linuxgurugamer

IMPORTANT Announcement about MiniAVC and ZeroMiniAVC

Recommended Posts

Hi,

As a result of the Unity update for KSP 1.8, the minimod MiniAVC.dll is seriously broken.  Many times it will cause the game to crash almost immediately.

In an attempt to alleviate the problems, I have added ZeroMiniAVC as a dependency for both the ClickThroughBlocker AND ToolbarController in CKAN.   This was done to ensure that the most people will get it automatically installed as quickly as possible.

ZeroMiniAVC is a small mod which will delete all copies of the MiniAVC.dll files that will exist anywhere in the GameData directory.

For those who install manually, you can get the latest version here:

https://spacedock.info/mod/1614/ZeroMiniAVC

If you are using CKAN, it will be installed/updated the next time you run an update on CKAN.

This is, in my opinion, the best way to address the issues.  While I have fixed it locally, there is no easy way to get it out into all the mods which use it.

It is my strong suggestion that you leave ZeroMiniAVC installed for the foreseeable future, to make sure that any mod install or updates which might have it included won't cause any problems.

Finally, depending on the number of mods installed, you may have to start the game two times to fully remove all the MiniAVC.dll files.  What seems to happen is that ZeroMiniAVC will work, but the game may crash the first time if there are multiple MiniAVC.dll files.  So the second start will be fine.

MiniAVC is being retired, and I have no plans to re-introduce it in the future.

Linuxgurugamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew I deleted all miniavc.dll files on every game start for a reason.

Not THIS reason of course, but A reason ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

always do. Thanks for the PSA.

53 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

I knew I deleted all miniavc.dll files on every game start for a reason.

Not THIS reason of course, but A reason ;)

same.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome! No qualms from me, I didn't have much love for MiniAVC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that the mod is being discontinued for the problems, especially this one:

A workaround was deleting all MiniAVC, and actually that mod gave me a LOT of lag during the start of KSP and also the pop- ups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2020 at 2:19 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Hi,

As a result of the Unity update for KSP 1.8, the minimod MiniAVC.dll is seriously broken.  Many times it will cause the game to crash almost immediately.

In an attempt to alleviate the problems, I have added ZeroMiniAVC as a dependency for both the ClickThroughBlocker AND ToolbarController in CKAN.   This was done to ensure that the most people will get it automatically installed as quickly as possible.

ZeroMiniAVC is a small mod which will delete all copies of the MiniAVC.dll files that will exist anywhere in the GameData directory.

For those who install manually, you can get the latest version here:

https://spacedock.info/mod/1614/ZeroMiniAVC

If you are using CKAN, it will be installed/updated the next time you run an update on CKAN.

This is, in my opinion, the best way to address the issues.  While I have fixed it locally, there is no easy way to get it out into all the mods which use it.

It is my strong suggestion that you leave ZeroMiniAVC installed for the foreseeable future, to make sure that any mod install or updates which might have it included won't cause any problems.

Finally, depending on the number of mods installed, you may have to start the game two times to fully remove all the MiniAVC.dll files.  What seems to happen is that ZeroMiniAVC will work, but the game may crash the first time if there are multiple MiniAVC.dll files.  So the second start will be fine.

MiniAVC is being retired, and I have no plans to re-introduce it in the future.

Linuxgurugamer

Thank you! I have been frustrated for a while. Also even the game does load now, sometimes it still crashes, and miniAVC.dll files still exist... also the loading screen shows "ZeroMiniAVC started" and then "ZeroMiniAVC destroyed"

Edited by SynX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got this line in my KSP.sh script:

find . -name 'MiniAVC.*' -exec rm '{}' \;

But it doesn't hurt to kill it twice ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great mod, helped me a lot with crashes and infinite loading screens, thanks god you're a KSP modder, halfthe mods I have are yours

On 2/17/2020 at 3:14 AM, SynX said:

 also the loading screen shows "ZeroMiniAVC started" and then "ZeroMiniAVC destroyed"

Same happens here, but I don't think that's too much to worry about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.