Estimated Minimum/Recommended Requirements?

MARL_Mk1

56 minutes ago, Lijazos said:

What do you guys would guess it would be for KSP2 hardware requirements, considering that we've been told it will work way better than standard KSP?

Well, no one really knows yet but if I had to guess...

At minimum... A computer with a power supply, a CPU, some RAM, mouse, keyboard, and monitor. Recommended would include a GPU

But seriously, no one has a clue but star theory says modern potatoes should be allowed

It may work better, but keep in mind that several years have passed. Nobody is going to create a game for mid-class computer from 2015 in 2020.

My pc is from 2016 and I don't expect ksp2 to work smoothly on ultra settings.

14 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

Was this what was asked?

also CPUs, the bottleneck, havent advanced clock speeds significantly in the past 5 years

Yes. OP asked for estimated recommended as well as minimum requirements. The recommended requirements should let you play at the highest graphics settings, or something reasonably close to them.

23 hours ago, Lijazos said:

What do you guys would guess it would be for KSP2 hardware requirements, considering that we've been told it will work way better than standard KSP?

If I had a nickel for everytime there was a thread that asked this...

Based on what KSP requires (with mods) it’s obvious that you need at least 16 GB of RAM, a 6-core processor and a GTX 1660 \ RX 590 level graphics card at least.

Edited by OOM

First, stock ksp 2 should work better than modded ksp 1, on a decent machine.

Second, ksp 2 minimum requirements will probably be higher than (or equal to) recommended for ksp 1.

It's 2020, let's be reasonable. This game is going to be heavy on hardware, no matter how much you lower the graphics settings. 

If this gets the requirements of only, I'm quoting, equivalent of core i5 and 8 gigs of RAM, I'd be more than pleased.

But I can imagine that at least 16gb would be needed. We don't know how the game would utilize the cpu so we don't know if it needs single core power, or multiple cores or...

What if they make KSP2 a mobile app with a micro transaction business model >,<

you never know! Plans change... the silence and delays make sense now! XD

3 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

uhh... why? This is both obvious speculation (touted as specific knowledge) and completely incorrect

KSP is single threaded and clock speed matters more than threads

It's all?
or something else besides this

On 2/17/2020 at 4:42 PM, KSK said:

Yes. OP asked for estimated recommended as well as minimum requirements. The recommended requirements should let you play at the highest graphics settings, or something reasonably close to them.

The problem in KSP is that the requiremets scales with the size of the ships and stations. 
kmPzLEHh.png
This thing tend to create lags. 

Now KSP2 will have better performance but I expect the station you launch the starship from will have some lag, 
If you scale stuff up, obvious idea with the starship was 1+6 asparagus :) 

The benefit of KSP is that its not an like an shooter there lag and low frame rate will get you killed and is mostly an gameplay issue trying to dock large ships who is already sluggish to maneuver   i
We will also get trust under real warp who will help a lot during long burns.