Does anyone know (or predict) when ksp 2 is coming out?

Catto

Just now, siklidkid said:

i just want to know when its coming out. I CAN'T WAIT! If you don't know maybe you could guess.

Thanks!

It has been said before and said again that it will come out i Spring 2020. There was a delay announced, but that only means it was delayed to 2021's fiscal year, meaning it cannot come out before March 31, and it will still come out as promised.

I wish they never announced lol. I wish it had just come out and surprised everyone. I’m 31 years old and I’ve grown up playing video games. Strategy, first person shooters, RTS, role-playing, racing..  but I honestly think KSP is the best game I’ve ever played. Thrilled there is a sequel coming out. 

I can’t believe I’ve been playing the same game since 2013. Still going strong. 

53 minutes ago, siklidkid said:

-- maybe you could guess.--

I'm guessing not even Star Theory knows at this point, it's abundantly clear their original roadmap was too optimistic to the point they can't even keep up with their plans to drop us little bits of info every now and then. My personal bet would be between june and november this year.

18 minutes ago, dylsh said:

I wish they never announced lol.--

What they gained through the announcement was the potential for thousands of long time players to help them come up with anything they might have missed that needs to be in the core of the game, before it goes live and some alterations become very difficult and it turns into the same patchwork mess KSP1 did. Unless they tell us otherwise I'm assuming Star Theory is currently making a better game than they originally aimed for, thanks to those of us who have been posting mountains of constructive thoughts that would be difficult for a team with limited manpower to figure out on their own in any short amount of time.

57 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

My guess is June 5th, 1987. 

I could be wrong. 

I think its December 21st, 2876

I'm also excited for multiplayer, maybe also first person for kerbal view, like YOUR the kerbal!

1 hour ago, Rejected Spawn said:

I'm guessing not even Star Theory knows at this point, it's abundantly clear their original roadmap was too optimistic to the point they can't even keep up with their plans to drop us little bits of info every now and then. My personal bet would be between june and november this year.

What they gained through the announcement was the potential for thousands of long time players to help them come up with anything they might have missed that needs to be in the core of the game, before it goes live and some alterations become very difficult and it turns into the same patchwork mess KSP1 did. Unless they tell us otherwise I'm assuming Star Theory is currently making a better game than they originally aimed for, thanks to those of us who have been posting mountains of constructive thoughts that would be difficult for a team with limited manpower to figure out on their own in any short amount of time.

I Mean nobody is Nostradamus, except for nostradamus. so nobody really knows when it will come out.

On 2/8/2020 at 7:52 PM, Rejected Spawn said:

They probably know as in they have an plan, my guess is half an year delay, an month or two is to short and they had an alpha so more than an year sounds unlikely.
Its pretty common for publishers to not release much info during the development, in part its because parts ended up getting cut and people get disappointed, or the cut parts end up in an dlc who also anger people. 
 It was more common for AAA games to show more of the development process 15 years ago. I think that was better as they got feedback. 

Given that it's said that every time someone asks for a release date, the release is pushed 2 weeks ahead, I expect KSP2 to go live on the second semester of 2061.

With David Bowman hired as Community Manager and HAL 9000 acting as the Space.Theory's version of Clippy. The Monoliths are already there, HAL will feel as it's home.

Having the Monoliths sending high pitch messages to Moon now and then will be an annoyance, however.

We will probably get updates at Pax, not long to wait now. Maybe If we are lucky they will offer a beta :o 

If no signs of life at all by the end of the month, I’d be very curious what is going on over there...

Edited by Guest

Tell you? siklidkid, there are no Republic Serial villains here. Do you seriously think someone would tell you the launch date of the game if there remained the slightest chance of it being delayed? It launched thirty-five minutes ago.

Sorry certain questions always seem to suggest certain quotes.