Place your bets! When will KSP2 be released!?

Place your bets! When will KSP2 be released!?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. KSP2 will be playable by the general public by what date? (This can an open beta stage but must not be restricted to small groups of testers.)

• Q2 2020 (April-June)
    • Q3 2020 (July-Sept)
    • Q4 2020 (Oct-Dec)
    • Next year Q1
    • Next year Q2
    • Next year Q3

KSP2 will be playable by the general public by what date? (This can an open open beta stage but must not be restricted to small groups of testers.)

Try your guessing luck/skill and I might make a badge prize for the winners XD 

Edited by Guest

I'm going with my most pessimistic prediction; first quarter of next year (So wouldn't that be Q1 2022 actually? Since Q1 2020 also includes parts of this year? Sheesh now i know why finance is an industry.)

Why? Because if it releases in Holiday 2020 i'll be pleasntly surprised; or if it is chock full of bugs i'll just pretend it didnt release until Jan-Feb 2021 and play some of my backlog. And if in the worst case it's released in something like March 2021? Then i guess i'll just have more time for KSP1, and all the mods i haven't messed with yet.

there is an astronomically small chance it will be released in Q2 2020, a slight chance it will be released in Q3, It will probably be released In Q4 2020 - Q1 2021, If PD don't get their act together, It will launch in Q2 2021, and If the producers of KSP2 REALLY take their time to make the ABSOLUTE best game possible (shouldn't take an entire year tho), or just spend that time doing nothing, we'll see it enter steam in Q3-4 of 2021!

now an example of an EXTREMEPESSIMIST™, and an EXTREMEOPTIMIST™.

3 hours ago, fragtzack said:

2022 summer

actually it's gonna be released in Q2 2026, the date we go back to the moon, although If we are really lucky, we will see it launch with starship (into orbit), in 2023.

14 hours ago, mattinoz said:

1st of April

actually your gonna see it at TOMMOROW, although If we are really unlucky we will see it at DAY ONE OF SPRING!

Never.  It's pure vaporware, with a flashy con job to build hype until they can sell a bunch of pre-orders and disappear into the mists with all our cash and nothing to show for it.

Now, whenever they do release it, it will be a better than expected.  It's a win-win!

On 2/23/2020 at 6:07 AM, Incarnation of Chaos said:

first quarter of next year (So wouldn't that be Q1 2022 actually? Since Q1 2020 also includes parts of this year?

I believe calendar Q1 2022 will be Take Two's fiscal Q4 2022.

On 2/23/2020 at 10:07 PM, Incarnation of Chaos said:

I'm going with my most pessimistic prediction; first quarter of next year (So wouldn't that be Q1 2022 actually? Since Q1 2020 also includes parts of this year? Sheesh now i know why finance is an industry.)

Well im not talking about financial years O_o just normal quarters. So a year for this poll is just Jan to Dec. (Q1 is Jan to Mar etc...)

Or have I been using it wrong all these years? @_@ are there normal quarters? XD

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

My estimate is early June. They say soemtime in spring, and after Fiscal Year 2020 (in other words, after March). It could technically be any day, but it's likely to be May or June.

Edited by LittleBitMore

My estimate would be late fall.  Software development time is very unpredictable, and as the release dates so far have been vague, I would guess that the developers are going to use up every ounce of time they can get.

it might possibly come this spring, could come this summer, high chance of it coming out this fall to late winter, it could come next spring, and if the creators get replaced three times in a row and private division forgets to give them money for 3 straight months then NEXT summer or fall, and anyone that thinks that ksp2 will most likely come out in 2022 probably thinks that starship will launch to orbit in 2024 and that we will go to mars in 2100. aka an EXTREMEPESSIMIST™.

Edited by Dirkidirk

On 4/3/2020 at 10:17 AM, Krulliam said:

When it's done.

I think it'll be released well before it's done, with another two years of updates to make it into the the originally envisioned 'done' state.

That's the way all great sandbox games seem to go.

Unless COVID-19 does anything, the only current regulations are "spring" and "after march (end of financial year)", meaning the release could be any day but is probably during June.

I think it's safe to say that unless COVID-19 screws things up, it will be here before July.

1 hour ago, LittleBitMore said:

Unless COVID-19 does anything, the only current regulations are "spring" and "after march (end of financial year)", meaning the release could be any day but is probably during June.

I think it's safe to say that unless COVID-19 screws things up, it will be here before July.

COVID-19 will probably screw things up, but I'm going to guess it will arrive here by the holidays (end of 2020). Private Division might push them to release it by the holidays to improve their profits to make up for the lost productivity/money that COVID-19 is causing, and because of that it might not be a "complete" game, (they may not deliver all of their promises on release day).