[1.8.1]Stork Delivery System [SDS] (v.0.0.5.0 - Mission Control, the BIGGER Stork has landed!)[08 Mar 2020]

zer0Kerbal

Do you want more sizes?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want more sizes?

• to fit 1.875m and smaller
    • to fit infinity... and... beyond?
    • now that you have 7.5m versions, do you want 15m versions?

Download on SpaceDock, Github or Curseforge
Available on CKAN.

Stork Delivery System (SDS)

This is the new thread. Original thread here.

zer0Kerbal adopts for curation the mod known as Stork Delivery System (SDS)
by Kermangeddon industries.
Created by
@riocrokite

A Payload parts mod that Delivers your big cargo to the planet surface without flipping!  Vertical frames with integrated legs for interstage and planetary delivery.

Kermangeddon Industries

Mod Version KSP version KSP-AVC License CC BY-NC-SA 4.0
Spacedock CKAN Github Curseforge

A Payload parts mod that Delivers your big cargo to the planet surface without flipping!

Author

Stork Delivery System [SDS] adopted for curation by zer0Kerbal Originally created by riocrokite

Kermangeddon Industries Stork Delivery System (SDS)

Description

Vertical frames with integrated legs for interstage and planetary delivery.

Mod characteristics

• allows you to deliver tall 2.5m or 3.75m diameter parts to planet surface thanks to 6m long, extendable legs.
  • [NEW] introducing the Jumbo sized models - capable of handling 5.0m and 7.5m parts. (24m and 14m tall)
  • lightweight - reusing same textures wherever possible
  • integrated approach - one integrated part for frame and legs to increase stability and reduce part count

AniGif

Example usages:

Delivery of cargo trucks (with an assistance of JebPush TM at the end:))

View full album

Warnings or 'cabin sticky notes'

• When placing engines above center of mass be sure to either lock gimbals or not use SAS because of KSP bug {you might try to solve it using Tweakable Everything mod and reversing thrust of engines that are above center of mass}
  • Avoid rocket/jet blast directed at the legs when they are extended. Prolonged blast will destroy the frame.
  • Extending process take some time so you have to account for that when preparing to land.

Installation Directions

• Use CKAN (best way) — or —
  • Before installation please delete StorkDeliverySystem folder in KermangeddonIndustries catalog. (GameData/KermangeddonIndustries/StorkDeliverySystem/)
  • Then copy .zip content into your GameData folder.

Changelog Summary

See ChangeLog for full details of mod changes

Requires

Suggests

Supports

68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f5964596653744e2e6a7067

License

Stork Delivery System is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license, which in layman's terms means:

• You are permitted to use, copy and redistribute my work as-is.
  • You may remix your own derivatives (new models, alternative textures, etc.) and release them under your own name.
  • You may not use the material for any commercial purposes.
  • You must use the same license as the original work.
  • You must credit the following people when publishing your derivative: riocrokite (Stork Delivery System).
  • All bundled mods are distributed under their own licenses
  • All art assets (textures, models, animations) are distributed under their own licenses

Content originally created by riocrokite.

forum thread

68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f524534507072392e706e67 68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f6d306137746e322e706e67 68747470733a2f2f692e706f7374696d672e63632f525a4e79423576502f446f776e6c6f61642d4f6e2d43757273652e706e67

SOURCE: GitHub
License:
CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 CC BY-NC-SA 4.0
badge.svg
v0.0.4.0 original: 17 Jul 2018 zed'K | updated: 24 Feb 2020 zed'K

Edited by zer0Kerbal
*sheepish grin*

reserved for current changelog:

@zer0Kerbal zer0Kerbal released this 08 Mar 2020

Kermangeddon Industries

KSP version KSP-AVC License CC BY-NC-SA 4.0

Version 0.0.5.0 - Mission Control, the BIGGER Stork has landed!
[KSP 1.8.1]

• [NEW] introducing the Jumbo sized models - capable of handling 5.0m and 7.5m parts.
  • corrected tweakscale scale module in short from 2.5 to 3.75
  • corrected several small typo's in the localization dictionary
  • updated to new KERBALCHANGELOG formating (hopefully I got it right this time :o )
  • ghostparts.cfg introduced. original three parts have had their internal part names changed. this file should prevent any Kraken attacks.
  • added automatic GitHub action: Validate AVC .version files and corresponding shield to Readme's

Kerbal Space Program 1.8.1

Validate AVC .version files

Edited by zer0Kerbal

reserved for past change logs:

Spoiler

for Kerbal Space Program 1.8.1

Kermangeddon Industries

Version 0.0.5.0 - Mission Control, the BIGGER Stork has landed! [KSP 1.8.1]

• [NEW] introducing the Jumbo sized models - capable of handling 5.0m and 7.5m parts.
  • updated to new KERBALCHANGELOG formating (hopefully I got it right this time :o )
  • ghostparts.cfg introduced. original three parts have had their internal part names changed. this file should prevent any Kraken attacks.
  • added automatic GitHub action: Validate AVC .version files and corresponding shield to Readme's

@zer0Kerbal zer0Kerbal released this 24 Feb 2020

Spoiler

Kermangeddon Industries

Version 0.0.4.0 - Mission Control, the Stork has landed! [KSP 1.7.3]

• License: CC BY-NC-SA 4.0
  • converted to use Localization - translations welcomed through GitHub Push Request
  • file structure and modernization
  • added Kerbal Changelog
  • added Readme
  • created github repo
  • created SpaceDock entry
  • created CKAN entry
  • created Curseforge entry
  • created Forum post
  • created .json
  • modernized part.cfg
  • BulkheadProfiles corrected to bulkheadProfiles
  • ModuleToggleCrossfeed
  • formating
  • tweakscale stack (if TweakScale not installed won't affect anything)
  • adjusted category: from structural to Payload
  • many little changes to patches/parts

Kerbal Space Program 1.7.3

version = 0.0.3.0

Spoiler

- >>-- adoption by zer0Kerbal --<<
- under KGEx in-pipeline-process

version = 0.0.2.6

Spoiler

- -----0.2.6---
- updated version to KSP 1.3.0

version = 0.0.2.5

Spoiler

- -----0.2.5---
- updated version to KSP 1.2

version = 0.0.2.4

Spoiler

- -----0.2.4---
- updated version to KSP 1.1.2

version = 0.0.2.3

Spoiler

- -----0.2.3---
    change = fixed attachment nodes vectors for KSP 1.0

version = 0.0.2.2

Spoiler

- -----0.2.2---
- updated required tech (CTT compatible)
- changed directory structure to be consistent with MFS mod

version = 0.0.2.1

Spoiler

- -----0.21----
- fixed slight mesh glitch in medium legs

version = 0.0.2.0

Spoiler

- -----0.2------
- moved up center of mass for legs to avoid situation when they reverted to horizontal position even from horizontal one
- slightly raised mass of every part to balance them against stock truss and landing legs mass (also joints are a little stornger now but you still need minimal amount of struts)
- fixed mesh problems
- added decoupler function to stork legs (in the middle point where you normally mount cargo) so you don't need to add additional separator/decoupler to them
- changed stork decoupler to two-side separator to enable clean separation (might be important if you reuse other parts of rocket)

version = 0.0.1.0

Spoiler

- ------0.1------
- Initial release:
- 3 parts (short, medium frame with legs and bottom decoupler)

Edited by zer0Kerbal

11 hours ago, leatherneck6017 said:

I totally forgot about this. I used it quite a bit when I first started out in KSP. Thanks for reviving it!

welcome. will attempt to add additional sizes. don't think  a Tall version is warranted, but a 7.5m and 15m version probably. will see what shakes down.

10 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Done. Thank you for this and the other thing.

+2 :rep:

3 hours ago, Getsome2030 said:

Hi, interesting mod need to try it.

Just a couple of things though: The Github download link at the top of the page goes to the 'Not So Simple Construction' Github Page. KSP Version 1.9 compatibility? 

Thank you.

+1 :rep:

*sheepish grin* I blame it on copy degradation. :o Too much time spent in MoarKerbals.

Should be - try it and find out. :o

in all seriousness, I set it to 1.7.3 so that there was a version out there for 1.7.3 (which is the new 1.61; which was the new 1.4.5; which was the new 1.3.1 ...)

My normal dev test install is currently 1.8.1 - and it runs fine; but still /YMMV/

37 minutes ago, Syrius said:

I was also going to ask about KSP 1.8x comparability. :)

excellent question. see above.

Also working on the official 1.8.1 release - which will have *knocking on wood* new parts in this mod.

23 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

excellent question. see above.

Also working on the official 1.8.1 release - which will have *knocking on wood* new parts in this mod.

Thank you for your continued care for this mod. I have not had a chance to test it out, but glad to know it works and you have an upgrade in the works.

If I had more time and skill I would try my hand at modding... 

6 hours ago, Syrius said:

Thank you for your continued care for this mod. I have not had a chance to test it out, but glad to know it works and you have an upgrade in the works.

you are welcome. :blush:

two upgrades in the works. will release them about a week or two apart. Have to have time to let players shake out any (if) and all changes that might need to be made.

6 hours ago, Syrius said:

If I had more time and skill I would try my hand at modding... 

I have no skill, certainly not in modeling. See my signature about hammers. :o;):sticktongue::cool:

1 hour ago, Syrius said:

I would likely be a modeler if I did mods... would look to a coder to help it out.. lol

don't get me wrong, pretty much anybody can learn to use blender/unity to create models/textures. enough utube vids out there showing how. The question is how good. same thing with coding. they only way to learn is do. Hopefully you try. :D

• 2 weeks later...

for the seventeen (17) users :

:D

Kermangeddon Industries

Version 0.0.5.0 - Mission Control, the BIGGER Stork has landed! [KSP 1.8.1]

• added automatic GitHub action: Validate AVC .version files and corresponding shield to Readme's (thank you @DasSkelett @HebaruSan)

Edited by zer0Kerbal

56 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

Not on this mod only in particular, but most of your mods are targeted (also on Spacedock) to KSP1.8.1. Any reason they are not marked 1.9.1 compatible? Is there some known incompatibility, or is it just that you have not tested them for 1.9.1? I understand that in Spacedock, the version is supposed to be the highest version supported (and then CKAN or KSP-AVC via the version file tell you if the minimum version is too high for your KSPversion, in case you don't run the latest). Not a criticism, just trying to understand :) And by the way, thanks for rejuvenating so many mods (about a bit more than 20 now, right?)

2 hours ago, Joal ban Kluane said:

not tested them for 1.9.1

this. I don't support above or below the version I am playing on. I am currently playing on 1.8.1, and am initially releasing things for 1.7.3 because that is the last stable version according to some.

The only thing I have compiled in 1.9.1 is a private recompile of hyperspace - just because.

and I am also trying to make sure there is a version for each version - so those who are not playing on the latest because things like RO et al aren't available on the latest.

For this one in particular, I will let it go for a spell and probably release 0.0.6.0 for 1.9.1 with another set of legs sometime this month.

Doing things this way might be painful for the users, but it allows me time to listen, adjust (if possible) and correct things.

Well, ~30 published - or so. I have many, MANY more in the pipeline (nearing 100). Next up is to update Transparent Command Pods (which includes updating to a more automated build process).  Nothing compared to @linuxgurugamer - who's list is approaching 300(ish) and growing.every.day. :o

this is not a promise - just things that am working on for myself, it does include mods that are published/released and many that aren't and it isn't a comprehensive list.. Some are in the adoption pipeline, and am waiting for permission (if needed) out of respect.

Some (Like ScrapYard! and OyScrap!) are in a private beta - soon to be public like B9StockPatches.

Some (like SimpleLogistics, MoarKerbals, FTF, FTL, ODFC, Biomatic are awaiting updates to the code by me (and others))

if you are looking for something in particular - just ask and I will consider it.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.