless.  You need to provide the entire log file.

I know it works, I use it in my 1.9.1 game when I stream every week

Greetings! With Twitch apparently vetoing all unlicensed music I've been diving back into Soundtrack Editor and found that you forked it :) I noticed something odd with the filepaths- it seems as though SoundtrackEditorForked includes two copies of all of the default sounds and playlist configs. There's a duplicate copy of the Music folder inside of the Music folder:

UYRKOkS.pngCPE3j5i.png

Hey! I am running into a rather strange bug in which my playlists do not change when a higher priority playlist becomes playable.

For an example I have a 'space' playlist that plays at all situations when there is no atmosphere, and I have a 'Mun' playlist that plays at all situations when in orbit of the mun. The Mun playlist is set to "Sort this playlist Before: Space" so that it should start playing as soon as it becomes playable, but it does not and instead the Space playlist keeps playing. If the Space playlist starts at all, it takes priority over the Mun playlist even though it is set to sort after it. The only way to make the Mun playlist run is by loading straight to the Mun from the Tracking Station. Likewise this happens with all bodies. If the Space playlist starts, the planet specific playlists do not start when you enter orbit of them.

Image of playlists showing that both Mun and Space playlists are playable at this situation:

HClyJri.png

Image of Mun playlist details showing that the playlist is set to play before Space, yet Space playlist is playing instead:

56QdnWB.png

The end goal of this is to have music that runs at all times in space, and then have the playlist play a unique song when you enter orbit of a body. However it seems as though Soundtrack Editor is ignoring the 'Sort this Playlist Before/After' functionality :/

Edited by Avera9eJoe

I'm having trouble with using the SoundtrackEditor. I've loaded it up properly with its core dependencies, as well as Kopernicus and a test planet. I plan to turn the test planet into a full-fledged planet pack with its own soundtrack, but when I load up KSP, SoundtrackEditor is not accessible in any of the toolbars, or in the settings.

I used CKAN for the dependencies, and manual installation for this mod and Kopernicus.

I can provide KSP.log or ModuleManager.log if needed, depending on which you prefer.

Any likely causes or solutions?

EDIT: Odd, i think it works now. Sorry to bother you.

Edited by LittleBitMore

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2020 at 4:43 AM, Avera9eJoe said:

Greetings! With Twitch apparently vetoing all unlicensed music I've been diving back into Soundtrack Editor and found that you forked it :) I noticed something odd with the filepaths- it seems as though SoundtrackEditorForked includes two copies of all of the default sounds and playlist configs. There's a duplicate copy of the Music folder inside of the Music folder:

UYRKOkS.pngCPE3j5i.png

Yep @Avera9eJoe that what i was trying to explain above. I guess same thing also for Playlist folder (Playlist.cfg).

Edited by HoneyBadger