[1.12.x] Soundtrack Editor Forked

linuxgurugamer

12 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Then you should have said so.

Did you have the dependencies installed?  A log file would be helpful

So lemme relaunch ksp to see if it works (maybe I have conflicting mods) but after that I will give the log if it does not work

And yes I did have the deps installed (ClickThrough ToolBar and SpaceTux)

Edited by Geoplex_Official

Today I learned it's virtually impossible to uninstall this mod, due to how much stuff it replaces and changes. Unless I missed something so stupidly obvious, I had to delete the entire KSP directory and have Steam reinstall all the files. It boots up properly and I am now in the process of putting my save files and flags back in.

also, if I did this just because I missed the stupidly obvious technique, please tell me and the rest of us this stupidly obvious technique so we may safely and easily uninstall in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Where has this mod been all my life?

Really I had one simple need: To delete that infuriating jazzy riff from the Construction scenes!

Thanks to this mod I isolated and removed the offending track - KSP_Construction02. Beforehand I was having to turn music on and off because I love ambient tracks in space.

Major appreciation for updating it!

PS: I've been wanting to try my hand at modding KSP myself, would you be able to direct me to an up-to-date guide on getting started?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there, I kinda accidentally installed this mod directly from the github (AVP link), so had a bit little idea what I was getting into. At first thought it was causing for severe stutters while switching scenes, found this thread and saw the linux incompatibility. So it turns it was indeed the mpeg library, seems to working quite fine now. Anyway, I'm still trying to figure out how to use it properly, what I wanted to do is like have music continue between scenes until its end, and then get another track from the appropriate requirements, I kind got persistency working between the KSC screens, but still it will change on occasion to the default ones(still enabled), and it also seems that a playlist will play until finished if not changing scene. Anyway, I just wanted to know if what I want is possible to achieve someway, maybe one-track playlists with different requirements?

Either way I like to suggest a couple of things:

1. it seems the folders are duplicated (nested) under their own on the archive, with the exception of the Gamedata folder
  2. I think you could add the main plugin to CKAN, but leave a warning to download the optional collection/playlist/mp3pluging

Also, many thanks for taking care of this mod as you do with several others, doing Kerbgod's work.

On 6/21/2020 at 4:08 AM, Avera9eJoe said:

The end goal of this is to have music that runs at all times in space, and then have the playlist play a unique song when you enter orbit of a body. However it seems as though Soundtrack Editor is ignoring the 'Sort this Playlist Before/After' functionality :/

Ah yes, this would very cool if it worked indeed, my thought was playing the interstellar docking song when you meet with another vessel, though I'm unsure if it can detect that situation. Anyway, at least I now know what that function is for, can anyone confirm on it working or not?

On 7/12/2020 at 4:29 PM, LittleBitMore said:

also, if I did this just because I missed the stupidly obvious technique, please tell me and the rest of us this stupidly obvious technique so we may safely and easily uninstall in the future.

Can't possibly imagine how it would be impossible to remove the mod, at worst just see whats in the the packed file and remove whatever is there, basically the mod doesn't replace anything, there are just four locations: the mod folder in Gamedata, the mpeg dll in KSPdata/Mono, the Music and Playlist folders on the root game folder.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm experiencing a few niggling issues with the player:

• On some screens, the player plays the first track of a playlist, then stops. This happens all the time on the research and mission control menus, but occasionally elsewhere also. The player's play button will be marked as "play" as opposed to "pause", which suggests the player is in fact stopped, except it's playing the first track anyway.
  • Sometimes after a track ends, the player will play that same track again even if there are other tracks after it in the playlist. This happens randomly, but only ever seems to occur with stock tracks.
  • The "stop" button acts like the "next" button.

Small stuff, really. Other than this it works perfectly fine.

Edited by BTAxis

59 minutes ago, sipdeidf said:

When I use this mod, the KSP load bar is stuck at the end and prompts

“mod dll that are not compatible with this version of KSP”

I am using KSP version 1.01, but mod is only 1.8x. Is it time to update this mod,thanks

I'm assuming you meant 1.10?   If not, then you need to update your KSP version first.  And the mod is listed as 1.7-1.9, and others in this thread have apparently confirmed it does work for 1.10. 

LGG maintains 150 some mods, and he gets to them all eventually. 

1 hour ago, Gargamel said:

我假设您的意思是1.10?如果不是,那么您需要首先更新您的KSP版本。该mod列为1.7-1.9,此线程中的其他人显然已确认它确实适用于1.10。 

LGG维护了150个mod,最终他全部获得了。 

In other words, this mod supports 1.10?

But my 1.10 KSP failed to load successfully, and there are some words above the loading bar.

ModuleManager: 424 patches applied
Mod(s) DLL that are not compatible with this version of KSP
SoundtrackEditorForked 4.7.1.3 GameData\SoundtrackEditorForked\Plugins\SoundtrackEditorForked.dll

15 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

我无法确认这一点,但是阅读该线程似乎暗示了这一点。 

I'm finishing up a new extension for this mod, i wanted to know : Is replacing the playlists.cfg file in the Playlists folder good practice or not ? How would you go about sharing a playlist configuration if you don't do it this way ?

Thank you very much for your time.

11 hours ago, Gargamel said:

I cannot confirm that, but reading the thread seems to imply it to me. 

Yes, it does, I am using it in 1.10.1

10 hours ago, sipdeidf said:

But my 1.10 KSP failed to load successfully, and there are some words above the loading bar.

ModuleManager: 424 patches applied
Mod(s) DLL that are not compatible with this version of KSP
SoundtrackEditorForked 4.7.1.3 GameData\SoundtrackEditorForked\Plugins\SoundtrackEditorForked.dll

Please post a log file, either you installed it incorrectly, or there is something else wrong

On 7/12/2020 at 3:29 PM, LittleBitMore said:

Today I learned it's virtually impossible to uninstall this mod, due to how much stuff it replaces and changes. Unless I missed something so stupidly obvious, I had to delete the entire KSP directory and have Steam reinstall all the files. It boots up properly and I am now in the process of putting my save files and flags back in.

It doesn't replace or change anything.  It adds some files.

The simplest way to remove it is just remove the directory in the GameData, and ignore the other files, they are harmless.

However , I do understand your concern, and will update the mod with an uninstall script in a day or so.

• 2 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer Bumping this one, as it makes things kinda confusing to install:

On 8/6/2020 at 1:03 AM, Gfurst said:

it seems the folders are duplicated (nested) under their own on the archive, with the exception of the Gamedata folder

The 1.8.x archive sure looks like it has duplicated directory structure to me:
Screenshot-20200903-230200.png
The 1.7.x archive doesn't include those duplicates, and it's ~1/2 the size... Presumably this is a packaging error?

48 minutes ago, steve_v said:

@linuxgurugamer Bumping this one, as it makes things kinda confusing to install:

The 1.8.x archive sure looks like it has duplicated directory structure to me:
Screenshot-20200903-230200.png
The 1.7.x archive doesn't include those duplicates, and it's ~1/2 the size... Presumably this is a packaging error?

That is actually correct.  This is an oddball mod, in that it does drop files all over the place.  You unpack it in the main KSP directory.  You didny open up the GameData, otherwise you would see the normal directory for the mod

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

This is an oddball mod, in that it does drop files all over the place.

Oh, I get that.
It's the nested /KSP_x64_Data/KSP_x64_Data, /KSP_Data/KSP_Data,  /Music/Music and /Playlists/Playlists, along with 4 copies of the mpeg decoder library and 2 copies of the playlist and every audio file that I'm wondering about.
The files are identical, and the 1.7.x release archive contains exactly half as many copies of everything... Surely that much duplication isn't necessary?