Kerbal Space Program 1.9: "There’s No Place Like Home” Grand Discussion Thread

UomoCapra

1 minute ago, MechBFP said:

Hence, set your altitude higher when using the set position cheat.

I don't need it, I just tell.

Also, as this happens to the runway, it should also happen to any building like VAB.
Then what altitude should one set not to fall down from the VAB height missing for a meter?

Maybe, the developers would check an object presense at the selected coordinates and add its height to the menu altitude.

6 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Maybe, the developers would check an object presense at the selected coordinates and add its height to the menu altitude.

It's the difference between closing an Issue and implementing a feature:

Issue #xxxxx : "implement a cheat allowing the user to arbitrarily reposition a landed craft on the PQS map".

Feature : implement a cheat allowing the user to safely move the craft to anyplace on the current planet without exploding the damned thing, by checking for obstacles and objects and preventing spawning the craft inside any existing collider.

The Developer did his job properly, the issue was closed. The QA team did their job properly, the issue was implemented as specified.

The Product Owner (or whatever they call the guy calling the shots there), on the other hand, failed while writing the requirements and specifing the task.

Edited by Lisias
tyops. as usulla.

I might be a little late to the 1.9 party....I'm running 1.9.1 and my old 1.8.1 save seems to load up just fine but when I try to switch to some landed vehicles on Laythe, several things with wheels fly into the air and gets destroyed.

Not everything tho. I have a plane and a tanker with wheels, they get destroyed every time I load into that area. I also have a 'base' with some hitchhiker pods that has wheels but it's unaffected. Also there's an ISRU lander without wheels that loads up just fine. But if I try and load any vehicle in that area (they are all in close proximity), the plane and the tanker fly into the air and get destroyed. 

On a side note I have a similar setup landed on Minmus, an ISRU on wheels and it loads up just fine. 

Is there maybe some global setting I can change to affect wheeled vehicles to tone down whatever is causing this crazy bounce upon loading?

(EDIT) image added to show the setup, this is from my 1.8.1 game save:

hZBqqAn.png

Edited by Eleven
typos and added image

On 3/16/2020 at 12:25 AM, Eleven said:

Is there maybe some global setting I can change to affect wheeled vehicles to tone down whatever is causing this crazy bounce upon loading?

You can use PhysicsRangeExtender, it fixes bounce when enabled.

P.S. My ground constructions placed on Laythe shore 30m from the water in 1.7.3 got spawned in the water in 1.9 and exploded.

Edited by Manul

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/18/2020 at 5:17 PM, Hebzepbiah Kerman said:

I actually never knew that the RE-M3 Mainsail was supposed to be the Ariane 5 Vulcain until this update. Nice revamps.

It was just meant to be a generic engine until it was revamped actually.

• 1 month later...