Are there mods that add more deployable science instruments?

Hey everyone,

I know that a long time ago there was the Surface Experiments Pack that had Breaking Ground's surface deployed science features. And as far as I can tell, it was a very well thought out mod. Now that Breaking Ground exists and there's chance to do more science - are there any mods that build on Breaking Ground's science packs and/or extend it? I'd love to have more experiments to deploy and more complicated monitoring stations etc. I think it's a great part of the game and gives the Kerbals something to do on jaunts down to Duna or Eve.

I'd love to add to the mechanic with whatever the community has been building.

Best.

• 4 weeks later...

Aside from deployable batteries, which adds batteries to power your deployed science when the sun goes down, I don't know of any other mods that add deployed science experiments. It's a bit of a shame really, there are a lot of possibilities- a deployed sky-scanning telescope that could work like a Sentinel, some kind of biological experiments e.g. growing seeds (they do it on the ISS!), or an InSight-style drill that would slowly dig into the surface and collect data from the various layers it encountered.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.