[1.12.3] Not So SimpleConstruction! (NSSC) - SimpleConstruction! addon - 1.0.99.7-prerelease <Grazie Alerika> edition [24 Oct 2022]

zer0Kerbal

Not So SimpleConstruction! Version
KSP version License
AVC .version files GitHub Pages

Version 1.0.99.1-prerelease - <Pilot Surveys>

30 Mar 2022
Release for Kerbal Space Program [KSP 1.12.x]

DO A CLEAN INSTALL:
DELETE EXISTING INSTALLATION THEN RE-INSTALL

Download from CurseForge

Spoiler

Configs

• [ExperienceTraits.cfg] v1.0.1.0
    • add (uncomment)
    • [ELSurveySkill]
      • add to Pilots
      • SimpleConstruction! not longer adds as of 4.0.99.5-prerelease
  • fixes #40 - ExperienceTraits.cfg

Status

• Issues/Requests
    • closed #41 - Not So SimpleConstruction! (NSSC!) 1.0.99.1-prerelease <Pilot Surveys>
    • closed #42 - 1.0.99.1 Verify Legal Mumbo Jumbo
    • closed #43 - 1.0.99.1 Update Documentation
    • closed #44 - 1.0.99.1 Update Social Media

See More

• Changelog Summary for more details of changes : See ChangeLog
  • Discussions and news on this mod : See Discussions or KSP Forums
  • Known Issues for more details of feature requests and known issues : See Known Issues
  • GitHub Pages : See Pages

Localization

NotSoSimpleConstruction! (NSSC) uses localization files provided by:

Extraplanetary Launchpads

• English Flag English
  • Chinese Flag Chinese (简体中文)
  • your translation here

Kindly help out @taniwha and help translate? See above for instructions. Github Repo

How to support this and other great mods by zer0Kerbal

Support Patreon Github Sponsor Buy zer0Kerbal a snack

*red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support*

How to get support

Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date

• 3 weeks later...

KSP version License
AVC .version files GitHub Pages

Version 1.0.99.2-prerelease - <Спасиба деградка>

18 Apr 2022
Release for Kerbal Space Program [KSP 1.12.x]

DO A CLEAN INSTALL:

Download from CurseForge

Version Changes

Localization 

• Translation
    • Русский Russian (Русский)
      • Add <ru.cfg>
      • thank you to @degradka
    • update
      • add headers
    • updates #11 - Localization - Master
    • closes #19 - Russian (Русский) <ru.cfg>

Spoiler

Update

• docs/
  • Documentation
  • [NotSoSimpleConstruction.cfg]
    • remove [KSP_VERSION_MIN]

Status

• Issues/Requests
    • closes #48 - Not So SimpleConstruction! (NSSC) 1.0.99.2-prerelease Спасиба деградка
    • closes #49 - 1.0.99.2 Verify Legal Mumbo Jumbo
    • closes #50 - 1.0.99.2 Update Documentation
    • closes #51 - 1.0.99.2 Update Social Media

See More

• Known Issues for more details of feature requests and known issues : See Known Issues

Localization

Not So SimpleConstruction! (NSSC) uses localization files provided by:

• English Flag English
  • Chinese Flag Chinese (简体中文)
  • your translation here

Kindly help translate [taniwha's][taniwha] Extraplanetary-Launchpads. See above for instructions.

*red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support*

How to get support

• 1 month later...

KSP version License
AVC .version files Pages

Version 1.0.99.3-prerelease - <Encuestas piloto>

01 Jun 2022
Released for for KSP 1.12.3

Currently having difficulties planting stakes with either KIS or Stock Ground Part

DO A CLEAN INSTALL:</br> DELETE EXISTING INSTALLATION THEN RE-INSTALL

Download from CurseForge

Version Changes

Spoiler

Localization 

• Translation
    • Mexican Spanish (Español Mexicano)
    • update
      • headers
    • closes #21 - Mexican Spanish (Español Mexicano)

Update

• [Stake.cfg]
    • linted
  • docs/
  • Documentation
  • [readme.md]

Compatibility/

• [KerbalInventorySystem.cfg]
    • [ELSurveyStake]
      • [stackableQuantity] = 10

Status

• Issues/Requests
    • closes #55 - Not So SimpleConstruction! (NSSC) 1.0.99.3-prerelease <Encuestas Piloto>
    • closes #56 - 1.0.99.3 Verify Legal Mumbo Jumbo
    • closes #57 - 1.0.99.3 Update Documentation
    • closes #58 - 1.0.99.3 Update Social Media
    • #59 - [ImgBot] Optimize images - contributed by imgbot[bot]

See More

Localization

Not So SimpleConstruction! (NSSC)

• English English
  • Mexicano Español Mexican Spanish (Mexicano Español)
  • Русский Russian (Русский)
  • your translation here

HELP WANTED - See the README in the Localization folder or the Quickstart Guide for instructions for adding or improving translations. GitHub push is the best way to contribute. Additions and corrections welcome!

• English English
  • Chinese Chinese (简体中文)
  • your translation here

Kindly help translate @taniwha's Extraplanetary-Launchpads. See above for instructions.

red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support

How to get support

• 2 weeks later...

Edit: Oops, just seen the line of text under the 1.0.99.3 release about the issue with this. 

Does anybody know how to get the Survey Stakes to work properly with the stock inventory? Every time I go to deploy them, they fall over.

To be clear:

• I have a Kerbal with Survey Stakes in inventory on the ground (I've tried the launchpad, runway and just off the runway on the grass)
  • I deploy the stake by clicking on the down arrow in the bottom right of the inventory slot
  • I get the stake floating in mid air in front of the Kerbal and the deploy UI ([Space] to to place the part, [J,L,H,N,I,K] to rotate ) just like deploying science experiments
  • I hit space
  • The Survey Stake falls over
  • It isn't riveted to the ground like normal and I can kick them around, but they still actually work when building craft .

I've used the cones from Sandcastle which do the same thing as Survey Stakes and they deploy (and rivet to the ground) fine. Is it because the stake wouldn't stay steady long enough?

It's just that I don't want the boundaries / axis of my "things may magically appear here" area to go wandering off if a Kerbal walks over it.

Edited by Robin Patenall
I need to read the release better

@Robin Patenallhaven't forgotten, computer issues (CMOS battery died, took the BIOS with it, working the problem)

From what I've gathered though chatting with the @taniwha (whom's Extraplanetary Launchpads SimpleConstruction! is based on) that there is an issue with stock deployment of stakes which might not be able to be fixed. KAS/KIS will be the way - once @IgorZ has a nice release for the new versions (love the harpoon!).

More soon.

Thinking about this - I might have an workaround... will see.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

Actually I had a brain wave last night and managed to test it but didn't get around to posting.

I set the "placementMaxRivotVelocity" in the ModuleGroundPart of the stake to something very large (100, but I was going to test lower values) to ensure that the stake riveted to the ground no matter what happened and  then set a CoMOffset to move CoM below the bottom of the stake model so that it would be balanced when vertical (I used %CoMOffset = 0.0, -0.5, 0.0).  I was going to do a bit more testing tonight, to refine the values, before suggesting the fix but it seemed to be a promising workaround.

The correct fix of setting the ModuleGroundPart  kinematicDelay value to 0, doesn't work as it seems to ignore values < 1.

(This is of course all in the @PART[ELSurveyStake]:NEEDS[!KIS]:FOR[NotSoSimpleConstruction] patch in KerbalInventorySystem.cfg)

Edited by Robin Patenall

6 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

From what I've gathered though chatting with the @taniwha (whom's Extraplanetary Launchpads SimpleConstruction! is based on) that there is an issue with stock deployment of stakes which might not be able to be fixed. KAS/KIS will be the way - once @IgorZ has a nice release for the new versions (love the harpoon!).

Just for some additional info: the problem is knowing when to nail the stake to space so it doesn't fall over and roll around, though when it stops stock will nail it to space.

A very simple workaround is to use a stable shape for the survey... marker. It looks like @Angel-125 supplies a road-work witches hat for the purpose.

On 6/20/2022 at 4:56 AM, Robin Patenall said:

Actually I had a brain wave last night and managed to test it but didn't get around to posting.

I set the "placementMaxRivotVelocity" in the ModuleGroundPart of the stake to something very large (100, but I was going to test lower values) to ensure that the stake riveted to the ground no matter what happened and  then set a CoMOffset to move CoM below the bottom of the stake model so that it would be balanced when vertical (I used %CoMOffset = 0.0, -0.5, 0.0).  I was going to do a bit more testing tonight, to refine the values, before suggesting the fix but it seemed to be a promising workaround.

The correct fix of setting the ModuleGroundPart  kinematicDelay value to 0, doesn't work as it seems to ignore values < 1.

(This is of course all in the @PART[ELSurveyStake]:NEEDS[!KIS]:FOR[NotSoSimpleConstruction] patch in KerbalInventorySystem.cfg)

https://github.com/zer0Kerbal/NotSoSimpleConstruction/issues/63

On 6/20/2022 at 4:56 AM, Robin Patenall said:

@Robin PatenallI've tried and so far no joy - didn't have KIS/KAS installed and still didn't work. Kindly explain more.

7 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

I've tried and so far no joy - didn't have KIS/KAS installed and still didn't work. Kindly explain more.

I've just rechecked this on my clean install to check that it  still works. I have a few library mods, B9PartSwitch, CommunityResourcePack and the DLC (It did occur to me that ModuleGroundPart might be Breaking Ground only, but I tried it without SquadExpansion and it still works)

Here's the relevant section of NSSC's KerbalInventorySystem.cfg:

@PART[ELSurveyStake]:NEEDS[!KIS]:FOR[NotSoSimpleConstruction]
{
    // Move the CoM to underground so the stake stays upright
    %CoMOffset = 0.0, -0.5, 0.0

-MODULE[ModuleKISItem] { }
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleGroundPart
        fxGroupDeploy = deploy
        // Name of the FXGroup to Play when the part is being deployed
        placementAllowXRotation = true
        //     Determines if the Part can be rotated in the X Axis when in ground placement mode, before being placed on the ground.
         placementAllowYRotation = false
        //     Determines if the Part can be rotated in the Y Axis when in ground placement mode, before being placed on the ground.
        placementAllowZRotation = true
        //     Determines if the Part can be rotated in the Z Axis when in ground placement mode, before being placed on the ground. 
        inventoryTooltip = ""
        packedVolume = 0 //f
        //     The space this part occupies when packed inside an inventory container
        kinematicDelay = 3 // f
        // Delay before rivotiing, any value < 1 defaults to 3

// Make this large so that stake will always rivot
        placementMaxRivotVelocity = 1 // f

// This is the velocity the part must be travelling less than before it will be rivoted to the ground.
        reinitResourcesOnStoreInVessel = false
         // Set to true when the parts resources should be "filled" magically when the part is stored in a vessel.
        stackableQuantity = 10
        // The number of parts of the same kind and variant that can be stacked in a single inventory slot
    }
}

I did lower the palcementMaxRivotVelocity and I did try to remove the Y axis rotation during placement but this doesn't appear to work.

To deploy the stake you use the same method that you use to deploy surface science. In my test I did the following:

• Launched Jeb in a Mk1-3 command pod to the Launchpad with 3 survey stakes in the pod's inventory
  • I EVA'd Jeb to the launch pad
  • Swapped Jeb's parachute with a survey stake
  • Clicked the deploy button for the stake (bottom right of the inventory slot)
  • Got the deploy UI ([Space]: to place the part, etc)
  • Hit Space
    • With out the above changes, the survey stake slowly falls over and rolls along the ground
    • With the above changes, the survey stake stays upright and becomes riveted to the ground. I can even sometimes get a "[f] to climb" prompt and climb up it.

The more obvious test is to rotate the survey stake slightly with H or N before placing he part so that it isn't vertical, with the above changes, it will wobble but not completely fall down (the further that it is away from upright, the more it is pulled vertical) and more obviously freeze after 3 seconds.

I uploaded a demo of this working (hopefully this works)

I did have some issues related to picking the stakes back up sometimes, but I do not think that this is related to the changes above.

Edited by Robin Patenall

@Robin Patenall+1  :science:!! 

I cleaned the entire dev game out - and just installed SimpleConstruction! Not So SimpleConstruction! and ModuleManager. It worked. 

I will also tell @taniwha about this so he can use it in the full Extraplanetary Launchpads.

I will be rearranging a little more - and put the fix into the part, and move the KIS/KAS code into the KAS/KIS patch. @IgorZ

New release imminent. 

16 hours ago, Robin Patenall said:
    // Move the CoM to underground so the stake stays upright

Why oh why didn't I think of this. Can even make it so the stake is visually in the ground and can mentally write it off as the tip is weighted (to explain the offset CoM). It can even make for some fun (those rebounding push-over toys).

20 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Why oh why didn't I think of this. Can even make it so the stake is visually in the ground and can mentally write it off as the tip is weighted (to explain the offset CoM). It can even make for some fun (those rebounding push-over toys).

@Robin Patenall takes allot to impress @taniwha! nicely done! @Angel-125 might even be able to use it.

@taniwha(GitHub Pull Request): https://github.com/taniwha/Extraplanetary-Launchpads/pull/189

Edited by zer0Kerbal

KSP version License
AVC .version files Pages

1.0.99.4-prerelease <Stake Staking Stuck> edition

25 Jun 2022

This should resolve planting stakes with stock mechanics (Ground Part)

DO A CLEAN INSTALL:

Download from CurseForge

Version Changes

This should resolve planting stakes with stock mechanics (Ground Part)

Update

Spoiler
  • Localization
    • [en-us.cfg] v1.0.0.2
      • add #EL_ELMallet_tags = stake pound build hammer
  • [KerbalInventorySystem.cfg] v1.0.1.0
  • Hide mallet if KIS not installed
  • if KIS installed - add KIS to ELSurveyStake
  • [stake.cfg]
  • fix planting with stock mechanics
    • thank you to Robin Patenall! @Robin Patenall
    • [CoMOffset] = 0.0, -0.5, 0.0
    • [ModuleGroundPart]
      • [placementMaxRivo`tVelocity] from 0.003 to 1.0 (f)
      • [kinematicDelay] to 0 from 3
      • [packedVolume] from 0 to 1
      • [stackableQuantity] = 12
      • [inventoryTooltip`] from "" to #EL_ELSurveyStake_title
    • add sound clip for deploy (experimental)
    • updates #61 - [Documentation Issue ]: A How-To
    • closes #63 - [Bug th?id=OIP.cpfOx3RRCNI7JwVjr6zMzAAAAA%26pid=Api&f=1]: stake not staking stuck

Status

• Issues/Requests
    • closes #64 - Not So SimpleConstruction! (NSSC) 1.0.99.4-prerelease <Stake Staking Stuck> edition
    • closes #65 - 1.0.99.4 Verify Legal Mumbo Jumbo
    • closes #66 - 1.0.99.4 Update Documentation
    • closes #67 - 1.0.99.4 Update Social Media

See More

Localization

Spoiler

• English English
  • your translation here

HELP WANTED - See the README in the Localization folder or the Quickstart Guide for instructions for adding or improving translations. GitHub push is the best way to contribute. Additions and corrections welcome!

• English English
  • Chinese Chinese (简体中文)
  • your translation here

Kindly help translate [taniwha's][taniwha] Extraplanetary-Launchpads. See above for instructions.

How to get support

• 2 weeks later...

Taking 'Suzie' the sledgehammer out for a testdrive.

Had Keridan Dynamics (KDVA), SimpleConstruction! (SCON) and Not So SimpleConstruction (NSSC), along with both KIS and KAS installed.

Was able to drive stakes with both stock and KAS/KIS mechanics.

Just remember if you want to use KIS/KAS (until new versions out of beta) must have the stakes in KAS inventory, not stock inventory (or use the spawn item cheat)

\177465761-9c250d97-4ac8-465c-9555-2e7c52

• 2 months later...

KSP version License
AVC .version files Pages

1.0.99.5-prerelease <Goodwin II> edition

15 Sept 2022

DO A CLEAN INSTALL:

Download from CurseForge

Version Changes

Spoiler

Update 1.0.99.5

• <Stake.cfg> v1.2.1.0
    • [maxTemp] now 2400 was 3400
    • [ModuleGroundPart]
      • [packedVolume] = 1

Localization 1.0.99.5

• Update
    • <en-us.cfg>
      • rename to <en-us.cfg> v1.0.1.0
        • remove agency strings and other items now included with SimpleConstruction!
        • via Extraplanetary Launchpads dictionary
    • no changes
      • <es-mx.cfg>
      • <ru-ru.cfg>
      • because Extraplanetary Launchpads isn't localized into those languages (yet)

docs/ 1.0.99.5

• Convert XPL pdf into pages
  • updates #61 - [Documentation Issue]: A How-To

Assets 1.0.99.5

• Update
    • from <sfx_stake-pound.wav> 375kb
    • to <sfx_stake-pound.ogg> 25.7kb
  • Remove
    • @thumbs due to a potential issue with malformed thumbs

Status 1.0.99.5

• Issues
    • closes #71 - Not So SimpleConstruction! (NSSC) 1.0.99.5-prerelease <Goodwin II> edition
    • closes #72 - 1.0.99.5 Verify Legal Mumbo Jumbo
    • closes #73 - 1.0.99.5 Update Documentation
    • closes #74 - 1.0.99.5 Update Social Media

See More

Spoiler
  • Changelog Summary for more details of changes: See ChangeLog

Localization

Spoiler

• English English
  • your translation here

• English English
  • Chinese Chinese (简体中文)
  • your translation here

How to get support

Edited by zer0Kerbal
added strong red coloring

• 2 weeks later...

KSP version License
AVC .version files Pages

1.0.99.6-prerelease <Hitchhiker Surveying> edition

30 Sept 2022

DO A CLEAN INSTALL:

Download from CurseForge

Changes

Spoiler

Summary 1.0.99.6

• Make the Hitchhiker's a survey station, not as great a view, but oh so much more space
  • [WIP] XPL/SC/NSSC manual
    • based on work by taniwha, thank you!
    • temporary link
    • updates #61 - [Documentation Issue ]: A How-To

Update 1.0.99.6

• <SurveyStation.cfg> v1.0.2.0
    • localized the description supplementer

Status 1.0.99.6

• Issues
    • closes #77 - Not So SimpleConstruction! (NSSC) 1.0.99.6-prerelease <Hitchhiker Surveying>>
    • closes #78 - 1.0.99.6 Verify Legal Mumbo Jumbo
    • closes #79 - 1.0.99.6 Update Documentation
    • closes #80 - 1.0.99.6 Update Social Media

See More

• Changelog Summary for more details of changes: See ChangeLog

Localization

Spoiler

• English English
  • your translation here

• English English
  • Chinese Chinese (简体中文)
  • your translation here

How to get support

• 4 weeks later...

KSP version License
AVC .version files Pages

Version 1.0.99.7-prerelease <Grazie Alerika> edition

• 25 Oct 2022
  • Released for for KSP 1.12.3

DO A CLEAN INSTALL:

Download from CurseForge

Changes

Spoiler

Localization 1.0.99.7

• Translation
    • Italian (Italiano)
      • Add <it-it.cfg>
      • thank you to @Alerika
    • update
      • minor changes
      • <en-us.cfg> v1.0.1.1
      • v1.0.0.1
      • <ru.cfg> v1.0.0.2
      • v1.0.0.1
    • closes #17 - Italian (Italiano) <it-it.cfg>

Status 1.0.99.7

• Issues
    • closes #83 - Not So SimpleConstruction! (NSSC) 1.0.99.7-prerelease <Grazie Alerika> edition
    • closes #84 - 1.0.99.7 Verify Legal Mumbo Jumbo
    • closes #85 - 1.0.99.7 Update Documentation
    • closes #86 - 1.0.99.7 Update Social Media
    • updates #61 - [Documentation Issue]: A How-To

See More

Localization

Spoiler

• English English
  • Italiano Italian (Italiano) thank you @Alerika
  • Mexicano Español Mexican Spanish (Mexicano Español) thank you @AtomikkuSan
  • Русский Russian (Русский) thank you @degradka
  • your translation here

• English English
  • Português Brasil Brazilian Portuguese (Português Brasil)
  • 简体中文 Chinese (简体中文)
  • 日本語 Japanese (日本語)
  • your translation here

How to get support

Release Schedule

1. GitHub, reaching first manual installers and users of KSP-AVC. Right now.
  2. CurseForge. Right now.
  3. SpaceDock (and CKAN users). Soon™
Edited by zer0Kerbal
update links and lasso the birds

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.