Sun Diving Probe Survival

I have a question about the ability of one of my probes to sundive and get readings to complete a mission.  Can someone give me an opinion as to if this probe will survive a sun (Kerbol) dive to just under 1,000 km?  It has no heat shield.  I would never have left it off so... it must have just detached at some point, all by itself...

Anyway :) here is a pic of the craft with a few stats pulled up:

Screenshot%202020-02-18.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/AuqUC85

This is the last task for this probe.  All it hast to do is transmit the measurements and stay in orbit a few more days so I don't need my engines any more.  I was thinking about pointing the RL-10 towards the sun and moving all of the fuel into the tank closest the engine.  Will that work?

What makes me worried is that inclination, 60° around the sun is A LOT. But it's green so I assume you've done that, and now you're just going down towards your doom the sun.

1000km, I never know if that's far enough from the surface or not, but I know one thing for sure: when my probe reached the point of 500-something km, when the sun covered more or less half of the screen, which was "low in orbit" my radiators had to constantly work at full power. Heatshield wouldn't help you much I don't think.

So if your altitude is higher, you should be fine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.