KSP warship challenge

I am currently thinking about making a YouTube series in which kerbals will fight in space and on the ground, however building such large numbers of custom spaceships could take months so I am holding a competition. I will pick the best vessels from this form and I will attempt to make a series for them they must be in at least one way related to a ksp war ie corvettes battleships cruiser etc and if mods are used must be listed below.  The  2 Final    Rules are that your ship can't have more then 1000 parts and it has to be able to exist without Unbreakable joints and no  Crash damage as Then I wouldn't be able to blow them up.

Make sure to link your craft file and pictures and let the competition begin!

Since you're asking for warships, which will not be fun without mods. 

This is the one I already finished, called S0, still needs some fixing and improving

https://ibb.co/2crp5n8

And the another one called NS is still under construction, about 10% complete, due to mod errors for Ubiozur welding 2.5.4, I can't really tell when this will be completed. This is based on a description of a capital ship in my favorite sci-fi novel.

https://ibb.co/T8VDJcN

https://ibb.co/PZd2y64

only the command deck and some walk ways are build... far from complete.

If this satisfies the conditions, I will start sending craft files and mods I use...

11 hours ago, Fenceingmadman said:

That's very cool these capital ships will most certainly make a appearance.

Um... I wonder how do you classify these ships ? I consider the first ship as a cruiser (1450m long, 1 megaton), and the second one (when finished ) a battleship (estimated saucer diameter around 700-800m, 1500-2000m long with engine nacelle and around 3 megatons).

however, some ships that classifies as a battleship in a sci-fi might just be a frigate in another sci-fi... and I need to figure out what is the best scale...in fact the first one is already so large that I have to extend the scale of TweakScale...

Edited by SynX

19 hours ago, Fenceingmadman said:

Good question i would put this on a similar scale to eve online.

I don't play EVE online (although heard it's a great game). can you tell me more about it please?

also my warships were designed for making videos of my retribution to my favorite sci-fi novel... but I'm glad to help you anyways... I got Kerbal about half a year ago... game time is probably less than 200 hours

Edited by SynX

Frigates 50-100meters

Destroyers150-200meters

Cruisers 300-500meters

Battlecruisers 450-700meters

Battleships 600-1000meters

Light Carriers 500-800meters

Heavy carriers 1000-1200meters

This gives you tonnage and some more specialized classes

https://www.eveonlineships.com/eve-ships-list.php

This gives you ship sizes but not classes so you'd have to cross reference from both of them

(This is a bit old and wont have all the ships but it has most)

Plus try eve online it's free (mostly).

15 hours ago, Fenceingmadman said:

Frigates 50-100meters

Destroyers150-200meters

Cruisers 300-500meters

Battlecruisers 450-700meters

Battleships 600-1000meters

Light Carriers 500-800meters

Heavy carriers 1000-1200meters

This gives you tonnage and some more specialized classes

https://www.eveonlineships.com/eve-ships-list.php

This gives you ship sizes but not classes so you'd have to cross reference from both of them

(This is a bit old and wont have all the ships but it has most)

Plus try eve online it's free (mostly).

The scale is just what I had expected  and logical...however 
There isn’t really a need for specified carriers in space, any large ship with a hanger can become an aircraft carrier . All of my warships have hangers, which they could act as carriers straightaway. Since unlike naval ships, which is basically 2 dimensional design, and under the significant influence of gravity which even the largest ships needs entire of its deck for the runway. Although spaceships are similar to naval vessels (large tonnage, longevity), there are still differences. There is no need for runway in an environment without gravity and not much limit to a ship’s size besides radiating heat... Of course there will be ships are specialized for something, like artilleries, missiles or fighters. Also, I think the best classification of spaceships is based on tonnage instead of length...

Amongst the ships I’m planning, there are 1 battleship (the largest one), 4 cruisers and a special ship. All of them will be modular.

thank you for the link though

Edited by SynX

2 hours ago, Fenceingmadman said:

A few things

1 As for @SynX comment In eve carriers have other functions than just being hangers they can refit other ships and repair the min larger hangers i believe this is why they get there own class

2 @XLjedithere are eve mother ships They are called titans

Yep. But this is KSP, not EVE. We need to think and construct the kerbal way, which will slightly differs from EVE. I don’t think a EVE ship will work properly without significant changes in kerbal though

• 1 year later...

THE EXPANSE SHIPS - 100% STOCK

I’ve  been Building The Expanse I’m on console using Series X but I’d be happy to collaborate on having a PC  KSP player and/or modder to recreate it so that it can be shared for the whole community! More on my XBOX profile gamer tag: KindPie1994

https//youtube.com/user/APMo2

https://youtu.be/Y-bZGyX-Fsg

On 2/26/2020 at 12:36 PM, XLjedi said:

Now... I have never played Eve online...  but I have played Homeworld.  

Is that not the "Mothership" from Homeworld there at the head of the pack?

Is the Eve universe tied to Homeworld?  I did not know that.

On 2/26/2020 at 12:36 PM, XLjedi said:

Now... I have never played Eve online...  but I have played Homeworld.  

Is that not the "Mothership" from Homeworld there at the head of the pack?

Is the Eve universe tied to Homeworld?  I did not know that.

Kerbal Space Program > Eve Online for sure

...but is that the Mothership from Homeworld?   

Is Eve Online somehow tied to the Homeworld storyline?

2 hours ago, Max von Kerman said:

Kerbal Space Program > Eve Online for sure

Edited by XLjedi

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.