Super small mun base

Hi , here is my challenge idea :

Build a base on the Mun , but each piece should be carried in service bays(2.5m) . It ads a lot of difficulties , like the modules cannot be taller than 1.3m . KAS can be used , but only to connect the station pieces together .

The base should : -Generate power  -Contain at lease 2 kerbals  -Have a 100% connection with Kerbin  -Have at least 5 science things  -Have at least 50 unities of monopropellant and oxidizer and 40 unities of liquid fuel  -Have a kerbal-controlled rover  -Have a docking port  -Look cool .

I think all is here ! I already have two modules on the Mun done . Here they are :1581842774-1.png1581842778-2.png

Still a lot of work to do ... Let's see what YOU can do !

Edited by Hdeedose

7 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

You make your base crew live in a coffin? 

7 hours ago, Kerbart said:

Only if they're good bois.

Of course ! Else , it wasn't fitting in the cargo bay (2.5m) . And I payed attention to close the coffin the best  I could . There are no holes . The big advantage to do that is that I can fit two kerbals inside .

Edited by Hdeedose

18 hours ago, Hdeedose said:

Build a base on the Mun , but each piece should be carried in service bays(2.5m) . It ads a lot of difficulties , like the modules cannot be taller than 1.3m . KAS can be used , but only to connect the station pieces together .

The base should : -Generate power  -Contain at lease 2 kerbals  -Have a 100% connection with Kerbin  -Have at least 5 science things  -Have at least 50 unities of monopropellant and oxidizer and 40 unities of liquid fuel  -Have a kerbal-controlled rover  -Have a docking port  -Look cool .

Probably not entirely what you had in mind, but my first thought at reading this challenge was 'I wonder if I can do all of that with a single 2.5m service bay?'

I present the RoverBase 2.5:

Surprisingly stable rover even on Kerbin, works well within the usual safeguards of lower gravity bodies. Easy to deliver to Mun or Minmus with a single 2.5m rocket stack.

1WU8mES.png

Anyone else get a distinct 'Machines' vibe from this?

Hz8DucE.png

All the comforts of home. Well, some of the comforts of home. Oh stop complaining or we'll dig out the Soyuz again.

Craft file: https://kerbalx.com/swjr-swis/RoverBase-25

More pics: https://imgur.com/a/VYf1L3U

Edited by swjr-swis
forum editing glitches

11 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

Probably not entirely what you had in mind, but my first thought at reading this challenge was 'I wonder if I can do all of that with a single 2.5m service bay?'

I present the RoverBase 2.5:

Surprisingly stable rover even on Kerbin, works well within the usual safeguards of lower gravity bodies. Easy to deliver to Mun or Minmus with a single 2.5m rocket stack.

1WU8mES.png

Anyone else get a distinct 'Machines' vibe from this?

Hz8DucE.png

All the comforts of home. Well, some of the comforts of home. Oh stop complaining or we'll dig out the Soyuz again.

Craft file: https://kerbalx.com/swjr-swis/RoverBase-25

More pics: https://imgur.com/a/VYf1L3U

That was absolutely not what I had in mind , but (almost) that's right ! All is in there , except that some parts are outside . But I think you can easily get rid of the wheels and put extendable solar panels inside the cargo bay . But mor me , it is "Mission accomplished" !

So , I finally finished my base (well , almost because KAS is still not updated for 1.9)

Fuel module (bottom left) and docking port and rover (docked together) in the middle .

1582039849-1.png

The coffin command pod was replaced and now have legs and a ladder .

1582039934-2.png

What's better than a service bay to do a rover ? This thing weights 0.7 T and can go to 10 m/s on Kerbin .

1582039958-3.png

I think I finished my challenge ! That was not very hard (mostly long) and I learned how to land in a specific spot . That's all right for me !

Edited by Hdeedose

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.