Can not get the ps4 to update to 1.9

I have kerbal on the pc and it updated a few days ago, but I have it on ps4 with all the dlc and I can not seem to get it to download the update!
Is there a way to force it? Have tried completely removing the game and re-installing so far no go. Do I need to do a complete console reset? (rather not try that unless it will fix the issue). 

29 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

The console versions of the game lag a couple versions behind.  Consoles won't be seeing the 1.9 update likely for several months.

When I got the game with all the dlc on console I assumed it was kept up to date with the pc build. God I hate developers treating the console versions as after thoughts :(
Are you 100% sure on this? and months? (pessimistic or actual?)

Worse case I just shelve the game and if it is to be months, make sure I dont purchase a Squad game again* (while resisting the urge to buy the dlc again but this time for pc....dont like putting money into the pockets of developers that do this, plus I doubt the pc build has controller support)

*This may sound harsh, and like I am ranting but it is said calmly. Can not continue to support developers that leave a platform in limbo for months, weeks would be annoying but meh...months...nope

EDIT: just looked at the main thread....has the console version really not been updated since July of last year? that cant be right?

Edited by mrgreaper

25 minutes ago, mrgreaper said:

God I hate developers treating the console versions as after thoughts

The only way around this would be to make the PC users wait when they wouldn't have to.  Squad doesn't develop the console version.  A separate company takes the PC version and ports it to the console.  This takes time and money, so there's a delay.

26 minutes ago, mrgreaper said:

plus I doubt the pc build has controller support

It does.

I know it's frustrating, just please understand that it isn't done maliciously.  I agree that the console version of this game could have been handled better, but the delays aren't done on purpose.  If Squad wanted to screw over the console players, they simply would have paid for the port the first time and just forgotten about subsequent versions.

Also remember how many games out there don't provide updates at all.  You paid for it, you got it, and that's all there is.  No new features.  No new shiny parts.  Nothing extra.

Regardless of how long you have to wait for the 1.9 update to the console... you still didn't pay an additional fee for the update.

43 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

The only way around this would be to make the PC users wait when they wouldn't have to.  Squad doesn't develop the console version.  A separate company takes the PC version and ports it to the console.  This takes time and money, so there's a delay.

It does.

I know it's frustrating, just please understand that it isn't done maliciously.  I agree that the console version of this game could have been handled better, but the delays aren't done on purpose.  If Squad wanted to screw over the console players, they simply would have paid for the port the first time and just forgotten about subsequent versions.

Also remember how many games out there don't provide updates at all.  You paid for it, you got it, and that's all there is.  No new features.  No new shiny parts.  Nothing extra.

Regardless of how long you have to wait for the 1.9 update to the console... you still didn't pay an additional fee for the update.

Just re-installed the game on my pc, figured I would have a look at the new features and debate buying the dlc again. To be clear there is no controller support. could not even close the messages on the main menu. Tried starting a new game and no control pad support there either. Weird thing is the game is built on unity so porting control pad support/ui from the console should be a doddle. My experience of unity is purely at a hobby level but I have created a mobile app with a complicated UI that worked flawlessly when ported to the pc (hell the whole app did I just had to change the build target)....not saying that porting a game as complex as ksp would be the same but ui and controller support should be easy. 

On making the PC users wait... I see your point but it should not be more than a week or two behind...patch the pc version then port the changes to the console version, if the source code for the two are drastically different then something is wrong somewhere down the line specially as its a unity engine game (is 1.9 out for linux?). Yeah not done with malice, just with indifference, which while not as bad is still infuriating. 

Still I am shouting into the wind, they have my money and I doubt they care one hoot about one users opinion. Have removed kerbal 2 from my steam wishlist though.

Stuff like this just really annoys me, spent extra on rebuying the game on console to support this type of game (a rarity on console) I got the dlc at the same time. Now I find that Squad have zero regard for the console version users. Yes I know in a stupidly long time the ps4 version will catch up, but I dont feel like playing an outdated version of the game while I wait, plus when we get 1.9 what version will pc be on?

On 2/19/2020 at 2:02 AM, mrgreaper said:

Have removed kerbal 2 from my steam wishlist though

You really aren't hurting Squad with that - totally different developer for KSP2.  And while Take Two owns the KSP franchise rights now, they didn't back when KSP was originally ported to console.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2020 at 4:53 PM, mrgreaper said:

I have kerbal on the pc and it updated a few days ago, but I have it on ps4 with all the dlc and I can not seem to get it to download the update!
Is there a way to force it? Have tried completely removing the game and re-installing so far no go. Do I need to do a complete console reset? (rather not try that unless it will fix the issue). 

We will not get 1.8.1 or 1.9.0 for a month or two. Sorry

On 2/18/2020 at 6:17 PM, mrgreaper said:

When I got the game with all the dlc on console I assumed it was kept up to date with the pc build. God I hate developers treating the console versions as after thoughts :(
Are you 100% sure on this? and months? (pessimistic or actual?)

Actual. SQUAD has always been a PC scriptwriter, and yes, it frustrates Xbox that we have to wait, but hey, look at Beta players, they get games real early, and you see no outcry from regulars about it. As for what you were saying about SQAUD not really caring about Console, they do, but we don’t see it much, because they fix bugs in the PC script, and a lot of times, they cannot port all of those changes. I felt this way for a while, then I realized what they try and do, and how hard it is to please everyone.

On 2/18/2020 at 6:57 PM, Geonovast said:

I agree that the console version of this game could have been handled better, but the delays aren't done on purpose.

It hurts to hear that KSP 2 will also be this way, Private Division has stated they “are going to port it over a Little Later, as so the PC players don’t have to wait. So sadly, this case will be the same, and console players will rage.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/29/2020 at 3:25 PM, Flip665 said:

Console version is years behind, not several months.  V1.11 on ps4 and grossly unplayable with the anti rendezvous bug.

I don't think you're right here man, I play on the ps4 and I currently am on v.1.6, not 1.1

On 2/19/2020 at 11:02 AM, mrgreaper said:

Just re-installed the game on my pc, figured I would have a look at the new features and debate buying the dlc again. To be clear there is no controller support. could not even close the messages on the main menu. Tried starting a new game and no control pad support there either.

Just to be really clear, it takes just a few minutes to set up a controller in the settings menu.  Also, I have a 6DOF 3D mouse for CAD systems that I use in KSP.  Not difficult at all.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.