Abilty to Remove Parts From Staging

• 1 month later...

If we’re requesting changes in this area, I’d like the ability to activate RCS by staging. For instance leave the RCS on your lander deactivated along with its engine while stowed in a cargo bay, or being handled by a transfer stage..

Yeah, it would be handy to disable staging on solid boosters, that would properly enable more dynamic igniting.  Right now for example, I've got a rocket that has Delta style staggered boosters, using KM Smart Parts to trigger them at certain altitudes, but because I can't remove the boosters from the staging, Mechjeb gets confused if I don't have them in exactly the right order on the list.

On 3/19/2020 at 6:54 PM, 0111narwhalz said:

For the time being, you can lock staging by pressing Alt+L. This will prevent the spacebar from doing anything so you don't accidentally advance the staging stack at all. It's not an exact solution, but it can prevent headaches all the same.

Just be aware that stage locking isn't persistent, i.e. when you switch away from the craft and later return to it, it won't be locked anymore. I wish Squad would finally add that to the persistence mechanism, but I had already stopped holding my breath for this even long before the original devs left, so yeah...

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.