Kerbal Space Program 1.9: "There’s No Place Like Home” Grand Discussion Thread

UomoCapra

4 minutes ago, Tewa said:

Hi everyone! I just wanted to confirm this... I can update KSP to 1.9 and still play my 1.8.1 career game?

This is my first patch that's come out during an active game I was playing. I wasn't expecting to be able to do that...

Thanks!

Your career game should be OK, yes... 

great update. thank you.

i love the removing of the warp height restrictions and the cheat tool for placing crafts on the surface. so i can test my landers way faster!

only downside: my complete settings got lost. i had to redo my graphic and input settings again. anybody else with this problem? can i manually save them somehow to "insert" them the next time?

28 minutes ago, KingPhantom said:

only downside: my complete settings got lost. i had to redo my graphic and input settings again. anybody else with this problem? can i manually save them somehow to "insert" them the next time?

The file is settings.cfg. IMO it's more important than my persistent file :)

I back it up before installing a new version (I do so manually) and have never been sad by it.

If you can get a backup of the file, there are no new settings for 1.9 that I saw so you can just put it in there and it'll work fine. but if you're using Steam and don't back anything up then it's probably gone :(

Edited by 5thHorseman

8 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

The file is settings.cfg. IMO it's more important than my persistent file :)

I back it up before installing a new version (I do so manually) and have never been sad by it.

If you can get a backup of the file, there are no new settings for 1.9 that I saw so you can just put it in there and it'll work fine. but if you're using Steam and don't back anything up then it's probably gone :(

thx. its just about the graphical settings. i have to find them complete new.

but the inputs will come from time to time. i will push buttons to do something when i need it. then i remember the input layout :)

2 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

...there are no new settings for 1.9 that I saw so you can just put it in there and it'll work fine.

I've found that that doesn't seem to matter.  I've been migrating my settings.cfg forward for years.  I assume that whatever is new gets defaulted by the new version.

18 minutes ago, lajoswinkler said:

I wouldn't come here and complain if I had a modded game, as this subforum isn't meant for that.

Stock game.

49C931E13878596DCB25D4D4A7B6F1C97E6B6CDF

No one else has reported this problem - I'm certainly not having it - so this may be on your end. If you use Steam, try validating your game files.

It starting to look like Squad basically doesn't care anymore. They are not even trying to fix any critical bugs. You can't walk on any sloped surface anymore because of this bug, but ain't nobody going to fix that. This bug is confirmed, so you can't just change the game version in the report, and if you're going to create a new report stating the same thing for the new version - they are just gonna close that report and mark it as duplicate. WHAT'S THE POINT THEN? How in the world are we supposed to get your attention if you just forget about stuff and not fix it? I don't get it. 

42 minutes ago, dok_377 said:

It starting to look like Squad basically doesn't care anymore. They are not even trying to fix any critical bugs. You can't walk on any sloped surface anymore because of this bug, but ain't nobody going to fix that. This bug is confirmed, so you can't just change the game version in the report, and if you're going to create a new report stating the same thing for the new version - they are just gonna close that report and mark it as duplicate. WHAT'S THE POINT THEN? How in the world are we supposed to get your attention if you just forget about stuff and not fix it? I don't get it. 

Your issue just isn’t a priority, plain and simple.

18 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

Nobody's issue is a priority these days, no matter how serious it is. Kerbals getting killed for just trying to converse the terrain? Yeah, that's fine. Robotics doesn't work properly? Who cares, it's not like people paid money for this or something. Crafts sliding everywhere? No biggie. What is a priority then? Where is the line drawn? How do they expect people to play this game if it's broken in so many places and not a single fix is getting implemented is beyond me. The bug fix section in 1.9's change log is just a joke. Four months for this? What kind of workflow do they have? At this point it's just easier to accept the mindset of "they are done fixing any bugs people are finding, it's too hard for them" and be done with this game. They need to start fixing issues if they want people to enjoy their game. At this point it's hardly enjoyable, you just jump through hoops and doing barrel rolls to avoid bugs everywhere you go. This is not how it supposed to be at all. 

On 2/15/2020 at 5:53 AM, Satellitefanatic said:

Wow the apathy

Actually, it seems they care quite a bit.  Which is why they posted their complaints on a valid bug that should have been top priority.

Apathy is why I hadn't posted in the thread yet.

On 2/14/2020 at 10:38 PM, MechBFP said:

Not being able to successfully traverse across ground with player character.  Not a high priority.  Good to know.

Edited by klgraham1013

18 hours ago, MechBFP said:

You aren’t in the support sub forum. 

Am I looking for support? I'm just contributing to the discussion of the latest version. :P

18 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

No one else has reported this problem - I'm certainly not having it - so this may be on your end. If you use Steam, try validating your game files.

I do use Steam and I wiped the whole game. Uninstalled it, deleted the game folder completely (Stem initially doesn't do that). Perfectly clean installation. And yes, even tried validating game files. For some odd reason every time I do it after playing the game, it finds 47, now 48 files that need to be retrieved.

I don't know what I'm missing here.

I loaded up KSP 1.9 to see those shiny new textures and-

What in the world happened to the terrain around KSC!? At low settings it looks horribly grainy and pixellated. It looks great at high/ultra levels though, even if flying around on Kerbin at ultra settings produces a noticeable ripple spreading out from your POV where the terrain is going into maximum detail.

Did that horrible bug with the terrain introduced in v1.8.1 (i.e. the one that crashed the game pretty much every time you load anything landed on the Mun/Minmus and on one occasion recently forced me to do the terrible hold-power-button-until-PC-goes-off because it literally crashed my PC) get removed? I really hope so! I also hope that whatever is making the game run at half speed or even less every time I launch even a relatively simple rocket or plane or fly anywhere near terrain is fixed as this is a major annoyance in v1.8.1- even with all the terrain settings turned down and graphics settings much lower than I had in v1.7.3 with an identical save game and mod list.

1 hour ago, Arugela said:

This isn't showing up on steam on linux for me. Is there a way to get this update?! Is it not available for everyone?

Shutdown steam and restart your computer. Also make sure you don't have anything selected in the "Betas" section for the game.

=1 to the grainy grassfield around KSC. It's eye-breaking now. The previous smooth was much better.

Teleporting to a custom position makes the Kerbal sink in ground and sometimes burst (the told bug with running into hills).

Edited by kerbiloid