A hand shaped like a oven mitt... could it work?

Spacescifi

9 minutes ago, Spacescifi said:

Oh yes it has bones and muscles, looks human, just the skin and hair are colors humans don't have.

so, a severely mutated human with with weird skin, weird hands and weird hair. or do they have and don't have other things that make them severely less human, like two hearts and a regenerative brain?

Just now, Dirkidirk said:

so, a severely mutated human with with weird skin, weird hands and weird hair. or do they have and don't have other things that make them severely less human, like two hearts and a regenerative brain?

No need for two hearts and a regenerating brain. Two hearts only offers an advantage if not connected, so the other can be used as backup, otherwise they both clog up at the same rate more or less.

28 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

"This sounds upsetting..."

Reveal hidden contents

160548161.jpg

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/animals-with-more-than-one-heart.html

No real need for a humanoid to have multiple hearts unless a spare backup. The octopus has multiple hearts doing separate duties that our one heart does combined all by itself.

It is not as if one of the octopuses heart's fails it can still function.

3 hours ago, Spacescifi said:

No need for two hearts and a regenerating brain. Two hearts only offers an advantage if not connected, so the other can be used as backup, otherwise they both clog up at the same rate more or less.

Two hearts: a secondary heart can be a boon by helping pump blood back up from lower extremities, as well as increasing blood flow during fight-or-flight conditions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pak_Protector

4 hours ago, magnemoe said:

Knew I had this image somewhere. 

RBFeGC2h.jpg

O

After seeing that pic I have decided to scrap the idea. Visuals do wonders.

Yet the main reason is cause the human body has far too many nooks and crannies that only fingers can reach and attend to properly as far as hygeine goes.

I am not going to get graphic but I think you understand.

On 2/28/2020 at 7:43 AM, kerbiloid said:

Now that is weird, heard of them before.
As I understand its an known condition who can also affect hands, its just very common in that tribe because they tended to always marry inside the tribe. 
For hands it would be bad disability but VaDoma can walk an run just well and I think it might make climbing easier. 
Finding shoes who fit would be an challenge however. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.