KSP 1.9 in face of KSP 2

Vegatoxi

On 2/20/2020 at 4:09 AM, DunaManiac said:

Am I the only one who has no idea what @Vegatoxi is complaining about? I am so dumb.

You have 2 same ideas with one of them better than other but spending resources for both in case that players obvious choose newest one and oldest one will be abandoned.

2 hours ago, Vegatoxi said:

You have 2 same ideas with one of them better than other but spending resources for both in case that players obvious choose newest one and oldest one will be abandoned.

Which I fail to understand why it's wrong and bad as you so vehemently claim it is. Besides, even if Take 2 wanted KSP1 to die out, why even spend resources on it anyways?

Edited by DunaManiac

7 hours ago, Vegatoxi said:

Homeworld Remastered.  Better graphics, better resolution choices (not limited to 1024x768 maximum res as in the initial release).  Everything better than original Homeworld release with the exact same gameplay and missions.  Yet what do I play most often when I get the Homeworld itch?  I pop in my original Homeworld CD that I bought on release day nearly 20 years ago.  Sure the textures look crap, the models are stretched (unless I play in windowed mode, which I hate), and I love it.  Interestingly enough, the Homeworld Remastered set also includes the original game as it was released all that time ago, untouched.  I still play from my original disc.  It doesn't matter that there's an EXACT same game, but updated for modern systems... I still play the original.

There are still lots of people out there that still play the original Homeworld, even with multiple generations-old visuals and resolutions.  I certainly will NOT abandon KSP1 after I buy KSP2, and certainly it's not "obvious" that "everyone else will abandon KSP1".  The responses you've gotten in this thread should make that clear enough.

If YOU want to abandon it, that's YOUR choice.  Don't try to force that choice on everyone else though, by making it seem like it's a foregone conclusion that since YOU won't play KSP1 anymore, then it's "obvious" no one else will.

Homeworld Remastered actually isn't the exact same game as the original. It looks like it on the surface, with updated graphics, but it's a different engine. Crucially, the new engine doesn't really understand the formations from the original, making them mostly useless and altering the available tactics for the worse. There used to be valid reasons to place your ion frigates in a wall formation or your interceptors in a claw formation or whatever, but now it's mostly about swarming the enemy before they can react.

1 hour ago, sturmhauke said:

Homeworld Remastered actually isn't the exact same game as the original. It looks like it on the surface, with updated graphics, but it's a different engine. Crucially, the new engine doesn't really understand the formations from the original, making them mostly useless and altering the available tactics for the worse. There used to be valid reasons to place your ion frigates in a wall formation or your interceptors in a claw formation or whatever, but now it's mostly about swarming the enemy before they can react.

Yeah, I know, but the differences, IMO, are minor and not worth talking about.  Certainly, the differences are less than the differences between KSP1 and 2.  The argument that Vegatoxi is making is that KSP1 and 2 are the same game but 2 is just updated.  

Anyway, my point was that just because a new, improved version of a game is released, it doesn't mean the previous version just gets abandoned.  He's just plain wrong on that count.  And frankly, if the developers want to continue supporting and updating the older game, who are we to say they can't?  They can do whatever they want to their game, and they don't really have to answer to anyone about it except their bosses and/or shareholders.  Lastly, I can't think of a single person, aside from Vegatoxi, who would actually COMPLAIN about an older game - ANY older game - continually being updated and supported, even when sequels have been released.

I know I won’t  be getting KSP 2 for a long time because: 

1. I can’t afford it

2. My computer can’t run it.

You can’t just assume everybody is infinitely rich or even has the willpower to get rid of the years of saves that players have put in.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.