[20.x]BobCat Ind. Release

BobCat

211661616.jpg

The main direction of the company, is wheeled equipment for studying and colonization of planets Kerbol system.

FON7M.jpg

Development team

-Bobcat

-CrashnBurn

DEMV Mk 1 version 1.0 Release

211595448.jpg

Duna Exploration Manned Vehicle (DEMV) - Heavy vehicles (6wd ATV) , for research, study of planets and their moons.

This may be used to transport mining operations in low gravity

Crew - 5

weight - 4,5 t

average payload - 9 t (1G)

max payload -15-18 t (1G)

functions.php?landing=mod_infographics&target=mod_signature&id=23

Change log

-----------

-add MuMech fixed camera in interior

-----------

-realese

DISCLAIMER: This mod needs KSP v0.16, cart plugin 1,34+

plugin Cart is used with permission

To install just unzip to KSP/ folder. cart.dll plugin goes to KSP/Plugins/, DEMV part goes to KSP/Parts/. If you wish to develop something similar feel free to use KSP/Sources/Cart/ source code as a reference. No permission is required; just mention an original author and distribute your derivative work under BY-SA license.

Special thanks to Tosh for the support cart plugin

------------------

issue

not work context menu

problem whit collision (maybe)

solution

Plugin cartComand (Bigtrak KSP), is not compatible with the plugin Cart, track to the folder Plugins were present only cart.dll but not CartCommand.dll

------------------

211588464.gif

211588466.gif

211588468.gif

211588469.gif

211588470.gif

211588472.gif

211588473.gif

DEMV Mark 2 complex "Pretorian"

hgMoa.png

The Mark II, a second generation rover from Bobcat Ind., has more stability, and greater capabilities due to it's modular design. We at Bobcat Ind. intend to develop several different payload packages for this very adaptable space truck.

Cart 1.34 and mechjeb 1.9.3 required and included. (mechjeb is used for the cameras and the empty pod with crew capability)

Please leave us comments on improvements or new payloads you would like to see.

Crew - 2

weight - 5 t

average payload - 12 t (1G)

max payload -27 t (1G)

max speed - 80 km/h

functions.php?landing=mod_infographics&target=mod_signature&id=39

Change log

------------

-Fixed maximum speed

-Fixed suspension

-Fixed force fixing cargo module

-Added horizontal attachment point for 1m units

-Fixed some minor bugs

-----------

-Realese

DISCLAIMER: This mod needs KSP v0.17, cart plugin 1,34+

plugin Cart is used with permission

plugin Fixed Camera used with GPL licensed

To install just unzip to KSP/ folder. cart.dll plugin goes to KSP/Plugins/, DEMVMark2 part goes to KSP/Parts/. If you wish to develop something similar feel free to use KSP/Sources/Cart/ source code as a reference. No permission is required; just mention an original author and distribute your derivative work under BY-SA license.

Special thanks to Tosh for the support cart plugin

issue

-glass is not transparent

must wait an updated carts plug-in from Tosh

-----------------------------

Center mass

Because of the modular design, the payload you move the center of gravity of the rover. There is gentle and a little experience with ground tests to pick the load at which the center of mass is shifted slightly. Mass shell the pods must be equal to the mass of the payload, to the rover was able to take off vertically.When you walk on the surface of the center of mass of the planet is not so important.

it's important - Follow the shift of the center of mass at equipping your rover

DEMV Mark 4 "RAT" Pack realese

acF93.png

Small and lightweight rover for exploring planet. 2 kerbals on aboard.

Crew - 2

weight - 4t

average payload - not tested

max payload - not tested

max speed - 130km\h (1G)

Including

- Rover DEMV Mark 4 "RAT"

- cargo pack

------ Energy module. RTG and Batteries

------ Liquid fuel tank

------ Kethane Tank (wait Kethane mod new realese)

- Mark 4 "ION" ion engine

- Mark 4 Liquid fuel engine

functions.php?landing=mod_infographics&target=mod_signature&id=73

ZrQLA.png

attachment.php?attachmentid=34032&d=1349139798

NIVVP.png

------------------------

DEMV D.R.O.P. realese

unmanned De-orbit and Re-entry Operations Platform, for the safe delivery of cargo to the surface of planets. Based on BobCat ind. standart cargo conteiner form factor 4*2m

Crew - unmanned

weight - not tested

average payload - 5t

max payload - not tested

max speed - not used

Including

- D.R.O.P. platform

------- D.R.O.P. unmanned decent control unit

------- Parachute system

------- Heavy RCS and RCS tank

including in Mark 4 pack

All BobCat ind product 88x31.png License

Edited by BobCat

My file doesn't seem to want to un-zip.

Anyone else getting an error while unzipping it?

You using a Mac? Archive Utility cannot take the awesomeness of this, so it won't un-zip properly.

Try using the UnArchiver from the Mac App Store, it's free, and it can unzip tons of other formats Archive Utility cannot unzip.

Good luck!

Err, it doesn't work

When I get it, It simply clips through the ground

same problem. tried kerbin, mun and minmus. all the same, clips to the height of the roof and is not usable.

hard to say what the problem is. I have never happened, and the Mun and the Minimus, I sat down with no problems with any capsule.

You could not record video when the time falls through, maybe it will help me diagnose this bug?

1 sec ago

211594896.gif

211595064.gif

about 50 tons and 1200 thrust - wheels and suspension kept properly, will not fail.

Edited by BobCat

issue

not work context menu

problem whit collision (maybe) - Maybe because I was not able to repeat at this bug, but maybe the reason the exact same

solution

Plugin cartComand (Bigtrak KSP), is not compatible with the plugin Cart, track to the folder Plugins were present only cart.dll but not CartCommand.dll

Edited by BobCat

Can't say I have, try unzipping it again or download the file again?

I just tried to download it 4 times, always came back with invalid ZIP file - UNTIL I tried to extract it with WinRAR.

Result - the file is *NOT* a ZIP file. It is either a .RAR or a .7z, mislabeled as a ZIP by the uploader. This does need to be resolved.

This is an awesome mod from what I've experienced and is something I've been waiting for for a long time. I've noticed a couple of issues, however; this mod is not fully compatible with MechJeb. You can't launch an unmanned, MechJeb-controlled ship carrying the DEMV---it requires a crew member aboard. I'm also noticing that I have no portraits of the Kerbals inside, so once one of them boards, they can't go EVA again and are basically stuck in the DEMV.

The cruise control is a fantastic feature that was and is critically needed in the BigTrak. The physics and the suspension system also make the DEMV delightfully "small-boulder-proof"--it doesn't hit a pebble and go soaring end over end across the Munar surface, like the BigTrak tends to do.

I love this but since landing large wheeled objects isn't something i can do easily, would you mind constructing a lander stage for the DEMV to make it easier on the less talented like me.

I plan on it, but not in the first place. I also am not a master of landing on the surface, but in standard parts are easily assembled lander, like the pictures in the first post.

Some suggestions for the future:

Make the DEMV a pod.

Skycrane lander.

Package a stock launcher in the zip.

Kerbal model in the driver's seat.

Shovel/forklift/light attachments.

Plan for future changes I presented later. But I can say that some things on your list there will be mandatory.

I'm also noticing that I have no portraits of the Kerbals inside, so once one of them boards, they can't go EVA again and are basically stuck in the DEMV.

Portet highly buggy with multiple command modules, so I did not add them. All management crew worked through the context menu hatch

The cruise control is a fantastic feature that was and is critically needed in the BigTrak. The physics and the suspension system also make the DEMV delightfully "small-boulder-proof"--it doesn't hit a pebble and go soaring end over end across the Munar surface, like the BigTrak tends to do.

This plugin "cart" features, not mine.))) I just used the opportunity to be closer to reality.