Something everyone would like for ksp 2.0 and ksp 2

Already talked about this on the ksp2 discussion, but I also would like to see ksp1 with it, underwater parts, making underwater bases, hybrid submarine-plane ships, exploring underwater with friends on luna multiplayer and more things, ksp has a really nice looking underwater but nothing more, no corals, volcanoes, nothing,  just sand and ships that need a lot of ore to dive or a really good design, imagine ballast tanks, underwater propellers, underwater bases and more things, I can just imagine a rocket landing near to a shore on eve, Laythe or Kerbin and deploying a small submarine that explores the ocean, then docks back and leaves, how amazing would that be, but for now we dont have that, we have space parts, air parts, land parts, but wheres water parts? I will be really happy if I ever see "ksp 2.0 - 3.0" etc "the underwater update".

1 hour ago, Sol469 said:

Already talked about this on the ksp2 discussion, but I also would like to see ksp1 with it, underwater parts, making underwater bases, hybrid submarine-plane ships, exploring underwater with friends on luna multiplayer and more things, ksp has a really nice looking underwater but nothing more, no corals, volcanoes, nothing,  just sand and ships that need a lot of ore to dive or a really good design, imagine ballast tanks, underwater propellers, underwater bases and more things, I can just imagine a rocket landing near to a shore on eve, Laythe or Kerbin and deploying a small submarine that explores the ocean, then docks back and leaves, how amazing would that be, but for now we dont have that, we have space parts, air parts, land parts, but where are the water parts? I will be really happy if I ever see "ksp 2.0 - 3.0" etc "the underwater update".

I think you mean "ksp 2.1" or "ksp 2 1.1". but yeah, I would like to be able to build a submarine and shove it into the oceans of laythe.

1 hour ago, Sol469 said:

exploring underwater with friends on luna multiplayer

Luna? do you mean the mun, OCEANS ON THE MUN!

33 minutes ago, Goaty1208 said:

They should add submarine update on ksp 1.9... (it is still not out on xbox):)

didn't 1.9 already release? I think you mean "KSP 1.10". 

Spoiler

but yeah, I hope they add subs and other things water in the next update.

20 hours ago, Dirkidirk said:

didn't 1.9 already release? I think you mean "KSP 1.10". 

Hide contents

but yeah, I hope they add subs and other things water in the next update.

No, 1.7.1 I think, we haven’t gotten MOAR boosters, or any site revamps, or graphic updates yet.

On 3/2/2020 at 11:52 AM, Goaty1208 said:

They should add submarine update on ksp 1.9... (it is still not out on xbox):)

They won’t add anything new for Xbox version without testing it on PC first.

8 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Best use with submarine parts.

Imho, a Buoyancy upgrade would be very good, with submersibles and airships API improvements

I do not remember where I read it, but there was something about underwater habitations mentioned. This led me to speculate that maybe one of the new worlds we will gain in KSP2 will be a water world. That would imply some sort of buoyancy change and parts crafted for underwater/inhospitable atmospheres (since both are similar)/lack of atmosphere worlds. I think that's what we will see a lot of - parts which are crafted to have more than one purpose. It would make a lot of sense from a programming aspect since the more use a part is, the less parts you have to have to serve in that function.

Airships would be fun, too.

• 2 weeks later...

The natural successor to 1.9 is 1.10, not 2.0. Version numbers are not just decimals. They can have tens or hundreds or even thousands of sub-versions of the same version. I.e. Minecraft is on version 1.15.2 or something.

Edited by Pds314

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.