Will KSP 2 have a wiki soon?

One thing I've always loved to do with Kerbal Space Program is plan my craft. It's dang fun, and even if all my wacky designs never actually pop off the drawing board, it's nice to be able to brainstorm.

The way that I was able to do that was memorize the KSP Parts catalog and just draw simplified versions of the parts, which worked splendidly. But for that I needed the KSP Wiki to show me what the parts' properties were. I was wondering if a KSP 2 Wiki is going to come out soon so I can start designing bases and all the cool stuff they showed in the cinematic trailer!

Thanks,

- QvestionAnswerNeeded

Edited by QvestionAnswerNeeded
Signature

7 minutes ago, QvestionAnswerNeeded said:

One thing I've always loved to do with Kerbal Space Program is plan my craft. It's dang fun, and even if all my wacky designs never actually pop off the drawing board, it's nice to be able to brainstorm.

The way that I was able to do that was memorize the KSP Parts catalog and just draw simplified versions of the parts, which worked splendidly. But for that I needed the KSP Wiki to show me what the parts' properties were. I was wondering if a KSP 2 Wiki is going to come out soon so I can start designing bases and all the cool stuff they showed in the cinematic trailer!

Thanks,

- QvestionAnswerNeeded

It will most likely have a wiki, with the same items and the new items.  But it will most likely be made AFTER ksp 2 gets released.  So if you want to brainstorm ideas before the game gets released. I can understand that, it's just that a lot of the items that will be in ksp 2 will mostly be from the original.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 9/28/2020 at 1:41 PM, Dr. Kerbal said:

KSP2 does have a wiki on Fandom

Yeah, but it will be theoretical and won't know anything about the game.

As for the KSP2 wiki, I'd say give it a month or three for a small one to show up, but a complete wiki won't be around for about a year. They still haven't gotten all of KSP 1.10 in yet.

• 4 weeks later...

@QvestionAnswerNeeded I actually believe that there will NOT be a KSP2 wiki but will share the same Wiki as the original Kerbal Space Program. First of all, the reason is because it makes things much simpler (its easier to manage one Wiki rather than two). Second of all, KSP looks like its on the road to becoming a franchise especially if KSP3 comes out. Third of all, there is nothing wrong with sharing one Wiki. Fourth of all, it will definetely be easier to obtain information of KSP2 if you just put the Information where the original KSP game is. sure the Wiki will need an massive update but still there can be 2 sections in the Wiki. Hope this answered your question.

@DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE KSP and KSP2 are two very different games, made by different developers. Why would they use the same wiki when there are so many differences between the two games?

KSP2 will have a brand new wiki made specifically for that game, containing all the details you need for all the new features that are being added compared to KSP (colonies, interstellar travel, multiplayer etc. etc.) plus all the changes to the 'existing' stuff that's being carried over from KSP. Putting them in the same place would only cause confusion when the information didn't match between the two games.