OLD VERSIONS

artyland

Can developers put a way on steam to have all versions of the game ? We can find on the net the 6.0 to 18.1 (demo)

Especially the 0.17 on steam when we bought one copy of KSP....

Do not say that's illegal because it will be added to all previously versions available on steam.

Unfortunately we can't get versions before 1.0.5. on steam.

On 2/15/2020 at 10:04 AM, artyland said:

Can developers put a way on steam to have all versions of the game ? We can find on the net the 6.0 to 18.1 (demo)

Especially the 0.17 on steam when we bought one copy of KSP....

Do not say that's illegal because it will be added to all previously versions available on steam.

Unfortunately we can't get versions before 1.0.5. on steam.

I think you cannot get anything older than 1.0.5 on the Beta Program. But you can download them by brute force using the Steam Console.

You need to open a browser and then type on the URL "steam://nav/console" .

This will open steam with an extra tab, Console, on top right. From there you can type commands:

download_depot 220200 220201 7104947787544389563

This is the older manifest (the last big number) available on steamdb - if Steam has something yet older, it's not registered on steamdb but if you manage to find the manifest for it, you can use it to download it (is steam still have it).

The command above will download KSP (220200), PC 32bits version (220201), manifest from 13 November 2013 – 19:20:46 UTC that this page says it must be 0.22 (as it was released on Oct/16, and 0.23 was released in Dec/17).

https://steamdb.info/depot/220201/manifests/ (for PC 32)

https://steamdb.info/depot/220202/manifests/ (for OSX) 

https://steamdb.info/depot/220203/manifests/ (for linux)

https://steamdb.info/depot/220204/manifests/ (for win64)

— — POST EDIT — — 

The command line above was wrong. Thanks to @Nazalassafor the heads up (see below)

Edited by Lisias
Fixing a long standing error on the command line!!!!

17 hours ago, Lisias said:

I think you cannot get anything older than 1.0.5 on the Beta Program. But you can download them by brute force using the Steam Console.

You need to open a browuser and then type on the URL "steam://nav/console" .

This will open steam with an extra tab, Console, on top right. From there you can type commands:

download_depot 202200 202201 7104947787544389563

This is the older manifest (the last big number) available on steamdb - if Steam has something yet older, it's not registered on steamdb but if you manage to find the manifest for it, you can use it to download it (is steam still have it).

The command above will download KSP (202200), PC 32bits version (202201), manifest from 13 November 2013 – 19:20:46 UTC that this page says it must be 0.22 (as it was released on Oct/16, and 0.23 was released in Dec/17).

https://steamdb.info/depot/220201/manifests/ (for PC 32)

https://steamdb.info/depot/220202/manifests/ (for OSX) 

https://steamdb.info/depot/220203/manifests/ (for linux)

https://steamdb.info/depot/220204/manifests/ (for win64)

Thanks for that answer. Any way to have before 0.22 version ? I just wonder because the 0.17 is quite cool with atmosphere on Moho and magic boulder. 

If it's not possible through Steam, is it possible that someone give me the copy of this version and I have to show a proof of my  purchase on Steam ? (Is it illegal if the person and me bought the copy, and that person gave me the version ? )

3 hours ago, artyland said:

Thanks for that answer. Any way to have before 0.22 version ? I just wonder because the 0.17 is quite cool with atmosphere on Moho and magic boulder. 

As far as I know, nope. Sorry (I'm looking for them too).

3 hours ago, artyland said:

If it's not possible through Steam, is it possible that someone give me the copy of this version and I have to show a proof of my  purchase on Steam ? (Is it illegal if the person and me bought the copy, and that person gave me the version ? )

Not on a strictly legal way.

On USA there's a loophole on the law that can allow you to receive a copy of a software you are legally entitled to use no mater how, but AFAIK the guy sending you such a copy is not protected by this loophole. So, yeah, theoretically someone can be in legal trouble by providing you something you are legally entitled to receive. Go figure it out... :confused:

On other countries, you need to research the local laws. Some countries are specially draconian and even asinine on the matter.

In a way or another, Forum rules forbids discussing these alternatives ways here (they need to comply with the legislation of different countries, and this is the safest way to cope with them all). So even if you find a way and it's legal for you, please don't disclose it here.

Stupid laws are a pain in the SAS, but they are still the Law. :/ 

4 hours ago, Lisias said:

On USA there's a loophole on the law that can allow you to receive a copy of a software you are legally entitled to use no mater how, but AFAIK the guy sending you such a copy is not protected by this loophole. So, yeah, theoretically someone can be in legal trouble by providing you something you are legally entitled to receive. Go figure it out... :confused:

On other countries, you need to research the local laws. Some countries are specially draconian and even asinine on the matter.

In a way or another, Forum rules forbids discussing these alternatives ways here (they need to comply with the legislation of different countries, and this is the safest way to cope with them all). So even if you find a way and it's legal for you, please don't disclose it here.

Stupid laws are a pain in the SAS, but they are still the Law. :/ 

Well, I don't live in the USA. In my country, we have to own a digital or physic copy to have multiple versions of it. E.G: If I have a game like Mario Bros on my DS, and I downloaded the pirated ROM Mario Bros to stack it on a USB key because it is practice, I can. Same thing for sharing copies, the two people must have a original copy of the game (here it is more an official purchase from the steam Store or KSP webSite)

At least, thanks for your answer.

We can stay in contact if you research also this version... (If you want)

Edited by artyland

• 2 years later...
On 2/15/2020 at 4:23 PM, Lisias said:

You need to open a browuser and then type on the URL "steam://nav/console" .

Note: on linux it's likely it won't work, so if it doesn't work open a terminal and enter this command:

steam steam://nav/console

Except that all works as described by @Lisias (I have tried)

(for Linux the oldest manifest is KSP 0.19.1 btw)

Edited by Nazalassa
I tried!

• 4 months later...

download_depot 202200 202201 7104947787544389563

Also, an error, depot is 220200 220201, not 202200 202201 (you're not the only one to have done this mistake.)

browuser

(also this one)

Edited by Nazalassa
One more error

• 3 weeks later...

right I'm getting

Depot download failed : error downloading manifest 7104947787544389563 from cache3-lhr1.steamcontent.com/depot/220203/manifest/7104947787544389563/5/5617738502798083107 (File Not Found)

so could some of the files have been removed? I will try a depot downloader in a bit.

EDIT WITHIN A MINUTE:

it downloaded

Edited by Vincent392
the depot downloaded

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.