You're the last person on Earth, what do you do?

Mikenike

Last person. Not the last human. So last sentient on earth. There's probably a lot of people out there, but they're out of reach (try designing, building and launching a rocket, more or less from scratch, all by yourself). Even if there's some robotic help, soon the maintenance back log kicks in and I'm quickly out of energy. And food (ok, I can loot easily, or grow stuff. But again, on my own, without any help ? I'm a broken ankle from death by starvation. And I do not even know how to fix a broken ankle. So, falling from too high is a death sentence).

I'll probably enjoy the quiteness, just before killing myself. There's no point on being the last sentient around. And I cannot reach for the stars. Might as well stop everything.

Yeah, welcome to my world of depression people, it sucks.

I wouldn't have to grade exams any more! No more grading term papers, and no putting up with students falling asleep in lecture.

Ah, that would be paradise! So I would:

• Find a local library with a lot of books. I love to read.
  • Stock up as much fuel, food, and weapons I can.
  • And as @Just Jim said, wait for the vampires, zombies, or aliens to try to capture me.

I would sit down and play Ksp for years until I can document all the bugs. After reporting all the bugs, I would realise that no one from squad exists anymore and that I would have to play the buggy mess forever. I would then detonate all of the nuclear bombs in the world, one by one. Soon, the world will be covered by ashes and I will be laughing like a mad scientist.

On 2/22/2020 at 11:59 AM, Okhin said:

I'll probably enjoy the quiteness, just before killing myself. There's no point on being the last sentient around. And I cannot reach for the stars. Might as well stop everything.

Yeah, welcome to my world of depression people, it sucks.

I am pretty sure that everyone would have done that eventually. I would probably get crippling depression after a few hours of existing, with no one but my dog and a few chickens. I might eventually muster up the courage to kill myself.

That's what would most likely happen IRL, but if I were going by the rules these people were going by (infinite fuel, infinite knowledge, immune to sadness) I would blow everything into something, with the power of the atom, but not before exploring around and seeing if there are ALIENS IN AREA 51!

Edited by Dirkidirk
14 year old cringe mostly removed.

I would............

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Do

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Nothing

Edited by Nigel J. Cardozo

You would.............

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

be nesting the spoilers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2020 at 9:16 PM, Dirkidirk said:

I am pretty sure that everyone would have done that eventually. I would probably get crippling depression after a few hours of existing, with no one but my dog and a few chickens. I wouldn't know what to do but sit there, walk around, be sad, and scared. I might eventually muster up the courage to kill myself.

That's what would most likely happen IRL, but if I were going by the rules these people were going by (infinite fuel, infinite knowledge, immune to sadness) I would blow everything into something, with the power of the atom, but not before exploring around and seeing if there are ALIENS IN AREA 51!

YEAH! THATS THE SPIRIT!!!! Over at R&D, someone got sucked into a portal. The last thing we heard before the portal disappeared was “ANOMALY AT AREA 51!” and a bunch of giants running up to poor Kilo.

• 1 year later...

I would get a bunch of Liebherr mobile cranes, excavators, loaders, and other construction equipment, and have some fun lifting stuff and digging dirt. Also, I would take a bunch of Lego sets and play with them. Then I would play KSP for a while, and see where it goes from there!

Acquire fuel and get a large enough helicopter to carry supplies, then fly around and probably crash.

Maybe a mi-24 because you can never have enough rocket pods and ATGMs.

CA2-E3-B65-8743-420-F-87-B1-3-A41941-B17

Edited by Stormpilot

I'd set up an indoor garden so I know I will have food. Probably try to find an electric aircraft somewhere that I can fly around the country. I'd turn off the city lights - don't need them, and I like to see the stars. I'd make some messages for any aliens visiting in the future, and store them somewhere in Canada. Not sure how long the internet will be running, so I'd better download as much as I can right away.

On 2/23/2020 at 9:16 AM, Dirkidirk said:

I might eventually muster up the courage to kill myself.

Pretty much. There isn't anything else to do anyway (and no-one else to do things with - as well as for - you), and at some point you'll die sooner or later.

Even if I don't end up killing myself voluntarily that means I'd have to learn to use a boat or use an airplane, I live on an island and otherwise I can't get anywhere else (failing that it's still a pretty large island). Might still end up killed trying things, but at least it's somewhat fun. Would have to grow food, maybe get some fuel (speaking of which, you'd have to take from the tanks directly so still a chance to be killed) and electricity (generator, then PV and batteries if available, might get electrocuted). Honestly the one thing you'd really need to do is to get really clever and make sure everything can run autonomously - or at least while it wouldn't run it can keep shut and/or keep stuff from going wrong. Will have to take on creating the only remaining "news" - weather and advance warning. Only after that one can think of doing things they always wanted to do, but honestly doing that to the entire world alone is going to take time.

idk. Hence taking the short route isn't that unthinkable, to be fair.

• 4 weeks later...

Stop worrying about all the artificially imposed stresses created by the uber captalistic, you can't be happy without money, modern society. And just enjoy life, for as long as it may last.

• 6 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.