Kerbal Space Program 1.9.1 is live!

UomoCapra

20 minutes ago, Satellitefanatic said:

There is still hope kerbonauts
If one has the breaking ground DLC, the engine controllers can be set to either ludicrously large values (e.g 2000% thrust), or negative values (e.g -1%)
Negative thrust provides fuel replenishment and does nothing other than that, thus allowing perpetual flight.
Here is danny2462's video on it.

Watch it get fixed in the next version because of this video.

On 2/29/2020 at 9:03 PM, Curveball Anders said:

As long as you make a backup of your current install first, it'll work.

Ok, the usual procedure then, copy the work folder back to the steam directory, upgrade, copy the steam directory to a new work folder, keep fingers crossed :D 

Edited by VoidSquid

On 2/27/2020 at 2:53 PM, UomoCapra said:

Fix unable to drag maneuver nodes on future patched conics.

GREAT. I realized nice node precise controlling in panel beside navball, but thanks for making second node active again.

On 2/27/2020 at 2:53 PM, UomoCapra said:

Fix non-motorized robotic parts being free moving.

Does it means, that my truck, created in 1.8 with free unmotorized joint to attach semitrailers will work again as expected? So I don't need replace these trucks over Kerbol system with new ones? If yes, GREAT again.

Please, fix sliding of vessels with grip pads attached. My ISRU facilities are slowly moving downhill (say 2m per minute), even at 3-4 degrees slope, so now they are about half km away from landing position (indicated by planted flag) and it is  also bit challenging to transfer resources between ISRU and LFO storage truck when it is on constant move.

On 3/1/2020 at 1:53 PM, 5thHorseman said:

And what makes you think that they didn't do that for a vast majority of the bugs issues they found that you then never saw?

Because some really serious nonconformities got through, some of them so obvious that they got caught in the first run by most users.

It's like buying a car, leave the shop driving it and then realising there's no breaks, or the automatic transmission does not engage the third gear - it's plain impossible that such non conformities would passed unattended if anyone had done a minimal set of tests.

I think you may be interested on this link? I think it can help.

https://www.ekreative.com/blog/no-bug-fixing/

Edited by Lisias
Wrong link.

8 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

Can someone explain how to use the patcher on the main store website? I've used it before,but now its telling me I need to "Please select a valid Kerbal Space Program folder." 

Am upgrading from 1.9 to 1.9.1

Don’t bother. It is apparently broken. 
Just download the entire updated version. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2020 at 7:25 PM, Lisias said:

Because some really serious nonconformities got through, some of them so obvious that they got caught in the first run by most users.

It's like buying a car, leave the shop driving it and then realising there's no breaks, or the automatic transmission does not engage the third gear - it's plain impossible that such non conformities would passed unattended if anyone had done a minimal set of tests.

I think you may be interested on this link? I think it can help.

https://www.ekreative.com/blog/no-bug-fixing/

someone that buys a car with an automatic transmission would deserve that. What serious bugs you talking about? I am sick of the bugs in 1.8 but am waiting for kopernicus to upgrade to 1.9 

On 3/23/2020 at 11:51 PM, dave1904 said:

What serious bugs you talking about?

What's serious from the development point of view may not be seen as serious by the end-user. The user cares about the results, the thing is working, it's fine. We, developers, on the other hand, should worry about a thing called maintainability, that it's the ability to correctly... maintain :P ... the damn thing working in the future.

In a nut shell, maintainability is what we need to have in order to avoid a thing called bit-rotting.

As an example, that new annoyance on the nav-nodes. Every time you enter the Navigation Scene (on 1.9.x), all your nav-nodes are "gone" - until you manually find one and select it, where all the nav-nodes are "remembered" suddenly.

From the user point of view, it's an annoyance. From my point of view, this is smelling bit-rot - the developers are losing control of the code-tree, as they are forgetting to do some things (as initialise some data structures on some events), relying on some deep buried code to do the thing in a way nobody knows or understand.

Such a mishap is obvious, it's plain impossible that KSP 1.9 were gone gold without anyone knowing about this. So, by inference, they choose to let it go as is because they don't know how to fix it or don't have the [ time ] to learn how to fix it (what's just an explanation for the reason they don't know how to fix it).

The problem with this approach is that you end up forced on developing new code over misbehaving code, and sooner or later you are drawn into a corner because the new developed code works only over misbehaving code, and you can't fix the misbehaving code (because it would break the new developed code that depends on the misbehaviour to work). And so you need to code a stunt (known as "gambiarra" where I live). But since such "gambiarras" are meant to empirically fix problems without caring for anything else, once such "gambiarras" pile up, you have a system full of conflicting requirements - you can't change one thing because a "gambiarra" depends of it, and you can't remove that 'gambiarra' because it fix something else that you don't know how to fix, or worst, can't be fixed because it would break another "gambiarra", and so you are lock on a vicious cycle.

I am sick of the bugs in 1.8 but am waiting for kopernicus to upgrade to 1.9 

Don't expect too much. There're visual and life quality enhancements on KSP 1.9, but the worst bugs are still there (as well some new ones).

Follows a small resume from the ones I know about (links to the reporter):

Spoiler

someone that buys a car with an automatic transmission would deserve that.

I completely agree with you! Used this example exactly by this!! :D :D :D 

Edited by Lisias
Fixed (again) an argument, on the text in italics and between brackets.

6 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Don't expect too much. There're visual and life quality enhancements on KSP 1.9, but the worst bugs are still there (as well some new ones).

with 1.8.1 I have and issue with ground texture flickering and sometimes my kerbals sink into the ground and explode. To be fair I am not sure if the exploding one is stock with 150 mods but the texture bug is stock confirmed. 

On 3/24/2020 at 3:11 PM, dave1904 said:

with 1.8.1 I have and issue with ground texture flickering and sometimes my kerbals sink into the ground and explode. To be fair I am not sure if the exploding one is stock with 150 mods but the texture bug is stock confirmed. 

The ground sinking Kerbal is also stock related. I think it's fixed (or kinda, read someone complaining about how it was fixed) on 1.9.1, but I didn't tested it myself - found a nasty showstopper for me on the 1.8 and 1.9 series, and ended up going back to play on 1.7.3 .(I enjoy to play KSP, not to endlessly hunt and work around bugs on it).

------ post edit -----

On 3/24/2020 at 3:04 PM, Lisias said:

So, by inference, they choose to let it go as is because they don't know how to fix it or don't have the TIME to learn how to fix it (what's just an explanation for the reason they don't know how to fix it).

Weirdly, one word is missing on a key argument of mine on a previous post (I use to make a lot of typos, but a whole word appears to be a new...). I tried to fix the post, but more weirdly, that post is locked and I can't edit it.

Well, I fixed the argument above, the missing word ("time") is emphasized.

------- post post edit -------

Well, the edit lock on that post was lifted. So I fixed it there too.

Edited by Lisias
Post post edit

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Nightside said:

I haven’t seen an official post from the KSP team in ages. @St4rdust, is @SQUAD still planning any new updates or content?

Hope everyone is well!

Squad has been coming out with new versions every 3-8 months. They target 4 but sometimes go over that and once went under it.

1.9 came out on Feb 12, so you shouldn't really expect anything until June 12 but they could easily not release anything until July or even August without breaking their pattern.

Lately they've not really done a big teaser beforehand, at least not to my memory or my quick google searches. But basically, don't expect anything until June and don't worry about any problems until September.

• 2 weeks later...