Early Access for KSP2 ?

Actually, judging from the fact they're still showing "pre-alpha" content, then I'd expect the April (or whenever) release to be EA, whether it's called by that name or not. Two months before release they really should have more than that, with late alpha or early beta content, at least.

What you can do in two months is go from alpha to late beta, and that's what I'm expecting to happen. Of course, they could have a grand fanfare and a flashy release post, but as anyone who remembers KSP1.0 knows, this doesn't really mean anything.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

I think we all want

Well, looking at these comments, it is apparent that you thought wrong.

Spoiler

I do want them to release as soon as possible, but only if the amount of kraken attacks, lag and bugs is less than the amount in KSP 1. I think most of us don't want an unfinished product.

Edit: clicked the link. You probably should have mentioned that you want an early access, not the full game.

Edited by Dirkidirk

That's a no from me also.  Sure I'd be a little depressed if it did not come out until 2021 but as long as solid progress is being made by talented and passionate folks like those seen in the last dev vlog then I'm okay.

Further, the last five years have left me with a substantial amount of Early Access Fatigue so I'd rather get a product that is at or at least near feature lock by the time we get our hands on it.

No from me too. Early access is about presenting a rough version of a new idea and iterating on it with fans to make it better. KSP2 is about taking a really good idea with a big fan base and lots of battlefield testing and making a better version of it, with bells on. It's not a good candidate for EA.

1 hour ago, Dragon01 said:

Actually, judging from the fact they're still showing "pre-alpha" content, then I'd expect the April (or whenever) release to be EA, whether it's called by that name or not. Two months before release they really should have more than that, with late alpha or early beta content, at least.

What you can do in two months is go from alpha to late beta, and that's what I'm expecting to happen. Of course, they could have a grand fanfare and a flashy release post, but as anyone who remembers KSP1.0 knows, this doesn't really mean anything.

Yeah I agree but they now said the game is going to be released next year cause the devs think it is too big

Nah, AT MOST a single early playable demo or something, but even that I don't really agree with. Let them develop the game and release it when ready. I don't care even if they have to delay to 2025, I am willing to wait for a proper game.

1 hour ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Yeah I agree but they now said the game is going to be released next year cause the devs think it is too big

Again and again, no. Fiscal Year. Don't any of you people pay taxes? It's been delayed a month at most. It just crossed the fiscal year boundary, which has some very important consequences for accounting (hence why the shareholders had to be notified), but is otherwise unremarkable.

13 minutes ago, Dragon01 said:

Again and again, no. Fiscal Year. Don't any of you people pay taxes? It's been delayed a month at most. It just crossed the fiscal year boundary, which has some very important consequences for accounting (hence why the shareholders had to be notified), but is otherwise unremarkable.

They haven't yet announced a release date, and they've just transferred the project to a brand-new studio which they haven't even finished setting up.

If it's only been delayed a month, I'm eating my space helmet.

25 minutes ago, Dragon01 said:

In the interview that was aired yesterday from PAX, the devs said that (a) they were planning to release "several" videos showcasing various parts of the game and that (b) those videos would be coming out "every month or two". Folding those together, the most optimistic timeline for release would be 4-5 months from now, so late summer/early fall, and quite possibly next winter. Still within FY21, but not "April". 

Still not a year, but that does sound more likely. Well, we'll see whether that's enough for a decent closed beta phase.

At any rate, I really hope they show up here and start taking feedback from the community. Preferably before the release. I have a feeling that the forums are only monitored by PR staff, and the devs are isolated from the actual community.

8 hours ago, VoidCosmos said:

We want a polished game. Not quick unplayable garbage

Technically speaking, you're falling into the same trap as the OP: assuming your opinion is representative of everybody. Assuming I substitute "early access" for "quick unplayable garbage", I can definitely point out the OP as a counterexample. Granted, he/she likely doesn't want quick unplayable garbage either, he/she just has a different idea of how we should get there.

To actually get a good idea, you'd need to conduct a poll, and even then, you're going to be biased by where the poll is. Post the poll here? You're biased towards the opinion of forumgoers.

What I can say is that I'm one of those people who's wary of early access these days, and KSP 2 is not IMO a good fit for EA, as the general ideas are already there ("KSP, but better"), it just needs good execution. There's a lot of player feedback from KSP 1 that's already going into KSP 2.

17 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

I think we all want to play as soon as possible no matter how big the kraken infestation is. Petition

As some posts said, how do you know that we want the game urgently? I am really willing to wait and I know that some users over here are also willing to wait. What say?

Edited by VoidCosmos

My vote, no not at all, preferably no early access either, only one final beta test. 

Early access slows things down, complaints them, ensures resources are being added to the access and releases..