[20.x]BobCat Ind. Release

BobCat

You're welcome. :) TBH, my personal philosophy is to generally give ETA if I can (though after many a fiasco with the CSS overhaul, I've started to become a bit superstitious about it), and to take criticism respectably, fixing and correcting what I can.

I'd say, it's probably not BobCat's fault that he disappeared, but he could at least give indication what's going on (I recall a vague indication that RL has been hard on him, but no details). He posted a lot of teasers, but so far only released the upgraded Soyuz, and even that's a single test version. I suppose he might just be very very busy (as it often happens to people), but he could at least give a definite confirmation.

Oh, and a tip to all vicious "defenders" of one modder or the other: I consider such "anti-criticism" an insult, because it implies that the modder can't adequately respond to the criticism himself. Many modders actually take it better than most of their fans, in fact. Best example: OLDD thread. I complained about red struts on Saturn V LES. I got flamed by the fans and even moderators jumped in on the action. And what Denny did? Repainted the struts white for the next release. Noone complained after that. :)

No one complained meaning just you right? :)

Well, it's an improvement, isn't it? :) I mean, if somebody was actually big on those red struts, they'd have voiced their opinion. They didn't, so it was clearly not worth all that ruckus.

You're welcome. :) TBH, my personal philosophy is to generally give ETA if I can (though after many a fiasco with the CSS overhaul, I've started to become a bit superstitious about it), and to take criticism respectably, fixing and correcting what I can.

I'd say, it's probably not BobCat's fault that he disappeared, but he could at least give indication what's going on (I recall a vague indication that RL has been hard on him, but no details). He posted a lot of teasers, but so far only released the upgraded Soyuz, and even that's a single test version. I suppose he might just be very very busy (as it often happens to people), but he could at least give a definite confirmation.

Oh, and a tip to all vicious "defenders" of one modder or the other: I consider such "anti-criticism" an insult, because it implies that the modder can't adequately respond to the criticism himself. Many modders actually take it better than most of their fans, in fact. Best example: OLDD thread. I complained about red struts on Saturn V LES. I got flamed by the fans and even moderators jumped in on the action. And what Denny did? Repainted the struts white for the next release. Noone complained after that. :)

Indeed indeed, I've ran into this on both of InfiniteDice's forums. He's a great guy that takes things in stride, not once ever taking anything personal, but oh god the fanbase that follows him can be a cult sometimes.

I do hope though that Bobcat does get around that riverbend and actually come back, if at anything, to free up the ownership.

Indeed indeed, I've ran into this on both of InfiniteDice's forums. He's a great guy that takes things in stride, not once ever taking anything personal, but oh god the fanbase that follows him can be a cult sometimes.

I do hope though that Bobcat does get around that riverbend and actually come back, if at anything, to free up the ownership.

Actually,

I heard a rumor that the same bear that ate the tires on bobcats rover, stole bobcats BBQ grill... Bobcat was so angry that he followed the bear into his cave to retrieve his BBQ grill. When he found the grill the bear was waiting for Bobcat with a surprise party. The bear had prepared a feast for Bobcat to say that he was sorry for eating the Rover's tire and that he had borrowed the grill for the occasion.

There was a lot of "Piva"-"Beer" and a lot of "Shashlik"-"BBQ meat". Bobcat and the bear feasted together until they were so full that they couldn't walk. They decided to rest a bit and watch a sports game on tv. Both the bear and Bobcat started to get sleepy and decided to take a nap.

Bobcat told the bear to wake him up when it was time to go but the bear fell into hibernation and never woke him up. Meanwhile, Bobcat keeps dreaming on new ideas for his mods and how to please his fan-base. I guess we will have to wait until the bear comes out of hibernation. Or until someone wakes Bobcat...

Anyway, that's the rumor i heard.... And I am not one for spreading or telling such fairy-tales.... Please keep it hush hush... we don't want the community to know of such things...

Edited by Prowler_x1

Seems like that argument is out of the system now, and we can get back on topic. Remember, this isn't a debate forum-- this thread is to talk about BobCat's mod, not argue over why he doesn't have the time to finish it.

Chill and talk about the mod. :)

Seems like that argument is out of the system now, and we can get back on topic. Remember, this isn't a debate forum-- this thread is to talk about BobCat's mod, not argue over why he doesn't have the time to finish it.

Chill and talk about the mod. :)

1) This is by far an "Argument"

2) Until people in general start remembering what common codes of conduct between each other should be, then this "discussion" will pop up on a huge percentage of these Mod threads.

3) I would agree we are here to discuss Bobcats Mods, but since a major part of this discussion is absent, then it will continue to shift towards, "hey, where in the hell is Bobcat?"

4) As for this discussion having much more deeper interests than the simple, "When is this going to get finished", it cant be about an ETA without the creator of the Mod being present or an ETA for his presence.

I beg to differ the contradiction, "Hey this is not a debate Forum", "its for discussing the Mod"... Forums=Debates

Sorry, I had to do it this time. A get back on track post worded this way, was to much to resist.

Discussion: Work on the great Mods old and new or, let us know an apx eta when you will be returning, tell us your really not interested enough atm to continue, release a few of the parts/packs you have been working on or hand some of this great **** off to someone that wants to continue your work.

Lastly thx a ton for the Mark 2, Soviet and American packs....exc. With out them my Kerbin existence would have been much much less interesting. Hope your feeling ok Paul, and drop in once in a while with your "true" intentions.

Was just wondering, what would the likelihood of getting a chases for the DEMV 2/4 parts with no wheels? I like all the little actions but with how the cleverwalrus dll breaks every patch is getting old, and wheel parts are common now. I wouldn't even need a parts config, just the model...

im really like this "forum battle" ))

I ceased to hold much in this game.

I have to update very large number of mods with sufficiently small time intervals.

It takes a lot of effort and does not engaged in something new and interesting.

Now I would like to update the American pack and add new parts house, but a few weeks is not working ... it Speceport what that madness.

Now I do nothing and thinking that can make even a separate location for my packs, where everyone can find them.

But to be honest, I have lost the desire to do that either until the game comes into version 1.0. Too much energy is going to work with configs in every version update.

I have a lot of desire to release a lot of things interensoe already made. But I imagine that they will need to continually update and look for errors in the config ... ugh.

Lost all desire to work.

Edited by BobCat

I can take over maintaining them, if it's too much for you. I've had some testing experience with you mods, as long as the models themselves work, I will handle all config updates needed to move between versions. You can PM me with what you have ready, and I'll handle the bugfixing. Please, don't give up. This community needs your mods, and there's a lot of people willing to help with them. :)

If you gave me permission, I would upload your stuff to Mediafire, with proper credits and updated configs, of course. The only thing you'd have to do would be making new things and perhaps fixing models, which break much less often (and in fact, shouldn't at all until 1.0. The system is pretty robust now).

In fact, I wanted to ask you for permission to release the ISS project, because Yogui made some updates it'd be great to release them, but the whole thing needs updating. I did some upgrades to ISS on my own, too.

Edited by Guest

I can take over maintaining them, if it's too much for you. I've had some testing experience with you mods, as long as the models themselves work, I will handle all config updates needed to move between versions. You can PM me with what you have ready, and I'll handle the bugfixing. Please, don't give up. This community needs your mods, and there's a lot of people willing to help with them. :)

If you gave me permission, I would upload your stuff to Mediafire, with proper credits and updated configs, of course. The only thing you'd have to do would be making new things and perhaps fixing models, which break much less often (and in fact, shouldn't at all until 1.0. The system is pretty robust now).

In fact, I wanted to ask you for permission to release the ISS project, because Yogui made some updates it'd be great to release them, but the whole thing needs updating. I did some upgrades to ISS on my own, too.

I agree and I'm willing to help too if you'll take me. Love playing around with part.cfg files.

I would say that such a thing would be a good move. I have seen in in other games where popular mods get ruined from needy people who harass a contributor till they give up in frustration. Having one or two designated people to help with just updates would cushion the bombardment. Its not like config file changes are hard, 20 minutes with the wiki and you can bring parts from 0.17 back into the game integrated with the tech tree....

Well, it's a bit more complicated, some of those unfinished parts have real issues which require a bit of know-how to fix. That said, ISS will soon (I hope) be re-released, then (maybe) updated with a better, Infernal Robotics-based truss on a latter date. HOME3 had some serious issues, but I've already fixed a large amount of them (not all, though, the crew vehicle is still barely usable). I'm not giving any dates yet, though. There's good stuff coming, and it's gonna get a new thread.

Also, I recall there being a community patch for the old HOME parts, but I can't find it. Could someone send it my way? It might be useful to update those, too, while we're at it. Just not the DEMVs, since they have wheels that use the old system and are thus impossible to directly port to the new KSP.

Edited by Guest

Well, it's a bit more complicated, some of those unfinished parts have real issues which require a bit of know-how to fix. That said, ISS will soon (I hope) be re-released, then (maybe) updated with a better, Infernal Robotics-based truss on a latter date. HOME3 had some serious issues, but I've already fixed a large amount of them. I'm not giving any dates yet, though. There's good stuff coming, and it's gonna get a new thread.

Let me know if you need any help with the Infernal Robotic parts. I can give you pointers, help. Just PM me any time.

I agree 1 or 2 volunteers will take the burden off you bobcat and allow you to concentrate on the stuff you enjoy I have loved using your home stuff and still do today.The rovers are still in use as I spoke to clever walrus and she updated the dll for the cleverbobcat stuff, we are more than happy to help you just say the word. I would love to see the new home stuff released hopefully with us helping it will come to fruition

Edited by Virtualgenius

Well, PM me the configs in some convenient form (not MM, though, because I'll be integrating them into the re-release). We'll see about the old DEMVs, but I'd generally prefer not to support the old, redundant wheel system that is just gonna get more and more outdated. There's a new Tesla rover in the works that uses stock wheel system.

Well, it's a bit more complicated, some of those unfinished parts have real issues which require a bit of know-how to fix. That said, ISS will soon (I hope) be re-released, then (maybe) updated with a better, Infernal Robotics-based truss on a latter date. HOME3 had some serious issues, but I've already fixed a large amount of them (not all, though, the crew vehicle is still barely usable). I'm not giving any dates yet, though. There's good stuff coming, and it's gonna get a new thread.

Also, I recall there being a community patch for the old HOME parts, but I can't find it. Could someone send it my way? It might be useful to update those, too, while we're at it. Just not the DEMVs, since they have wheels that use the old system and are thus impossible to directly port to the new KSP.

Yea I know, but most are asking how to get the parts into the game. The animation are even beyond me. Ill dig through my old mods and see if I can find the patch you are talking about. I do remember downloading it and I never delete the parts. If I cant find them Ill just zip the ones I have working on my own version of the game. I remember there being a glitch where the ASAS Hull would not show up that I had to fix myself..

Could you also please split off the TACLS stuff into MM cfgs? bobcat for some reason made his mods dependent on TACLS because he put the life support modules into everything, which means to play his mods without TACLS you had to edit the files.

"Remake the chassis" hard. Squad's system has nothing in common with CleverBobCat one. It's easier to just start from scratch.