How do you get the 1.9 update?

Arugela

On linux on steam. Can't get the update. How do we get it to update?

Is anyone else having this issue?

I think they are trying to stop me. They know I can get my 1k tone cargo off eve!! YOU CAN'T STOP THE INEVITABLE!!!

Edited by Arugela

If you're playing on Steam, updates are generally automatic.  Try opening the actual Steam client, rather than just the game -- that should trigger an update check.

Make a backup copy of your Saves folder first, though, just in case; updating the game is likely to break one or more mods, if you use mods.

I got 1.9.0 from steam as usual as an update. (On an ubuntu 18.04)

If you don't get it when doing a fresh install via the steam client, then I'd guess that there is something wrong with your steam client. Do you see  the notice from the 12th February that 1.9.0 is out in your steam client? When selecting which beta version you want (or don't want) do you have the option of selecting 1.8.1 in contrast to "NONE - opt out"?

Edited by AHHans
fixed typo

validated the files and I have 1.9 now but it keeps saying that the two game expansion are invalide and something about mininmu/maximum. Trying to reinstall stuff to figure it out. Reinstalled the game once, but it's still doing it.

Wonder if it's a fedora thing. What could even go wrong with it? It doesn't update often.

https://imgur.com/a/rx2ZTY5

This is officially an error now. Thought originally the download was just delayed or something. Maybe to fix the new fuel part or something.

I think it thinks it's 1.8.1 still while having 1.9... I think I've seen something like this before.

I keep getting the same 2 file error in validation. Even if it went away and said it validated it. It comes back later. I have no mods that I know of..

Might have fixed it. I forgot steam doesn't actually delete things when uninstalling. Deleted the game folder and reinstalled. Edit: Almost.... still says the expansions aren't correct. Wait, that must be one of the side user files or something. It would be nice if it actually told you the files involved each time. Might speed this sort of thing up exponentially.... Information and transparency are fantastic for troubleshooting. It would probably point me directly to the files and file locations needed to fix this.:rolleyes:

Same two files probably invalid each time. Oh, I wonder what they could be? Nice if the stupid tool was actually designed to be useful to end user and not treat them like children and fricking display the information to people. Does valve not know how to write actual software?!

So, where does this lovely piece of software keep these extra files I may or may not need to manually mess with because they can't make it do it's job? That it continually refuses to tell me the location or name of.

I'm assuming there is a file outside the normal game file referencing the version number. Does anyone have any idea where it is?

And did the game loose the timestamps in the game showing the version inside the game. I thought that feature was added to the stock game.

Edited by Arugela

On 2/16/2020 at 4:18 PM, Arugela said:

I'm assuming there is a file outside the normal game file referencing the version number. Does anyone have any idea where it is?

You could try to delete "appmanifest_220200.acf" in the folder right above the folder containing all your Steam games.

• 2 weeks later...