Test RT-5 Flea booster not working despite doing everything right

Nofist

I'm really having a hard time with this. It specifies that I need to activate through the staging sequence. I get green checks for kerbin, flying, altitude 47k to 55k meters, and 240m/s to 370m/s

I use a liquid engine to get to that height and manage my speed, when I get all the other green checks to light up I decouple the liquid engine and it's fuel tanks and I activate the RT-5 Flea but the mission does not complete. What am I doing wrong?

I am running on a standard Xbox one and have not changed any controls. I just bought this last night so there shouldn't be any updates I'm missing

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Are you staging?  In other words, is the flea separated from the main vessel?

I activate the stage when all requirements are met. I am not decoupling the flea from my vessel if that's what you're asking, I only decouple the engine that got me to that height

2 hours ago, Nofist said:

I activate the stage when all requirements are met. I am not decoupling the flea from my vessel if that's what you're asking, I only decouple the engine that got me to that height

Ok, i don't play on the XBox, but try to not decouple the engine, and also remove all the fuel from the flea, see if that helps

• 1 month later...
On 2/22/2020 at 9:21 AM, Nofist said:

I'm really having a hard time with this. It specifies that I need to activate through the staging sequence. I get green checks for kerbin, flying, altitude 47k to 55k meters, and 240m/s to 370m/s

I use a liquid engine to get to that height and manage my speed, when I get all the other green checks to light up I decouple the liquid engine and it's fuel tanks and I activate the RT-5 Flea but the mission does not complete. What am I doing wrong?

I am running on a standard Xbox one and have not changed any controls. I just bought this last night so there shouldn't be any updates I'm missing

If you’re still stuck I spent a good long while on this one and was able to do it by launching straight up (liquid rocket engine and 2 solid boosters attached), and then decoupling at just the right spot to be at the correct m/s at that altitude, rotating horizontal and then firing the flea at the right altitude.

You’ll probably have to do it a few times to get the height just right but it’s how I was able to do it.

• 1 month later...

On a Xbox one X        It’s more than finicky,  I’ve try more times than I can count and have tried by staging, by pressing run test, no fuel, one percent of fuel, pointed downward, horizontal it just doesn’t matter...  once you have all the conditions with green check marks and stage it should work....  And  the flea isn’t the only engine that acts this way,  hammer does the same thing.  The only engine test contract that has worked so far was an experimental engine that had to achieve escape velocity. So far any other engine test with multiple parameters just fails...  And honestly on the Xbox these parameters need to be a little more lenient as you just can’t move that quickly due to the way the controls are setup

Edited by Dew169

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.