zer0Kerbal

UNDER CONSTRUCTION
construction-pic-1.jpeg

Download on SpaceDock, Github or Curseforge.  Available on CKAN.

SimpleLife (SimpleLife)

Mod VersionKSP 1.8.xCKAN listed68747470733a2f2f696d672e736869656c64732e

Greetings again :o

I have asked, and @MatterBeam has graciously given permission to update / continue / adopt / release SimpleLife.

I intend to respectfully proceed as soon as I am ready, as permitted by the individual license(s) and the original author's permission.

@MatterBeam has granted me access to the SpaceDock listing and I will be updating it when it is time.

https://spacedock.info/mod/766

Thank you.

Thank @MatterBeam for these wonderful mods!

Source: GitHub

License: 68747470733a2f2f696d672e736869656c64732e

• All bundled mods are distributed under their own licenses

• All art assets (textures, models, animations) are distributed under their own licenses

SimpleLife-1465774887.7852516.jpg

YdYfStN.jpg

Edited by zer0Kerbal

Very promising. Can't wait. The kerbal recruiting part sounds great as I'm planning to go full interstellar (well as soon as I raise 34 million funds to pay for the karborundum fuel and torch drives) and it would be nice to not have to worry when I "accidentally" get my guys killed.

So this is the tentative circle off life(support)

1. EC + Supplies + Kerbal + time = Mulch
  2. EC + Mulch + time = Fertilizer
  3. EC + Fertilizer + Ore + time = Supplies + Life + Mulch
  4. EC + Supplies + Ore + time + Life = [ new kerbal] + Mulch

depends on what LS used. there are currently several (old) patches.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

31 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

So this is the tentative circle off life(support)

1. EC + supplies + Kerbal + time = mulch
  2. EC + mulch + time = fertilzer
  3. EC + fertilizer + Ore + time= supplies + Life + mulch
  4. EC + Supplies + Ore + time + Life = new kerbal + mulch

Elo!

would you be able to explain a bit about what these are intended to represent?

like... the “EC+Supplies+Kerbal+Time = Mulch” seems to be a situation where a Kerbal is eating supplies and then pooping waste, but what are the other ones? 

On 2/12/2020 at 12:46 PM, zer0Kerbal said:

So this is the tentative circle of life(support)

1. EC + supplies + Kerbal + time = mulch
  2. EC + mulch + time = fertilizer
  3. EC + fertilizer + Ore + time= supplies + Life + mulch
  4. EC + Supplies + Ore + time + Life = new kerbal + mulch

On 2/12/2020 at 1:23 PM, Dale Christopher said:

would you be able to explain a bit about what these are intended to represent?

like... the “EC+Supplies+Kerbal+Time = Mulch” seems to be a situation where a Kerbal is eating supplies and then pooping waste, but what are the other ones? 

The goal of SimpleXxx mods (SimpleLife, SimpleConstruction, SimpleLogistics, Simple...) is to boil these complicated things down, and using stock parts, provide a basic system that adds to the Players enjoyment of the game, without having a steep learning curve, or subtracting from the games performance (small memory footprint, small  impact on processor/gpu).

So part of that design principle is not adding a bunch of parts, or resources to clutter or complicate.

SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
Input welcome.

RESOURCES:

• ElectricCharge(EC) and Ore are stock.
  • Mulch, Fertilizer, and Supplies are all resources provided by Community Resource Pack (standardized so to speak
  • Life, or primordial goo, is a resourced defined by this mod.

PROCESSES:

These are the four 'processes'.

1. LifeSupport[ LS]
    1. happens automatically; nothing to do, process just happens.
    2. scaled per kerbal.
    3. a module is added to all parts that have crewCapacity > 0
      (and maybe to KerbalEVA*?) (add *storage* and module to suit - but ???)
    4. Yes, - very much the situation where a Kerbal is living and producing mulch. (aka *bleep*) and Life (primordial goo).
    5. rough formula or recipe: ElectricCharge + Supplies + time -> Kerbal -> Mulch + Life
  2. Recycling
    1. manually activated process (think 'research' in science lab)
    2. scaled per part (greater the size of the part, the greater the amount recycled)
    3. is a module added to several stock parts (including a radially attached part)
    4. converts Mulch (over time ) into Fertilizer and Life (primordial goo)
    5. rough formula or recipe: ElectricCharge + Mulch -> Recycler ->  Fertilizer + Life
  3. Cultivating
    1. manually activated process (think 'turn on lights')
    2. scaled per part
    3. is a module added to several stock parts (including a radially attached part)
    4. converts Fertilizer (over time)  into Supplies and Life (primordial goo)
    5. rough formula or recipe: ElectricCharge + Fertilizer -> Cultivator -> Supplies + Life
  4. KloningBay (if MoarKerbals used)
    1. manually activated process
    2. per use consumption of resources
    3. -
    4. converts Supplies + Life + Fertilizer + Mulch -> Kloner -> [new Kerbal] + Mulch

There might be one more, haven't decided, but injects Ore to produce Fertilizer or Supplies. Would consume power and maybe life... will see what input and how things develop.

Most of this mod is ready to go; 85% or so done - @MatterBeam did a great job with developing this mod. Am just polishing MoarKerbals first and deciding which LifeSupport mod I want to include as the base (SNACKS!, TAC-LS, or USI-LS). Plan is to support all three; not at once of course. :oJust like supporting MoarKerbals or CivilianPopulation is also the plan.

I had thought about splitting Supplies into Jeb's Coffee and Jeb's Scones - maybe save that for Not So SimpleLife. :P

On 2/12/2020 at 1:05 PM, Moncasta said:

Can't wait!!

Neither can I! :D

can always check out the GitHub repo (link in OP) for the current version. I hopefully will be putting a prerelease in the next couple days. The Beta will follow after that.

Edited by zer0Kerbal
keyboard stopped working.

• 3 weeks later...

update - MoarKerbals is on its last feature - the ability to recruit 'civilian' kerbals into being having a scientist/engineer/pilot trait.

Once that is out the door, then I will finish SimpleLife. :D

I am also considering/pondering simplifying SimpleLife a little more.

On 2/12/2020 at 10:18 PM, Geonovast said:

source for the plugins

had accidentally forgotten to include a .gitignore so have removed the .dll's in the repo. 

Edited by zer0Kerbal

update: MoarKerbals now can recruit civilians. Long and short - am now going to merge in some tech from Field Training Lab/Facility - to use resources to train civilians to a certain :rep: (star) (experience) level before being able to recruit. simple and efficient way to provide this functionality. Will provide ability to flexibly configure this.

Suggestion that came in which I like is to use the six seat model of the science lab, without any science lab functions, to be the 'civilian training facility. Which professional (trait) a Civilian becomes is currently random., and I am not planning on changing that.

Should there be a way to 'retrain' a crew member into a different profession?

Edited by zer0Kerbal

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.