• 0
Nofist

Test RT-5 Flea booster not working despite doing everything right

Question

I'm really having a hard time with this. It specifies that I need to activate through the staging sequence. I get green checks for kerbin, flying, altitude 47k to 55k meters, and 240m/s to 370m/s

I use a liquid engine to get to that height and manage my speed, when I get all the other green checks to light up I decouple the liquid engine and it's fuel tanks and I activate the RT-5 Flea but the mission does not complete. What am I doing wrong?

 

I am running on a standard Xbox one and have not changed any controls. I just bought this last night so there shouldn't be any updates I'm missing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Are you staging?  In other words, is the flea separated from the main vessel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Are you staging?  In other words, is the flea separated from the main vessel?

 I activate the stage when all requirements are met. I am not decoupling the flea from my vessel if that's what you're asking, I only decouple the engine that got me to that height

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, Nofist said:

 I activate the stage when all requirements are met. I am not decoupling the flea from my vessel if that's what you're asking, I only decouple the engine that got me to that height

Ok, i don't play on the XBox, but try to not decouple the engine, and also remove all the fuel from the flea, see if that helps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 2/22/2020 at 9:21 AM, Nofist said:

I'm really having a hard time with this. It specifies that I need to activate through the staging sequence. I get green checks for kerbin, flying, altitude 47k to 55k meters, and 240m/s to 370m/s

I use a liquid engine to get to that height and manage my speed, when I get all the other green checks to light up I decouple the liquid engine and it's fuel tanks and I activate the RT-5 Flea but the mission does not complete. What am I doing wrong?

 

I am running on a standard Xbox one and have not changed any controls. I just bought this last night so there shouldn't be any updates I'm missing

If you’re still stuck I spent a good long while on this one and was able to do it by launching straight up (liquid rocket engine and 2 solid boosters attached), and then decoupling at just the right spot to be at the correct m/s at that altitude, rotating horizontal and then firing the flea at the right altitude.

You’ll probably have to do it a few times to get the height just right but it’s how I was able to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

This specific test mission is actually well known for being finicky, and in some cases, impossible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.