Grumman F-14B Tomcat (BG DLC/Stock)

Yaeah

So after fiddling with BG servos a bit more, I decided to give my F-14 some more love and completely visually revamp it.

I managed to greatly reduce wing flopping as a result of G-forces overpowering the small servos, so this should be a bit more enjoyable to fly.

Grumman F-14B Tomcat

Parts: 277

Weight: 29.9t

Length: 14.2m

Top Speed (asl): 315m/s

F-14B Tomcat on KerbalX

ftt7cFl.png

8yqVnjf.jpg

t14OUcC.jpg

8NwZ6lo.jpg

Edited by Yaeah

Recently replicas are way Better from what they used to be like 2-3 Years ago, and this F-14 Is surely a good rapresentation of what i mean. Good job!

In general i still don't like the use of solar panels or other parts to create a false cockpit, It replicates the shape Better for sure, but somehow it makes the Plane looks extraneus from kerbal world. The old school way of recreating a cockpit only with stock cockpits combined togeter or with other parts helped to feel the craft still a part of the kerbal world, Just like if It was a real Plane for Jeb and company that he could Jump in and really fly It.

Just my 2 cent. Maybe im somehow nostalgic.

P.s Sorry if there are typo errors, im on phone and english it's not my language. I Hope you understood what i wanted to Say.

On 2/15/2020 at 1:38 PM, eorin said:

Recently replicas are way Better from what they used to be like 2-3 Years ago, and this F-14 Is surely a good rapresentation of what i mean. Good job!

In general i still don't like the use of solar panels or other parts to create a false cockpit, It replicates the shape Better for sure, but somehow it makes the Plane looks extraneus from kerbal world. The old school way of recreating a cockpit only with stock cockpits combined togeter or with other parts helped to feel the craft still a part of the kerbal world, Just like if It was a real Plane for Jeb and company that he could Jump in and really fly It.

Just my 2 cent. Maybe im somehow nostalgic.

Thank you, I appreciate that!

I completely understand that. I usually to stick to using stock cockpits for the same reason, it seems more kerbal/in spirit of the game. In fact I think only 3 of my 17 posted craft use solar panels cockpits, but I think for some craft that I want to look as close to IRL within reason, I place aesthetics/performance above that. Some craft have unusual cockpit geometries where if a stock cockpit were used, it would really only detract from the quality of the replica. I think the Ah-1Z and Mi-24 are a good example of this in my case:

Vn41ub1.png?1

6TE6ZER.png

Edited by Yaeah

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...