[1.12.x] Soundtrack Editor Forked

linuxgurugamer

Whenever I try to EVA on the mun, the console spams these error messages "Getting ID3 info" and "creating audio clip". This causes my frames to drop down until my game freezes and crashes. Anyway to fix this? I really love this mod and would be terrible if I won't be able to use it, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Purely anecdotal, but I also installed this yesterday, and had no toolbar button. I've started KSP again today, and the button is there. No idea why, I haven't changed anything, or installed anything new.

So my totally unscientific advice would be to exit KSP, restart your PC, and try again.

1 hour ago, CorporalRutland said:

I've just installed this, replacing the old mod and now I can't find a button to open Soundtrack Editor. Anyone able to tell me what I screwed up?

57 minutes ago, WelshSteW said:

Purely anecdotal, but I also installed this yesterday, and had no toolbar button. I've started KSP again today, and the button is there. No idea why, I haven't changed anything, or installed anything new.

So my totally unscientific advice would be to exit KSP, restart your PC, and try again.

Make sure the dependencies are installed.  Also, a log file is necessary for any diagnosis

It was the dependencies, thanks for this!

Next questions:

1) Finally got my 'per body' playlists working. So that each planet has a 'theme' song, I've set it as the first track in the playlist and then just followed in alphabetical order after that for tidiness.

Probably not, but is there any way to THEN shuffle the playlist after the first play? It's already getting a bit tiresome hearing the same track every time I re-enter Kerbin orbit.

2) I understand that the mod can't avoid playing a track during Loading screens because of the way the game handles situations. The problem is, it's pulling my Dres playlist and then just carrying on merrily with it regardless. Any way to stop this?

3) Not sure if this is a latest update thing but the situation reader thinks it's in the VAB when it's in the SPH, making my SPH playlist null and void. It wasn't like this before.

And now something I can offer: the playlists I've made are made up exclusively of Kevin Macleod songs (i.e. the composer of the songs used in the base game). It runs to about 380 tracks and each body, KSC night/day state and KSC building has a unique playlist (bar Mission Control and the Administration Building which I've yet to find anything right for) and  - where I've been able to manage it - feel. If anyone would like me to upload it or even better is as much of a geek for Macleod's music as I am and wants to help make it even better, let me know.

Edited by CorporalRutland

On 10/26/2020 at 11:34 PM, Not a Spy said:

so i recently downloaded this mod, and i am wondering how i use my music, ive seyup a playlist config and i have the music i want, but how do i set it up?

Put all the music in a folder named Music within your KSP directory. You may wish to organise it into subfolders for tidiness but I do believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that the mod works fine without them.

If you've already set up playlists that should be it...

On 10/25/2020 at 2:59 AM, CorporalRutland said:

It was the dependencies, thanks for this!

Next questions:

1) Finally got my 'per body' playlists working. So that each planet has a 'theme' song, I've set it as the first track in the playlist and then just followed in alphabetical order after that for tidiness.

Probably not, but is there any way to THEN shuffle the playlist after the first play? It's already getting a bit tiresome hearing the same track every time I re-enter Kerbin orbit.

2) I understand that the mod can't avoid playing a track during Loading screens because of the way the game handles situations. The problem is, it's pulling my Dres playlist and then just carrying on merrily with it regardless. Any way to stop this?

3) Not sure if this is a latest update thing but the situation reader thinks it's in the VAB when it's in the SPH, making my SPH playlist null and void. It wasn't like this before.

And now something I can offer: the playlists I've made are made up exclusively of Kevin Macleod songs (i.e. the composer of the songs used in the base game). It runs to about 380 tracks and each body, KSC night/day state and KSC building has a unique playlist (bar Mission Control and the Administration Building which I've yet to find anything right for) and  - where I've been able to manage it - feel. If anyone would like me to upload it or even better is as much of a geek for Macleod's music as I am and wants to help make it even better, let me know.

I'll look into this.

I'd  like the playlist, please

No app button.  All dependencies installed.  I'll give it a few days.  This would not be the first mod whose button was shy about showing in the menus/toolbars.  It seems to be more a toolbar/menu/ksp thing than a mod thing

...[a few minutes later] restarted for another mod and now button is showing.  All is good

Edited by darthgently

• 2 weeks later...

I've installed this mod, and the dependencies as well as restarted my computer and i am still not able to see the icon to use the mod. Not sure what to do here, please help!

NOTE: Nevermind, lol I just found out that something didn't install correctly so no worries, It works great!

Edited by MadMooseness

@linuxgurugamer , while looking through the playlists.cfg file and associated documentation on Github, I noticed a couple of things that appear to be missing: the admin building lacks a playlist, and "Sneaky Adventure" from the stock soundtrack isn't included in the Construction playlist. I should be able to submit a PR for these if you want. 

I'm off now to test my own playlists of MacLeod tracks; I'll share these on GitHub if it turns out well...

Edit: actually, it looks like the admin building plays its own music on top of any Soundtrack Editor playlist.

Edited by PocketBrotector

• 4 weeks later...