[1.12.x] Better Load Save Game Renewed

linuxgurugamer

39 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Your saying the cancel button is still loading a selected save?

Yes. It's not fixed.

Also just realized there's another issue/ change. IIRC when tapping the quicksave button, before it simply did a quicksave without a dialog box and I believe it would open the "Quicksave As..." dialog box if you held the quicksave button a few seconds. Now it always gives the  quicksave dialog box.

30 minutes ago, Krazy1 said:

Yes. It's not fixed.

Also just realized there's another issue/ change. IIRC when tapping the quicksave button, before it simply did a quicksave without a dialog box and I believe it would open the "Quicksave As..." dialog box if you held the quicksave button a few seconds. Now it always gives the  quicksave dialog box.

All right.  It was a quick fix, obviously I didn't get the right fix.

I'll look into the quicksave as well

1 hour ago, Krazy1 said:

Yes. It's not fixed.

I just tested this, it works fine in 1.10.1.  I did confirm the cancel issue, although it doesn't make sense (from a coding issue, that is)

Edited by linuxgurugamer

New beta, 2.5.3.3

• Really fixed the Cancel button issue

Tested on both 1.10.1 and 1.11.2

I did NOT see any issue with the F5 (quicksave) as you described.

F5 on the SpaceCenter screen did open the quicksave, nothing I can do about that at this time, that's embedded in KSP

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/BetterLoadSaveGame/releases/tag/2.5.3.3

On 4/15/2021 at 10:58 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Beta, please test:

2.5.3 Beta

Assuming you have the F9 replacement enabled, it now works on the SpaceCenter screen

Please test and let me know

F9 Works thanks, I was really frustrated with the loading saves without this  mod. ^_^

2.5.3.3 fixed the cancel button issue. The quicksave button is/was working in flight: tapping Quicksave button saves without dialog; ALT-(quicksave button) opens "save as".

From KSC overview, the quick save button is always launching the "save as" menu but it does this in stock too. I didn't realize that. It doesn't make sense to change the button functionality based on the scene IMO. I'm claiming a sanity defense. Sorry @linuxgurugamer 

Just in case anybody else does this: I hit quickload by mistake then ESC to exit quickload menu but that doesn't exit, it opens the pause menu (second mistake- I'm not a smart guy). Then I hit Cancel to close the quickload menu and then ESC to close the pause menu... that does close the pause menu BUT the game is still paused. Just hit ESC again. I thought it froze KSP I was about to Ctrl-Alt-Del kill it. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/3/2021 at 6:38 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 2.5.3.4

• Added AssemblyFileVersion
  • Updated version file for 1.12

hmm, i installed it with all the dependencies via ckan and it is not working, at least in my current career savegame. any ideas?

3 hours ago, dudefan said:

hmm, i installed it with all the dependencies via ckan and it is not working, at least in my current career savegame. any ideas?

No logs, no support

Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

• 8 months later...

@linuxgurugamer any chance you can make this something we can access from the main menu to load any save we want when starting the game rather than loading into the game then loading a different save? Or do you have another mod that does this. I coulda swore you had something you revived that gave us a home menu load game option but that was some years ago I last used KSP.

1 hour ago, Fihnakis said:

@linuxgurugamer any chance you can make this something we can access from the main menu to load any save we want when starting the game rather than loading into the game then loading a different save? Or do you have another mod that does this. I coulda swore you had something you revived that gave us a home menu load game option but that was some years ago I last used KSP.

I never wrote anything like that, the only thing which may be relevant would be the S.A.V.E. mod

and I'm not planning on modifying this to do that.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey linuxgurugamer.

First of all, many thanks for all your work.

I'm having trouble with this mod, and with Deployable Batteries as well.
In BLSG, the mod is installed through CKAN (and dependencies too), but nothing happens in-game. Nothing appears in the settings either.
In Deployable Batteries, everything seems to work, but the batteries only drain, they don't charge. I tested it on Kerbin and Mun, with a basic station (station+goo reserch station+2 solar panels+batteries), and I tried 3 different batteries, all with the same result (both in Career Mode and Creative).

I'd appreciate any help you can provide. Thank you so much!

Below is the player.log, in a OneDrive link,

Player.log

7 hours ago, Maze905 said:

mod is installed through CKAN

Hello. Welcome. The BLSG version you have is 8 months old. Scroll up to see release notes. I always launch KSP with CKAN to check for mod updates. 

7 hours ago, Maze905 said:

Deployable Batteries

deployable experiments work without that mod in 1.12

15 hours ago, Maze905 said:

Hey linuxgurugamer.

First of all, many thanks for all your work.

I'm having trouble with this mod, and with Deployable Batteries as well.
In BLSG, the mod is installed through CKAN (and dependencies too), but nothing happens in-game. Nothing appears in the settings either.
In Deployable Batteries, everything seems to work, but the batteries only drain, they don't charge. I tested it on Kerbin and Mun, with a basic station (station+goo reserch station+2 solar panels+batteries), and I tried 3 different batteries, all with the same result (both in Career Mode and Creative).

I'd appreciate any help you can provide. Thank you so much!

Below is the player.log, in a OneDrive link,

Player.log

See what Krazy says above, if it still happens, get back to me

Many thanks for your replies, Krazy1 and linuxgurugamer.

I am indeed using BSLG version 2.5.3.5, the latest one, both on CKAN and on the post above. CKAN doesn't have any pending mod updates.
Edit: Just noticed that the mod is working, but only when I press F9. If I press F5 only the stock quicksave menu appears, and if I press Esc and save/load, only the stock menu appears.

I'm not sure I understood the part about Deployable Batteries. The experiments do work without the batteries, when I set them up. Are you saying that they don't lose power even if they are in the shade (in case of solar panels), and continue to produce science?

Thank you again

Edited by Maze905
Additional info

4 hours ago, Maze905 said:

: Just noticed that the mod is working, but only when I press F9. If I press F5 only the stock quicksave menu appears, and if I press Esc and save/load, only the stock menu appears

Ummm, the nod is Better Load Savegames, not Better Save Savegames

19 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ummm, the nod is Better Load Savegames, not Better Save Savegames

Oh, I figured the same menu would appear when saving, my bad.

Regarding Deployable Batteries, do you have any idea why the batteries don't charge in a deployable station with 1 control station, 2 solar panels and 1 battery?

Thanks again

10 hours ago, Maze905 said:

Oh, I figured the same menu would appear when saving, my bad.

Regarding Deployable Batteries, do you have any idea why the batteries don't charge in a deployable station with 1 control station, 2 solar panels and 1 battery?

Thanks again

Not offhand, could you post in that thread.  Been a while since I wrote this, and will be a little bit before I can get back to it.  Maybe someone in the thread will be able to help

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.