Apparently Private Division will be at PAX East.

MARL_Mk1

Mentioned in another thread and I think it's likely also:  If they don't have info, they are probably running behind & it will be closer to the end of the year at best.  Private Division has more than just KSP2 going (Ancestors & The Outer Worlds according to their website), so it could be any of three or even something totally new.

15 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Someone plays Borderlands :D

Star Theory is their name. And yes I'll not get very excited until I hear they'll actually be there.

Actually I'm a "screaming firehawk." Aka a "The Expanse" fan. But "Star Theory" keeps confusing me for obvious reasons.

I understand the fear of running hype like no mans sky and then under delivering, but this lack of communication with the fan base is ridiculous. I get that we can be a rabid bunch and many might be back seat programmers but you would hope they might run a couple of the features by the fan base before it's out of alpha to get an idea of base support. Really hope we get ANY news about the games progress as it's been almost half a year and were about 1 month away from the original launch date. Even if progress got pushed back by a couple of months you would think advertising would have already begun...

I think there's a fairly strong chance KSP2 will be at Pax East.  Good job to the folks who found it on the map, it's a pretty substantial area, and I think this means that they're going to be demoing something on the show floor.  Now, they have multiple studios currently working on games, but Obsidian just wrapped up on Outer Worlds and Panache did Ancestors, so I'd be a bit surprised if either of them were ready to announce something new, let alone demoable (although the website says that Obsidian has an unannounced game, that may just be an out of date reference to OW).  There's V1 studios, which is working on an unanounced project.  Not familiar with them, fairly new studio, so it's possible that they may have something to announce, but whether it's also demoable is the thing.  But right now, if you look on Private Divisions site, Kerbal Space Program seems to be the most prominent franchise in their portfolio (they mention it in their profile before any of their other studios) so I think it would be stranger for them to have this booth presence and not have KSP2 available, at least to press if not attendees.  And who knows, maybe they can expand into all of those booths that Sony will be leaving vacant! :P

The old folks here are pr

On 2/18/2020 at 9:48 PM, Kerbart said:

PD is T2's Indie label. What you want is Star... Helix? Whatever they're called. They are the ones writing KSP2.

The old hands in here are more likely to think of Star Division.  Though I doubt many in these forums were around for that standoff, it was a very prominent name for a decade and more.

Star Office was the great white hope for those railing against the growing MS monopoly, hoping for competition and a fair market for consumers.  If anyone has heard of or is using LibreOffice in 2020, you can thank Star Division for both the code base and the underlying movement.

Remember that PD is just the publisher and KSP2 is one of several of titles. So there's a chance we won't get anything.

That said, aside from an Outer Worlds and/or Ancestors DLC I can't see much other reason for them to be there aside from KSP2 news so I am allowing myself to get a little excited.

5 minutes ago, Master39 said:

End of the speculation?

Clearly. A couple of things have also changed significantly since the thread was started; Star Theory is no longer an entity and has been absorbed by Private Division, and PD has broken radio silence around KSP2 development. And these announcements of course. As much as there was absolute no reason to assume there would be anything KSP2 on PAX East previously, that has now turned 180°, which is only good!

20 hours ago, Kerbart said:

Star Theory is no longer an entity and has been absorbed by Private Division

Is this true? Do you have a citation?

Their PR only says that they’re starting a new studio with a few (3?) members poached from Star Theory.

Edited by Guest

6 hours ago, Brikoleur said:

Is this true? Do you have a citation?

Their PR only says that they’re starting a new studio with a few (3?) members poached from Star Theory.

No, but that's what at the time I posted that seemed to be the case before PD released their statement. Hindsight is 20/20.

On 2/22/2020 at 8:34 AM, Dragon01 said:

So, anyone going there and feeling like enough of a buzzkill to tell them metallic H2 doesn't work? :) 

I would pay money to see that XD

On 2/22/2020 at 3:37 AM, Master39 said:

87166460_3013677455318125_85738117572172

End of the speculation?

Where did dat pic come from? :0

On 2/22/2020 at 9:02 AM, MechBFP said:

Ignore this lol

@_@ 

4 minutes ago, Master39 said:

KSP Facebook page

So it's not fan art? Wow. I was sure it was based on how they moved the waypoint marker WEST from where KSC normally is. I'd have placed it maybe on that peninsula over the big ocean we dump our early stages in.