Wobble with mining stuff on Eve

Hello

£every time I use a mining rover with a Converter on Eve, the rover begins to wobble continuously....and any warp make it explode and wobble the vessels around...

Any rover without converter don't wobble

I use world stabilizer mod updated, so What is this hell!!

I see two potential issues:

One is that on one side (visible at e.g. timestamp 0:10) there is a barometer that's clipping into one of the wheels. I don't think that is a problem on it's own, but are there other parts that are clipping into each other?

The other is the (unfortunately quite usual) suspension wobble. The "Spring/Damper" settings could be too stiff or too soft. My suggestion is to fiddle around with the settings a bit, make the spring strength and damper strength higher or lower (on all wheels!) and see if you find a setting that works. Right now my guess is that the spring strength or the damper strength is too high.

Thanks for these answers

i did not change the initial settings of damper and springs, it’s the default game settings

i’ll try them both and look at that barometer stuck on one wheel! I don’t even understand how it get there!

Edited by gilflo

That's the wheel spring strength setting. If you right-click a wheel and change the spring / damper setting from Auto to Manual, you will likely see it is at over 2 x normal. Change the wheels to 1 x manual spring damper, and this should settle down.

This has been going on since KSP 1.6.

Possibly not connected, but...

I was playing with wheels on a simple rover on Kerbin the other day, and tweaked the spring settings (not sure damper was affecting this much): I noticed that with the default, it was fine; with it increased a lot, it was really jumping around; with it decreased a lot, it was also jumping around.

My assumption at the time (partly arrived at by zooming in and watching the spring travel) was that if the suspension travel wasn't bottoming or topping out, there was no problem, but if it was sitting at either the top or bottom stops, trouble... (This kinda made sense to me, so I didn't question it much further :D)

Edit: forgot to add, this just might be consistent with the OP's comment that it was fine without the converter - adding extra mass might have made the suspension bottom out.

Edited by Neilski

Unfortunately for heavy rover like a mining rover, 17T empty and 24T full with 48 wheels, whatever are the settings on springs, it's bouncing...

I think I am going to use KSP Wheel mod to see if it fix the problem

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.