Kerbal Space Program 1.9.1 is live!

UomoCapra

Hello everyone!

Kerbal Space Program 1.9.1 is live!

This patch focuses mainly on solving issues encountered in the base game and both the Making History and Breaking Ground Expansions

Check out this patch's Changelog for further details:

=================================== v1.9.1 ============================================================
1.9.1 Changelog - BaseGame ONLY (see below for Making History and Breaking Ground changelog)

+++ Localization
* Fix Drain Value Resource Names Localization in PAWs.

+++ Bugfixes
* Fixed an NRE when the warning "Warning No Control!" and player was able to click another facility while the dialog is open.
* Fix altimeter dropdown in flight from being locked under certain incorrect conditions.
* Fix some issues on Kerbin texture atlas for Ultra Detail Shader.
* Fix broken propellant tooltips for abbreviated propellant names in stage icons.
* Reverted Wheel Friction and Brake changes to 1.8.1 behaviors.
* Fix Ground physics material settings for EVA kerbal interactions. Stop that sinking feeling.
* Fix for kerbal helmet safety not being applied after cheating a vessel to airless world
* Fix unable to drag maneuver nodes on future patched conics.
* Fix Set position cheat overheating vessels set into position within an atmosphere.
* Fix error in Intake air resourceDefinition config that marked it as drainable.

=================================== Making History 1.9.1 =================================== 

+++ Localization
* Fix unlocalized text in the Intermediate Tutorial.

+++ Bugfixes
* The VAB and SPH should not be open in the stock Meet me in Zero G mission.

=================================== Breaking Ground 1.4.1 =================================== 

+++ Bugfixes
* Fix non-motorized robotic parts being free moving.

Remember that you can help us find bugs/issues by reporting them into our bugtracker and that you can also upvote reports to make them more visible.

Happy launchings!

5 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

* Fix error in Intake air resourceDefinition config that marked it as drainable.

And just like that the most Kerbal thing possible vanished. Jebediah sighs a sigh of relief.

Edited by prestja

Nice. BTW does anyone have an MM patch they could link to for fixing the terrier problem that causes it to explode when entering an atmosphere because of the “21” typo?

Or rather can anyone confirm if that is fixed in the parts database or not with this version?

38 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

?

This https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/24848 I'd assume.

7 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

* Fix for kerbal helmet safety not being applied after cheating a vessel to airless world

I'm probably a bit dense here, but is this about https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/24871 ?

I don't see anything mentioned about "cheating" in that (confirmed) bug report. Is that issue #24871 solved or not?

3 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Interesting how they've posted this in two places...

It's a wise move, IMHO.

They need a P/R safe announcement to be linked by the media at the same time they want to keep an open and friendly (or the most friendly possible) channel to get frank and (almost) uncensored feedback from the users - and more than often, these two requirements are mutually exclusive. :sticktongue:

We don't wash our laundry on the media. But, still, we need a place to wash our laundry. ;) 

14 minutes ago, VoidSquid said:

This https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/24848 I'd assume.

I'm probably a bit dense here, but is this about https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/24871 ?

I don't see anything mentioned about "cheating" in that (confirmed) bug report. Is that issue #24871 solved or not?

Yes 24871 is the bug that was fixed for helmets yes

6 minutes ago, TriggerAu said:

Yes 24871 is the bug that was fixed for helmets yes

Hey @TriggerAu, and sorry to be obnoxious, but allow me the question: why does the change log say "after cheating" when nothing in the bug report mentions any "cheating"?

Or, in other words: will this issue - exploding Kerbal heads - still happen as per the bug report when players are NOT cheating into that described situation?

The devil is always in the details :D 

Edited by VoidSquid

Just now, VoidSquid said:

Hey @TriggerAu, and sorry to be obnoxious, but allow me the question: why does the change log say "after cheating" when nothing in the bug report mentions any "cheating"?

Thats not obnoxious, its good to chat. The changelog says that "from memory" because the repetition steps involved using the SetPosition "cheat". probably a bad choice when reading back from the changelog. apologies

1 minute ago, Stamp20 said:

R.I.P. infinite thrust.

42: Moar Boosters! :D 

Just now, TriggerAu said:

its good to chat.

Just now, TriggerAu said:

The changelog says that "from memory"

Err... what do I miss here? I just read

7 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

Can't find the words "from memory" here?

3 minutes ago, TriggerAu said:

From my memory , sorry - its early where i am

All good, thanks for clarification!

And it's a bit late where I am, lol, I actually understood memory = RAM, thanks and good night :) 

Edited by VoidSquid

Yay for fixing the broken maneuver nodes (only the very first one worked properly).
That one was massively annoying I almost stopped playing to wait for 1.9.1.

Shame that the 150t tiny asteroid problem remains unfixed (gotta be a trivial fix, no?). This just means I can't be bothered to try any of my class-C (and smaller) asteroid contracts (of which I have 5 right now).

42 minutes ago, dok_377 said:

Still waiting, Squad. Still waiting. 

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/24844

We have given a try to this and other symmetry bugs. Unfortunately we are limited by the design of the symmetry code. Fixing these issues will require rearchitecturing the symmetry code. We have a task in our backlog for this but we can't promise any dates yet. 

1 minute ago, nestor said:

We have given a try to this and other symmetry bugs. Unfortunately we are limited by the design of the symmetry code. Fixing these issues will require rearchitecturing the symmetry code. We have a task in our backlog for this but we can't promise any dates yet. 

Strange. It was working well in 1.7 (apart from the other bugs) and refused to work after 1.8 was released. Was there a significant change somewhere in Unity or maybe in the game itself that I don't recall?  

1 minute ago, dok_377 said:

Strange. It was working well in 1.7 (apart from the other bugs) and refused to work after 1.8 was released. Was there a significant change somewhere in Unity or maybe in the game itself that I don't recall?  

I don't know the code myself but probably fixing another symmetry issue caused this issue since we are running with the limitations of the symmetry code I described. The long term solution is what I described before but unfortunately it's going to take longer.

3 minutes ago, dok_377 said:

That’s what happens in software when you fix one bug, you end up creating another one (or 3 if the code hates you).