[1.9.x] KeyShine v1.5.1

Niami

This addon is a fork of Battlemooses' which hasn't been changed since KSP 1.5 and none of the other contributors are active on it AFAIK. I wanted to bring it back and update it further.

The download is available on Cursforge here - https://www.curseforge.com/kerbal/ksp-mods/keyshine

The source code is available on Github here -  https://github.com/NiamiTV/ksp-logirgb/

There is now also a dev thread which I will be using to discuss progress and suggestions

Feel free to report issues, suggest features or contribute yourself!

This work is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation -  https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html

Changelog :

(v1.5.1 29/03/20) Bugfix:

• removed a line of code that spammed the console
  • fixed incorrect file structure

(v1.5 29/03/20) Minor Update:

• Now the altimeter (F1-F8) changes depending on if your altimeter is set to ground altitude or sea altitude.
  • A small patch for Corsair compatibility (still not fully functional).

(v1.4.1 26/02/20) Structure change:

• changed structure of archive to simplify installation

(v1.4 25/2/20) Rebrand to KeyShine:

• Rebrand!
  • Throttle keys change colour with throttle

(v1.3 20/2/20) Revival:

• Splashdown animation
  • warnings for low resource on gauges

Edited by Niami
V1.5.1 release

Welcome to the forum, @Niami!

Congrats on refreshing and releasing a mod.  However, we do have some rules for posting mods that we need all mod makers to follow.  Things like source code links, proper display of licenses, etc.  Please see this post for the full Add-On Posting Rules and make the appropriate changes to the original post of this thread.  Thank you :)

5 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

Welcome to the forum, @Niami!

Congrats on refreshing and releasing a mod.  However, we do have some rules for posting mods that we need all mod makers to follow.  Things like source code links, proper display of licenses, etc.  Please see this post for the full Add-On Posting Rules and make the appropriate changes to the original post of this thread.  Thank you :)

Thanks! Will fix it ASAP.

Edited by Niami
text was in wrong field

Any particular instructions or configuration needed to *allow* this to work? My first attempt at dropping it into a 1.8.1 game didn't do anything (yet) :D

Edit: Oh-- look at that. Splendid. No idea what I *literally* did, but I fiddled around a little in the keyboard controller app, and added this particular install of KSP to the profile detection, and gave it a default scheme. This one took over immediately upon launch. Not sure if I even needed to do that. :)

Edited by Beetlecat

33 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

Any particular instructions or configuration needed to *allow* this to work? My first attempt at dropping it into a 1.8.1 game didn't do anything (yet) :D

Edit: Oh-- look at that. Splendid. No idea what I *literally* did, but I fiddled around a little in the keyboard controller app, and added this particular install of KSP to the profile detection, and gave it a default scheme. This one took over immediately upon launch. Not sure if I even needed to do that. :)

Interesting, I'll have to add that to the instructions :D

Thanks for the tip! I have a profile like that as well so it must be needed. 

Just now, vardicd said:

Oh, that's cool. I use a Corsair K95 platinum, will that work with mine? Is it any RGB keyboard?

It's only Logitech now but I will try get more keyboards added. I only recently forked it to revive this mod so stay tuned :D 

• 2 weeks later...

I have continued work on KeyShine to add corsair compatibility. Would someone following this thread with a corsair keyboard like to test it? I don't have a corsair keyboard

Edited by Niami

• 4 weeks later...

Version 1.5 Released!

• Now the altimeter (F1-F8) changes depending on if your altimeter is set to ground altitude or sea altitude.
  • A small patch for Corsair compatibility (still not fully functional).

Note: Since this update, Logitech users will no longer need to create a KSP profile in LGHub, it will take over all profiles that have SDK integration enabled.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I can't seem to get it working on my g815. I've tried everything I can think of, including different versions of the Game or Mod, reinstalling G HUB, rebooting, using and not using a deidcated profile for ksp. Any advice?

1 hour ago, JuFo2707 said:

I can't seem to get it working on my g815. I've tried everything I can think of, including different versions of the Game or Mod, reinstalling G HUB, rebooting, using and not using a deidcated profile for ksp. Any advice?

Are you sure you have "Allow games & applications to controll illumination" turned on in G Hub settings?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.