Kerbal Space Program 1.9: "There’s No Place Like Home” Grand Discussion Thread

UomoCapra

2 hours ago, Steven Mading said:

I just downloaded KSP 1.9 and ran into this issue right away.  When two manuever nodes are in your future flight plan, the second one can't be edited by pulling on the GUI knobs for it.  That used to work just fine.

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/24840

Am I the only one having this problem?

I noticed this right away as well. Didn't realize how much I switched back and forth between the maneuver mode (bottom left of screen) and manipulating the nodes themselves until the latter stopped working for subsequent nodes. I actually reverted back to 1.8 just to make sure I wasn't crazy with the intent of reporting this issue. Managed to have a quicksave from before 1.9 and loaded it with 1.8 and 1.9 and confirmed the Issue. It's already driving me crazy; I may just stay on 1.8 for now. Hopefully this issue will be noticed and addressed.

2 hours ago, sh1pman said:

Conceptually it would dynamically tune the thrust limiter on multiple engines to roll/pitch/yaw the craft. Some mods do that.

Yep, I had missed that implication; and that could be useful as a stock feature, esp. in regards to VTOL landers.  Those things are always a nightmare to balance/fly if not built perfectly symmetrical w/fuel on the COM. Good point :)

Entirely different set of math and module interaction code though, but might be a useful feature to request/keep in mind for the future.

2 hours ago, Steven Mading said:

I just downloaded KSP 1.9 and ran into this issue right away.  When two manuever nodes are in your future flight plan, the second one can't be edited by pulling on the GUI knobs for it.  That used to work just fine.

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/24840

Am I the only one having this problem?

I am having the same problem.

Just tried the new 1.9 edition and I have to say it looks magnificent and runs great. My favorite mods worked (MechJeb and For Science). The Desert Runway looks better and the Pyramids are improved. I had given up playing KSP waiting for this and I am so pleased. I hope that they continue to make these kinds of improvements.

15 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

* Fix Rockomax Brand Adapter 02 being off-center.

Thank you.  I posted that to the bug tracker a year ago, and it got absolutely no traction with a lowly 2 upvotes (pretty sure 1 of those is mine).  I didn't expect it to receive any attention, but I am very thankful that it did.  It gives me hope that indeed posting to the bugtracker is a good thing to do.  Every patch you guys have fixed one of my posted bugs.  Thanks again.

Now to give the update a try!

Edit:  Okay, I really like dual Skippers:

P1CQ8QY.png

I just took a craft to orbit to check out Ultra Kerbin and I have to say the camera line on the way up is back and looks worse than ever.  It looks quite a bit thicker than usual and very unaliased.  In orbit its not there and Kerbin does indeed look gorgeous.

Also, the "Official KSP Merchandise" link on the main menu is new right?   For those wondering, it directs the user to here:  https://store.privatedivision.com/en_US/merchandise

Experienced some interesting LOD transition between new Kerbin textures. Gian squares of higher res terrain on top of what should've been there.  I'll see if it keeps happening.  This is with new Kerbin Ultra shader.

Edited by klesh

6 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

camera line? I don't know this term and can't figure out what it refers to.

I guess its the line between a near and a far camera... the game apparently renders what appears to be a normal scene using 2 cameras.  Over the years, the line where the two cameras meet has varied between visible and not visible and various serveries of each.   Let me try to take an example screenie.

Okay here are two examples I just made real quick. 

https://imgur.com/a/vDQ7vw0

You should be able to see a horizontal line clearly running the width of the screen.  The severity of its appearance changes.  For example, on the launchpad no line was visible at all.

Edited by klesh

6 hours ago, Shadowmage said:

Huh, figures that 1.9 would hit literally hours after I finally update my mods to 1.8.

Indeed.

The good news is that it's a three day weekend coming up, so I should have time to install the game and all the mods, since the modders will have time to update everything for me by Monday.

(Of course I'm kidding.  Please take your time to do whatever you need to do, folks.  Even if what you need to do is take a month off.  I really appreciate everything y'all modders have done to make this game what it is.  Y'all are worth every penny we pay you.  (And probably even more.))

2 hours ago, _alphaBeta_ said:

I noticed this right away as well. Didn't realize how much I switched back and forth between the maneuver mode (bottom left of screen) and manipulating the nodes themselves until the latter stopped working for subsequent nodes. I actually reverted back to 1.8 just to make sure I wasn't crazy with the intent of reporting this issue. Managed to have a quicksave from before 1.9 and loaded it with 1.8 and 1.9 and confirmed the Issue. It's already driving me crazy; I may just stay on 1.8 for now. Hopefully this issue will be noticed and addressed.

Is there a way to revert to 1.8 if you use Steam? 

Well, I notice (on Linux at least) the game uses all the cores according to xosview. It used to use one core plus part of another one for mods like MechJeb.

Also, the VAB ladders are finally fixed! Jeb climbed all the way to the helipad without a glitch or getting stuck. That hasn't worked since 0.23, I think. Not that it's a big deal. However I notice the Kerbal comes back down the ladder head-first...

1 hour ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Initial steps:  I've had to remove eve/scatterer (due to missing water), and all instances of MiniAVC (due to massive amounts of log spam).

See this:

51 minutes ago, razark said:

That's the first thing I do when I download a mod.

See above

35 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

BUG:

I visited the 2nd airstrip and when walking over the hill to get a view with a kerbal I walked right through the hill and fell through the ground

That also happened to me. It seems to be an issue when walking uphill in any terrain on Kerbin, don't know about other planets.

10 hours ago, MechBFP said:

You'll have to test. I thought it was fixed by this “* Fix reentry FX.”

Well, I may phrase statements somewhat defensively but that doesn't mean I don't test things before complaining. ;)

"* Fix reentry FX." means that the "plasma streaks" are not displayed for shielded parts anymore.

10 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

That was fixed. Just the bugs have not been updated yet. Our hard working QA team are working on updating the public bug tracker.

Well, as I said: when I run the test scenario I that included in the bug report I still see excessive heating on the terrier engine. (The "Conv Flux" in the screenshot below. It is zero for all other parts that are shielded by the heat-shield.)

If this has something to do with my particular installation, then I'd appreciate a hint. The only mod I use is KAC, and I don't think this is to blame.

10mHeatshield_Eve_1-0-0.png